Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Seriously. Please, just stop posting in this thread unless you have something useful to say.

The same goes for yourself. All I see when you post is some idiot who got mad about the moderators giving him an infraction for a valid reason, and is now trying to get other people in trouble for no reason other than you want to see it happen.

OT: If you guys can control your fanboys, I am curious as to one thing. Exactly how many maps will you include, and will they all be BF2 sized other than Wardak?

The same goes for yourself. All I see when you post is some idiot who got mad about the moderators giving him an infraction for a valid reason, and is now trying to get other people in trouble for no reason other than you want to see it happen.

OT: If you guys can control your fanboys, I am curious as to one thing. Exactly how many maps will you include, and will they all be BF2 sized other than Wardak?

Yes that was out of line, I was just upset with the mods. I just needed to suck it up. Other than that, I was just trying to keep the thread on topic.

Holy Troska's balls, can't you guys keep it together for 10 minutes? :mad:

In regards to map sizes..I hope not;)

To anyone wanting to see how gameplay is/was in BF2 for PR mod this might be useful. I liked watching some of these awhile back

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/14728-project-reality-video-compilation.html

they act as if they are god-like modders and as if they own the place

Well when it comes to decisions about THEIR mod, then yes, the do "own the place".

Jesus, I knew a lot of you were spoiled little brats, but this is incredible.

You have the gall to come into their thread and start spewing your "oh em gee, your mod will die if it doesnt have coop!" and your "you should do things this way because thats how its always been done in arma", and then you have the balls to try and call out their attitude when they say "well hey, its our mod, we'll make it how we damn well please"

You spoiled little brats make me sick. :mad:

More power to the PR team for doing things their way and not caving to the endless tirrade of "omg it needs to have coop!!1!11!!!1!!" bullshit.

Last couple of posts deleted, quit with all the crap already please, discuss this mod or don't discuss this mod and post in a different thread but stop all the bickering and fighting, it's immature and petty and is not what these forums are supposed to be about, if we have to start getting heavy handed and giving out infractions for every single flaming/flame baiting comment just for the sake of having a little decent conversation in this thread then so be it.

This thread is about the PR mod, not the people behind the mod, not the people waiting for the mod, if you aren't here to discuss the mod then move along elsewhere. If someone posts something not in keeping with the spirit of mature discussion then report the post, do not reply to it please.

Holy Troska's balls

You have now won the internet. :D

Sorry for the off-topic, but on their page tey have released a few updates of the arma2 mini mod, the mos important one, will require combined ops or arrowhead

www.realitymod.com

The only insults i have seen being used are by the few out spoken members of this community opposing this. Which frankly is dissapointing. Thankfully it would seem the overall response is positive.

The PR team has no interesting in CooP. it is making a PvP mod.

Do you guys ( Darkhorse , Gnat , Big mac) go into threads about, say... An addon for Rangers and go "nope, make it about seals or this addon sucks" because that is exactly what you are doing now and it makes no sense.

Also could some one quote an example of the PR devs acting like they are "god-like modders " please? it seems the few out spoken people here are acting more like "god-like community members", irony anyone?

Ive just been going through some of your ingame pictures and i wondered about the 'hill drop off' shot, The one with the Merlin hovering over a cliff edge and a trooper taking a knee as hes just disembarked.

So my question is, Did the guy run down the ramp and off the chopper?

Which would show you've made it possible to move around in the back of a chopper without falling out whilst its in motion.

Have to completely agree with DM, no-one has the right to dictate the direction of a mod other than the people making it. If they listen to your suggestions then great if not, well move on...

Unfortunately this seems to be the case in the BIS DLC thread (with certain posts) as much as here...

Don't have experience of how bug Wardak is but the other map is certainly "ARMA2 sized"

I'm pretty sure the map(s) will be normal or half the stock Arma size.

All I want to say is good luck guys and thanks for all the effort(like the sound recording...) you make for this mod, looking forward to this. :)

To be honest, while I understand why many people think they won't play PR (be it for justified or non-justified reasons), I really don't understand why people are so afraid of PR. If you don't like it, don't play it, and if you think a lot of people think the same as you then you'll still have plenty of PR-haters to play with, and thus have nothing to fear, no?

One thing I can suggest to the PR team is to make the assets (at least those that don't depend on PR-specific scripts/modifications) possible to use without the PR, so those who really want British forces but don't want to play PR could still use them. More people happy, less people pissed, and probably not a whole lot of work to make it happen. Of course I won't have any problems with it if PR will only be a "1-package mod that you can't separate" - this is just a suggestion.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that the fact at the start you basically just showed off some British forces definitely threw some people off of what the true focus of the mod is, and to be honest even made be a bit suspicious about how good this is going to be. Though now I see my suspicions weren't justified, considering you did recently mention that 90% of your work goes into the gameplay, but that wasn't how you initially came off.

Edited by galzohar

I have to say, im interested in this mod. Mainly as I enjoy PvP, and in often works better online with random people than Co-op (not saying public co-op doesn't always work but...).

Anyhow, there is one post made that annoyed me, and whilst I can't be bothered quote it it was the one along the lines of 'The most military experience people on these forums have is playing Airsoft'.

Whilst may be in this one thread that may be the case, I can ASSURE you that that really is not the general case. With most of the mod teams having members or 'advisors' who are serving or ex forces, plus there being many many other players whom also have served in one form or another. For instance I know both VCB and MAG have members who have activly served and are both well respected members of their communities, as in the case with alot of other groups.

My crystal ball says that the PR maps will include life-sized maps of all the major armed conflicts of the world - Afghanistan, Israel, Detroit.....

;)

Of course, my crystal ball doesn't seem to work as well as some other people's around here.... :D

Like I said and requested - release ingame footage and perhaps a small demo/preview version. Let people judge on their own not only by advertisments/CGI's/teasers, trailers and fan(atic) praisings. ;)

Do you guys ( Darkhorse , Gnat , Big mac) go into threads about, say... An addon for Rangers and go "nope, make it about seals or this addon sucks" because that is exactly what you are doing now and it makes no sense.

You dont read. You keep throwing my name into these generalizations so you can at least continue to build and hype a case against the "hordes" of ArmA rednecks who are anti-PR.

Drop me from your line-up of "the usual suspects", continuing to use my name only hurts your credibility.

Gnat;1722662']You dont read. You keep throwing my name into these generalizations so you can at least continue to build and hype a case against the "hordes" of ArmA rednecks who are anti-PR.

Drop me from your line-up of "the usual suspects"' date=' continuing to use my name only hurts your credibility.[/quote']

continuing to use my name only hurts your credibility.

No comment

Gnat;1722662']You dont read. You keep throwing my name into these generalizations so you can at least continue to build and hype a case against the "hordes" of ArmA rednecks who are anti-PR.

Drop me from your line-up of "the usual suspects"' date=' continuing to use my name only hurts your credibility.[/quote']

Having reviewed your posts again, i did use your name incorrectly. Apologies. Statement still stands for darkhorse and big mac tho

Listen to what I have to say:

I have really no idea if PR for OA will suck or rock. I hope last.

Since the most don't have played PR:OA yet, please stop this fanboy like attitude how perfect it will be. (On a German Arma 2 Forum 2-3 Peoples are trolling with PRM - and I can see this all over the internet)

AND stop complaining how bad PR:OA will be, you can't know this too.

Personally I hate Coop, CTI, Warfare, Domi...

I play only AAS and like it. This mod is for PvP Players which I like.

All I do is waiting for the Release and after some hours I decide to play it or it goes into my bin.

Statement still stands for darkhorse and big mac tho
Darkhorse and myself have gone out of our way to praise PR on it work when it comes to the mod itself, we just don't like your attitude. While you and others have nothing but rude and making board generalizations about this Darkhorse,myself, and this community. Further discussion on this would be about as useful as if I were to try and teach a special needs kid algebra. I'm done if you're done. Edited by Big Mac