Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Oh how I envy you. I run an NVidia Geforce 7800. I actually used higher settings than you for several years, but I'm starting to think its slowly dying.

@UKF - Is there a certain time when you guys are on the most? Also, is the entire team planning to switch to women's jeans, or was that a one person one time type deal? ;)

Due to the different time zones, there should be a good spread tbh, I am usually around most evenings, (UK Times).

As for the womens Jeans part ......... I am totally lost as to what you mean pal :confused:

Your saying the rv engine doesnt handle it well.. so i assume their is done some research about it :rolleyes:.

Just look at any case where soldiers come into contact with objects in the game:

- Moving through houses: clunky.

- Touching rocks: buggy and potentially deadly, at least on Takistan.

- Walking on vehicles: slippery.

- Crawl up to a pile of rocks: you automatically stand up.

Long story short, direct physical interactions in Arma2 are primitive at best.

But doesn't stepping over require physical interaction between the soldier and the object?

Nope. As Twonk explained, the "stepping over" anim doesn't require the presence of an object. In fact, when actually stepping over something it's better if you don't touch it - otherwise you may not make it over and will remain where you started. :rolleyes:

The bouncy rocks seems to have been fixed in the last patch though. At least I haven't experienced it since.

lol. I was refering to a picture of the PR team in front of a piece of UK armor. Somebody on the far right was wearing women's jeans. (I think this was a recent pic, although I'm on my phone and can't seem to find it.)

IIRC Dunehunter (Did I get that right?) was in the middle wearing a leather jacket.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

lol. I was refering to a picture of the PR team in front of a piece of UK armor. Somebody on the far right was wearing women's jeans. (I think this was a recent pic, although I'm on my phone and can't seem to find it.)

IIRC Dunehunter (Did I get that right?) was in the middle wearing a leather jacket.

Haha, I know what you mean. Best to not talk about it :p.

I think the cell size for Proving Grounds is pretty small and that certainly kills my performance.

from what i understand, the performance killers are the foliage that is littered throughout the place. it has a higher density and detail than on regular maps. just from my observation.

Woman Jeans...........Man I hope you mean Gaz.........Trololo!

:D

Which one is DBZAO.I actually have watched all the DB videos and am subscribed to his channel.Just wanna put a face with the voice.....

LOL thanks.While I feel PR:BF2 should live on I do wonder what the devs that still mod for that game think of the latest builds in PR:arma2?

any eta on release date?

I 'll kindly ask the same thing.

I m really wondering why so much delays ^^

Myself the last 2 months i managed to do basic modeling/map making/scripting

from 'nothing'.

You guys are masterminds AND at least more than 5 ppl..

So..why?..

I 'll kindly ask the same thing.

I m really wondering why so much delays ^^

Myself the last 2 months i managed to do basic modeling/map making/scripting

from 'nothing'.

You guys are masterminds AND at least more than 5 ppl..

So..why?..

- Have you added a new gameplay style to the game?

- Have you finished all the different texture types required for each model?

- Have you completed every single LOD type for each unit?

- Have you added new scripted funtionality?

If you've answered 'no' to one or more of these questions, then you now know why.

Abs

You don't have to attack him. He was just saying he's completed content by himself in the past two months and he was wondering on an ETA.

I wonder why people stubbornly ask when it will be released. Is that really hard to understand that THE MOD will be released WHEN IT'S DONE!? That's really annoying to read it over and over again for 120 pages. I feel sorry for PR guys :(

I wonder why people stubbornly ask when it will be released. Is that really hard to understand that THE MOD will be released WHEN IT'S DONE!? That's really annoying to read it over and over again for 120 pages. I feel sorry for PR guys :(

I know the phrase WHEN IT'S DONE very well.

I just underlined the FACT that "those PR guys" have

lots of talent (as i can imagine) ..so it is really strange why

this is taking so long :eek:

By your sayings friend..i m NOT sorry for PR guys..i respect them

same as everyone in this community who struggling -for free-inventing

mods or anything for ALL people.

** I just don't want to see PR:A2 after official ArmA#853# release :D

Edited by GiorgyGR

I was not refering to you directly but to everyone who writes such posts in this topic.

I believe you respect them and their work otherwise you would not write in this topic :D

Well, there's a lot of mods which have never been completed, for ArmA 1 and OFP as well. You can't do anything about it unless you can provide the mod some help.

I strongly believe that PR guys know their skills, they have some plans and objectives which they're going to achieve and the same about the schedule when it may be released. Be patient guys.

Most of the team have fulltime jobs and work on PR:ArmA in their free time. Next to that, the PR team is working on a lot of things they want to get in the 0.1 release. It takes time to get things right.

Sure, they can release sooner, but the 0.1 version they have in mind would be incomplete. I don't think anyone would like to release something they think isn't even ready.

I agree that it takes a long time (I wanna play it just as bad :p), but I'm confident this is all for the good of the mod. And... you shouldn't rush quality ;).

Edited by AfterDune

How about you use the nice little report feature next time then?

Stop asking for news, guys. It's against the forum rules, same with thread bumping for no reason. If the PR team have news for you they're obviously going to post it. Asking for it doesn't speed anything up. You have been warned.

You don't have to attack him. He was just saying he's completed content by himself in the past two months and he was wondering on an ETA.

The same way that he was "just asking" I was "just replying".

Abs