Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

It does not matter which you do first as long as you are patched to 154 before you play BAF DLC.

Just installed patch 1.54 + BAF sucessfully. Besides of the Msvcp71.dll-error by sprocket.exe there were no problems to install both.

My way to install the patch (after reading this thread):

- went back to default CPU-clock

- copied the extracted patch to the Arma2-directory

- installed it

(btw, i ddl the patch from armed-assault.de although there should be no difference between the different hosters, I think.)

Perhaps its helpful for someone.

Really a big WELL DONE for the new mp-browser GUI. Great one, BIS!!:icon14:

Edited by WillaCHilla

Anyone seeing any improvement in performance on the OA maps? Seems to me things are a little smoother.

OK, i've went and uninstalled the BAF, tried to patch but still getting errors (air_e.pbo, animals_e.pbo, etc..)

Were you playing on a different difficulty mode? Because I normal play on Expert and it's not on there, but when I checked out Normal it was still available. :confused:

Veteran with some custom adjustments, but before 1.54 it was still there and now it´s gone. Pretty clear case to me, no more spacebar, bring LRF! :D

And I expect the steam update will be around 1.7Gb, because that's the size of the changed files between 1.52 and 1.54.

Mr. Burns: InstaRangeMeter is available only in cadet modes (recruit and regular, not veteran and expert). Now I wish I could filter for those games as well. I can't stand cadet modes in MP, but will use it during SP or mission making. Edit: Too late, this thread moves ahead like a rocket :D

± Sadly also reticle graphics are capped. I don't care if I "look bad" due to capped textures, but taking away my ability to fight with these classes are not good. At least good news I will be able to join all servers though. All in all better executed than expected, but when it's done like this will need some planning in the lobby to avoid non BAF players getting BAF slots.

- M14 and UH-1H gunnery sights (on one side) still misaligned.

+ M2 MGs and M252 Mortars can be disassembled and assembled properly now (great!!).

± Mixed feelings about the engineer action. Very nice addition, but it takes no time at all and can be done with vehicle running and people on board. Would also have been nice if you had to repair on a per part basis instead of the whole vehicle. I only tried lowering the health tho, not setHit.

± Not sure what has changed with the IR Strobes and Targets. Still not able to pick it up and "attach to body", unless I'm missing something. But at least they work like normal again (unlike how they worked during beta).

+ Awesome changes to the MP server screen.

+ Love the artillery calculator.

± Fully agree on making the MAAWS rockets three slots. But oddly enough the (longer) SMAW rockets are not affected by this...

These are just first impressions.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Mr. Burns: InstaRangeMeter is available only in cadet modes (recruit and regular, not veteran and expert). Now I wish I could filter for those games as well. I can't stand cadet modes in MP, but will use it during SP or mission making.

Oh .. i am mistaken then. Seems i´ve never used it in SP environment (editor) so my judgement was based on our severconfig which, obviously, needs to be readjusted.

Thanks for your clarifications :)

Thank you BIS, for not ruining the MP community. I was afraid the DLC(s) would sperate it compleatly. Thank you!

@MrBurns: Shapur is 4km^2... Trigger size is taken as distance from center (radius in case of round ones). So that makes border 2km long... You know rest...

the new missions_e.pbo sorts the signature problem out!

And the 1.54 patch is a master stroke....:bounce3:

@Mr Burns: It could be a difficulty switch, I don't know. But at least with my own difficulty modes I just need to switch to veteran modes to get rid of it. Played MP games last night where this was also the case (before 1.54), so I'm not sure this is new to this version. Dunno honestly.

when will it be out for steam... =/ and i mean the patch

Edited by Darkangel101

Has anyone found out what new IED feature is?

Edited by MessiahUA

;1731004']@MrBurns: Shapur is 4km^2... Trigger size is taken as distance from center (radius in case of round ones). So that makes border 2km long... You know rest...

Are you sure? I´m not' date=' as that calculation would make Takistan ~84km² oO

edit: somehow i cannot think clearly today ... should know better after we´ve had this discussion before:

th_lolmw3.png :D

So my pic stating it to be 1km² is wrong, it´s actually 2km²

But i still don´t believe that triggers use radii for measurement.

Edited by Mr Burns

Was anything change about the camra zoom on the 3rd persion view? Looks like it zoomed in more, but its been an while since iv played.

Well all I was really asking for is a mention of when it'll be available on steam. If it's available tomorrow it isn't all that bad, but considering the patch was released with no announcement whatsoever regarding what steam users are supposed to do, you should understand why people are concerned.

Though having to skip tonight's and tomorrow's gaming sessions just because steam updates late is still annoying (though not as annoying as not having any clue what is going to happen with steam users).

Ya know, as much as I like Steam -and use it for 99% of all game purchases - I went and bought Combined Ops on DVD even though I already have A2/OA on Steam. In this particular case, life is much better without Steam in the mix. Plus I helped out my favorite developers by doubling down on my purchase of their products.

Not suggesting you need to do the same, but it seems these games are just not as Steam friendly as the rest of them.

Hi guy's,

can anyone point me how to update the 'Sprocket' Version from OA ?

Gave me allot of patch errors, not only the mission_e thing

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMALS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CA_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISC_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Thank you very much

Edited by BlackSheep