Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Anyhow, there is one post made that annoyed me, and whilst I can't be bothered quote it it was the one along the lines of 'The most military experience people on these forums have is playing Airsoft'.

See, now you're just reading things the way you want to read them and not the way they were said. He said that most of the people on these forums don't have real experience and at most have extremely limited airsoft experience. That doesn't show any disrespect for the few that do have real military experience, as he did say "most" and not "all". Unless you have millitary experience and he told you that you don't, then you really have nothing to complain about.

It repeatedly amazes me how people read things the way they want to read it and not the way it is actually written.

Listen to what I have to say: blabla bla bla bla bla............ please stop this fanboy like attitude how perfect it will be.....bla bla

oh my god. Please stop insulting people who are interested in this mod and are hoping the best for arma2 they done for BF2. Its normal to be happy about a coming mod, but it is very pathological to be angry about this happy people and want to teach them how to be happy in a correct manner and spam it again and again.

Edited by JumpingHubert

Darkhorse and myself have gone out of our way to praise PR on it work when it comes to the mod itself, we just don't like your attitude. While you and others have nothing but rude and making board generalizations about this Darkhorse,myself, and this community. Further discussion on this would be about as useful as if I were to try and teach a special needs kid algebra. I'm done if you're done.

yes im done with discussing with you in particular.

Edited by gazzthompson

Come on guys, can't we keep this civil and take the personal stuff to PM before the thread is closed again?

Darkhorse and myself have gone out of our way to praise PR on it work when it comes to the mod itself, we just don't like your attitude. While you and others have nothing but rude and making board generalizations about this Darkhorse,myself, and this community.

Not this community, only you.

You want coop and cti from a pvp mod, you complain unnecessary things.

I bet you never played pr gameplay, because if you played it you would know how it goes.

Im part of both communities and i know both sides of pvp gameplay, and if they manage to convert bf2 pr gameplay and teamwork into arma2 without those limits that the bf2 engine brings aside then this will be a huge step forward for the arma community.

And specially for you and other coop and cti only lovers:

- you can build your own coop and cti missions with the pr units for sure

But the mod itselfs adresses only the pvp aspect and adds new units and islands for that, which should be accessible for all later in the editor.

I played ass in arma and it sucks they way it is at the moment, because its like the vanilla bf2 ass:

- rambo friendly (single usable vehicles)

- no forced teamwork (you can work as team but you dont have to)

- no basebuilding

- no chain off command

- no supply chains

- only fighting

just booring

here just a random youtube vid with the squadplay atmosphere

9RgUydCFrQM

Edited by Pain0815

Since the most don't have played PR:OA yet, please stop this fanboy like attitude how perfect it will be. (On a German Arma 2 Forum 2-3 Peoples are trolling with PRM - and I can see this all over the internet)

All I do is waiting for the Release and after some hours I decide to play it or it goes into my bin.

My last contribution to this. I agree with this, this is my main problem with PR:A2/OA/CO (whatever it's going to be called).

I am really looking forward to playing Insurgency though.

Anyway, I'll leave the argument now.

oh my god. Please stop insulting people who are interested in this mod and are hoping the best for arma2 they done for BF2. Its normal to be happy about a coming mod, but it is very pathological to be angry about this happy people and want to teach them how to be happy in a correct manner and spam it again and again.

Lol if you Quote me, Quote the whole Sentence and stop trolling (and on the other forum too)

What you have done with your wrong Quoting is changing the sense of what I said.

facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotivational-poster.jpg

Pain0815, I'm also part on this community I've been playing both Ofp and Pr since their respective release. Honestly you shouldn't feed the troll. :(

Haters gonna hate anyway, I've read this whole thread and it's exactly the same thing that happened last time. The tiny but loud minority of elitist individuals, that think they own and can dictate modding rules and on principle are also eager to spit on anything from the Bf2 world, doing what they do best.. :j:

I'm certain many people are looking forward to the Project Reality release on Arma2, and I know the Pr community enough to tell they are mature fellas, so it's all good for us...

Edited by dunedain

ohh ffs, stop the fucking PR vs Arma2 thing right now shit goes boom... just stop the argueing all together, will not solve a fucking thing... each team to their god damn corners and stay there...

@sommergemüse

many thanks for your XXL facepalm. Its a good example not quoting you in a whole. *reported*

edit: you was warned in the other forum you are registered by a moderator for trolling. So whats the problem trolling here too?

Edited by JumpingHubert

Hey - I wonder when the next part of the news thing will come out?! :)

Sure hope it is soon! Maybe people will then have something of substance to talk about instead of speculation! :D

Thanks for the support dunedain and Pain0815 But lets just drop it completely now and not respond as its going nowhere. .

sommergemuese, if you could PM me a link to the people "trolling with PRM" that would be great, if they are infact members of the community then im sure they will be delt with back on the PR forums.

If any one else has questions regarding PR/PR:bf2/PR:Arma, please do ask. ill do my best to respond (NDA willing of course)

I for one am looking forward to PR especially the British units it will bring, the PvP isnt a new concept we have had since OFP, in the number of PvP leagues such as WGL or European Combat League.

But the way that PR are doing the PvP is an exciting and interesting concept and may bring a few more players to this great community, i for one am all for it, its different. And different is good, if its not your cup tea then don't download and play it, its that simple.

