Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

That's odd Enad, my performance is on par with the last beta for OA (which is very good) and the AI have improved. Seems they actually know to take cover behind low walls by crouching now, which I've never seen before. :D

That's odd Enad, my performance is on par with the last beta for OA (which is very good) and the AI have improved. Seems they actually know to take cover behind low walls by crouching now, which I've never seen before. :D

Shit, the other day I encountered AI in Domination leaning and entering buildings to chase my ass. Looks like my ass is grass for spotting them now lol.

Also if the performance is anything like the last two beta patches, the game should actually run better o.O

I've been playing a couple of missions and the medic and machinegunner went on their own in "support" mode... is that new or did I just skipped this one previously ?

Yeah, that's the other thing I noticed. The AI have actually been using buildings against me often on Takistan. I don't know if that's just a fluke, but it's happened a lot. It's awesome. :D

Yeah, thank you soooo much BIS :)

It work perfectly and no problems.

Just some error from the RPT file:

=====================================================================

== g:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "g:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/27 01:14:35

Current time: 2010/08/27 01:27:42

Version 1.54.72938

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item str_disp_left listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Updated in my CIT report :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12243#change-64026

Otherwise, no problems :)

Edited by MJK-Ranger

The command cursor is still broken and stays in the dead center of the screen

The UAV tutorial is still broken - can't select UAV

These issues are there since OA and the first beta came out respectively - when will they finally get fixed?

Also performance seems to be notably worse

Edited by metalcraze

From your friendly guys at TFB,

If you have patched to 1.54 but wish to join a 1.52 server, use the beta patch...lets you in

Does it matter if I've installed the BAF pack before the patch, will the patch "overwrite" my units with the included low texture ones?

Does it matter if I've installed the BAF pack before the patch, will the patch "overwrite" my units with the included low texture ones?

Yeah, same worry!

Protip: If d/l doesn't start, go to Steam tab : Change User and log yourself back in.

PS: Steam udpate is 1,733mb, so don't be in a hurry.

Didn't work for me. Been trying to get the DL started for an hour now.

Didn't work for me. Been trying to get the DL started for an hour now.

Mines been downloading for about half an hour. 50% done, so far so good!!

Roush

The command cursor is still broken and stays in the dead center of the screen

The UAV tutorial is still broken - can't select UAV

These issues are there since OA and the first beta came out respectively - when will they finally get fixed?

Also performance seems to be notably worse

None of those are universal problems which is probably why they are so hard to nail down. Probably some kind of driver/hardware issue unique to those having the problems.

If I remember correctly from reading some pages back, you have to install the patch then BAF. Could someone please confirm this??

Roush

No, it does not matter at all.

No, it does not matter at all.

Maruk, thank you for confirming this! I did not want to lead anyone down the wrong path!!:D

Roush

Why there isn't a standlone 1.54 patch(don't include the BAF lite) for those people like me who already installed the BAF DLC? Thus the patch must be thin.

Because BAF Lite is the 1.54 patch. BAF itself is just upgraded textures and other features.

None of those are universal problems which is probably why they are so hard to nail down.

Doubt that about the broken missions and cursor

And I haven't mentioned the russian translation which is still broken as hell in the editor. And all that is needed to fix that is to change the US faction name. Can't do that myself as obviously I won't be able to play on servers that check signatures.

Probably some kind of driver/hardware issue unique to those having the problems.

I never had performance nor graphical issues with any of the OA betas. Everything worked smoothly.

However this patch is really awful - I have lots of stuttering, flashing white textures that were long gone in one of the first ArmA2 1.06 betas, lots of heavy FPS drops, in Zargabad when I go on the roof sky starts to flash as if it changes brightness. Even on Shapur when simply looking at the desert with a little grass and a few hills FPS drops to 35 (and now imagine this happening in actual missions on more detailed maps to a much much worse degree).

I really hope BIS will roll back whatever they did in 1.55 and that it will be released very soon (we don't use betas on our clan server ;( )

Edited by metalcraze

BAF is awesome, however the Warrior IFV's cannon firing HE nuke. Pretty impressive firepower for the size, I wonder no more why there's no Challenger MBT.

HOLY SHIT MY FRIENDS! I don't want to misinform, so please confirm. -I've been playing Generic town TDM (Generated towns) on my LAN and the AI are using all levels of buildings!- They are staking out vantage points in the second story and roofs quite often, and leaning out of doorways. moving from vantage to vantage and laying down the fire! For those of you with framerate issues, I believe it could be from the added calcs to do this. Just a thought.

Please somebody give me a link for steam to purchase de DLC? thnaks!

Please somebody give me a link for steam to purchase de DLC? thnaks!

Sorry we can't get it on steam yet :mad: