Sign in to follow this  
UrbanXFX

DLC - Canadian Forces

I'd like to see Canadian Armed Forces in this the next DLC, not just the men but armor and air vehicles, it would be cool using a C7 in the Korengal Valley, Maybe even a new map :D

No one cares.
Same.

+1

...I'm sorry, but I just don't think they have potential :(

I mean the Britons at least have their own character and are a major part of operations in Afgh etc. I've never seen or heard articles, pictures or news about the Canadian forces :j: well except for their part in D-day but dat was laik 70yrs ago or so.

Agree with OP, it'd be great to see

+1

I mean the Britons at least have their own character and are a major part of operations in Afgh etc. I've never seen or heard articles, pictures or news about the Canadian forces :j: well except for their part in D-day but dat was laik 70yrs ago or so.

Disappointing ignorance, crack a book sometime. American and British units have been under Canadian command in Afghanistan in multiple instances. Canada also held command over ISAF during one rotation.

And other countries participating in the ISAF. France, Australia, Germany,..etc. They all contribute.

+1

Well, at least you've given us an idea as to the extent of your ignorance.

ehh I'm sorry, I never said they didn't play a major part in operations, I just said I've never heard of them war-wise, I mean obviously they take part in conflicts and possibly play a major role in them; but it's not my sort of dlc product (even though I'd still buy it to support bis), I think there are other factions such as the Germans, which they could elaborate on, or possibly even the EU, or maybe some opfor campaign; imo these would have more potential.

All I see in the British news these days is what is already in/confirmed for arma (namely Americans, Brits, some European special forces and obviously the opfor side) also excuse my ignorance; time for me to whip-out another Chris Ryan/Andy Mcnab...

(jk, I'm reading some Dan Brown at the moment :))

Edited by SASrecon

I just said I've never heard of them war-wise

Disappointing ignorance, crack a book sometime.

What he said.

One reason for the lack of news about the Canadians is that they don't make a big fuss about things. They are efficient and highly professional and don't seem to take 'extra precautions' to make sure to make it into international media highlight.

One reason for the lack of news about the Canadians is that they don't make a big fuss about things. They are efficient and highly professional and don't seem to take 'extra precautions' to make sure to make it into international media highlight.

Exactly my point, while the Brits have to go brag about their operations in books :D

Hey, I'm Canadian you bastards. :(

I'd love to see Canadian forces in a DLC pack, but ONS are making some. Hopefully some day we'll see them finished.

The reason the Canadian forces are rather... Small, is because of lack of government funding (especially in comparison to the Americans) and because we usually assume peacekeeping roles. We're in Afghanistan because we're part of NATO and the UN, but we were not going to follow the Americans into Iraq when the UN didn't, which I think had quite a big impact on American-Canadian relations. We don't like to cause shit on false premises.

I'm also considering joining them when I finish school, probably going to the RMCC if I do.

Make no mistake though, we ain't weak. :p

Edit: For those not realizing the Canadians are in Afghanistan:

B2r3C0PJ1LM

Probably the most famous YouTube video of us over there. They're even from where I'm from. :D

Edited by Zipper5

Well I'm Canadian too and the Armed Forces were primarily peace keepers until Bush opened a huge can of worms and we were forced to go in and try to clean up some the messes he made.

Thank god we weren't involved in Iraq!!

But some Canadian DL content would be great.

Thank god we weren't involved in Iraq!!

This. One of the best decisions our government has made in the last decade I think. Would not have wanted to have any guilt for what's going on over there as a Canadian, I feel sorry for Americans and the British. :(

I have little respect for what their governments chose to do, but I have the utmost respect for those who are fighting over there. True heroes in my eyes.

Hi, only few informed people and naive (aka fool) hippies don't know that the canadians are in A-Stan; but on topic... even when it'll be good for combined ops etc.. i don't really see a big "market" for the CAF as DLC, same goes for the spanish armed forces, the italian army and some others. But may be pimp to see the european army even when it's less operative than those mentioned armed forces by themselves. Let's C ya

but on topic... even when it'll be good for combined ops etc.. i don't really see a big "market" for the CAF as DLC

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately not too many Canadians seem to play BIS' games... There are communities for them, and there's ONS, but nothing compared to Europeans.

Some of the comments on this thread are unnecessarily unkind. If it really is the case that they wouldn't sell enough of them alone, then include them as part of a larger DLC, with maybe a few units from other countries. As Wipman said, some sort of UN peacekeeping force. I'd pay money for that.

+1

Wow where have you been? The canadians along with the british and americans have been holding southern Ghanny for the longest time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa I'd love to see a Canadian DLC, even more so than a British DLC.

A NATO-pack could be quite neat, adding some of the nations potentially not unique and/or popular enough to make it into own, British-scale DLC. For example Canada, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Turkey.

Hey, I'm Canadian you bastards. :(

I'd love to see Canadian forces in a DLC pack, but ONS are making some. Hopefully some day we'll see them finished.

The reason the Canadian forces are rather... Small, is because of lack of government funding (especially in comparison to the Americans) and because we usually assume peacekeeping roles. We're in Afghanistan because we're part of NATO and the UN, but we were not going to follow the Americans into Iraq when the UN didn't, which I think had quite a big impact on American-Canadian relations. We don't like to cause shit on false premises.

I'm also considering joining them when I finish school, probably going to the RMCC if I do.

Make no mistake though, we ain't weak. :p

Edit: For those not realizing the Canadians are in Afghanistan:

B2r3C0PJ1LM

Probably the most famous YouTube video of us over there. They're even from where I'm from. :D

Cool your from Edmonton too?

Wow where have you been? The canadians along with the british and americans have been holding southern Ghanny for the longest time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa I'd love to see a Canadian DLC, even more so than a British DLC.

Precisely. I'm a bit disappointed SASrecon. Surely you have access to the BBC website? If you're interested enough to comment on here then I thought you would have done your homework. Check out some of the stories and you'll see lots of Canadian forces involved on a daily basis in Afghanistan. Sadly, all too much of it is seeing Sons of Canada coming home in boxes.

Edited by Das Attorney

+1

I'm disgusted with you beyond words. The Canadian Forces are the largest force in Afghanistan next to the US and the British at the moment. We've been there since 2002, and the Joint Task Force 2 went in in 2001. Up yours.

Didn't a Canadian have the record for the longest sniper kill in Afghanistan too? Until the British guy beat it?