@sommergemüse

many thanks for your XXL facepalm. Its a good example not quoting you in a whole. *reported*

I think we can get best friends :j: ... just PM me for more of your problems with me have nothing to do with this Mod.#

Edit to your Edit: Yes I can Report your crap here too. This has nothing to do with this Topic as said PM me

Thanks for the support dunedain and Pain0815 But lets just drop it completely now and not respond as its going nowhere. .

sommergemuese, if you could PM me a link to the people "trolling with PRM" that would be great, if they are infact members of the community then im sure they will be delt with back on the PR forums.

If any one else has questions regarding PR/PR:bf2/PR:Arma, please do ask. ill do my best to respond (NDA willing of course)

PM'nd you

And now I dont talk anymore about this whining, trolling, hate

Only about PR:OA

Edited by sommergemuese

Only about PR:OA

Yes. Apparently it's like Marmite. Either you love it, or you hate it... ;)

Not this community, only you.
Honestly you shouldn't feed the troll.

I love how just because I've given constructive criticism and then was met with rude comments directed not only at me, but the community as a whole that now I'm considered a troll for refuting those comments and calling the PR team and their fanboys out on their immature behavior. Honestly if you're going to jump in on a conversation have the where with all to know what you're talking about.

I love how just because I've given constructive criticism and then was met with rude comments directed not only at me, but the community as a whole that now I'm considered a troll for refuting those comments and calling the PR team and their fanboys out on their immature behavior. Honestly if you're going to jump in on a conversation have the where with all to know what you're talking about.

Not to sound rude or anything, but quite frankly: shut up already.

Abs

My crystal ball says that the PR maps will include life-sized maps of all the major armed conflicts of the world - Afghanistan, Israel, Detroit.....

;)

Of course, my crystal ball doesn't seem to work as well as some other people's around here.... :D

Lol!! Detroit! ;) ...Phoenix...

What i want from pr arma:

- lower fuel amount for vehicles to make sure that choppers and plains have a limited operation area/time without supplies and support from other plyers

- better logistic part for supplies, fuel and ammo

- bigger firebases and possibilities to build squad defenses

- ingame radio like acre

- restricted playerclasses (rifleman atomatic rifle, light at and so on) with restricted weaponpool for those classes (medic has acces to all assaultrifles without grenade launcher, grenadier has acces to all ri9fles with launcher, machinegunner can select all mgs etc etc...)

- like in pr bf2, special soldier classes are only accesable if the squad reaches a specifig strenght (sniper, heavy at, engineer with 2+ members and grenadier, automatic rifle, medic, marksman with 4+ squadmembers)

- soldier classes resricted to 1 or 2 per squad and overall 1 or 2 per side to some loadouts like sniper

- only crewmans and pilots can operate vehicles. and they only have acces to self defense weapons (mp5, pistols, m4 ironsight)

- the need for real crews (no one man tanks and choppers)

- diffrent equipable parachutes like in ACE 2, no jumping out air assets without the correct chute

- the need for 2 or more persons to get things done like build stuff and cap areas

- instead of big flag radius there should be a few points of intrest in an area which need to be controlled to get the area under your control

+ MUCH MUCH other teamwork forcing elements

Feel free to PM me with examples of "calling out" the PR team and their "fanboys". But it would seem everyone has gotten bored of the insults and stopped now, i request you do the same.

Feel free to PM me with examples of "calling out" the PR team and their "fanboys". But it would seem everyone has gotten bored of the insults and stopped now, i request you do the same.
I shouldn't have to it's all this thread. Read it.

What i want from pr arma:

- lower fuel amount for vehicles to make sure that choppers and plains have a limited operation area/time without supplies and support from other plyers

- better logistic part for supplies, fuel and ammo

- bigger firebases and possibilities to build squad defenses

- ingame radio like acre

- restricted playerclasses (rifleman atomatic rifle, light at and so on) with restricted weaponpool for those classes (medic has acces to all assaultrifles without grenade launcher, grenadier has acces to all ri9fles with launcher, machinegunner can select all mgs etc etc...)

- like in pr bf2, special soldier classes are only accesable if the squad reaches a specifig strenght (sniper, heavy at, engineer with 2+ members and grenadier, automatic rifle, medic, marksman with 4+ squadmembers)

- soldier classes resricted to 1 or 2 per squad and overall 1 or 2 per side to some loadouts like sniper

- only crewmans and pilots can operate vehicles. and they only have acces to self defense weapons (mp5, pistols, m4 ironsight)

- the need for real crews (no one man tanks and choppers)

- diffrent equipable parachutes like in ACE 2, no jumping out air assets without the correct chute

- the need for 2 or more persons to get things done like build stuff and cap areas

- instead of big flag radius there should be a few points of intrest in an area which need to be controlled to get the area under your control

+ MUCH MUCH other teamwork forcing elements

No need to worry on some of those...I think..lol;)

Wow, another death spiraling PR thread.....I'm hardly surprised. :mad:

Kudos to the PR team for working up a sweet looking mod and continuing to post info here about it even though they immediately get hammered by every small minded ARMA fanboy who thinks their opinion matters.

Look, it's simple. The PR team wants to build a mod; they are entitled to build it any way they want, they can release it any way they want. I don't see this sort of BS with anyone elses mods, why theirs? They have just as solid credentials as any other mod team in the community. It's their mod, get over it. Play it, don't play it, it's your choice and ARMA has plenty of choices.

I for one can't wait, and I think it'll fill a niche for great PvP and bring more players over to ARMA.

Geeze, it's just a game guys.......

*edit* I did have a legit question. How are spawns/respawns handled in PR?