What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I tried that too, actually. I didn't test too extensively, but I verified that the M249 was in both packs, saw that it had a vanilla sound, and reverted back to the normal JSRS.

I have a config error LJH, ArmA says it cannot find jsrs_m230 when I join games. I can still play and so on, thought I should let you know

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

jsrs_m230

Edited by Bigpickle

I have a config error LJH, ArmA says it cannot find jsrs_m230 when I join games. I can still play and so on, thought I should let you know.

Yup, me too. DLed 1.0, then patch 1.1. and patch 1.2.

Also: i put all pbo's in 1 DIR and noticed i was asked to overwrite something 2 times.

Ok, that is really god. The last Video (I only saw the first seconds, take a look on that later) seems to show how unrealistic Arma is^^ Even when it seems to be an Sim, its not like this horrible RL footage. Also I can see how far away Im with my sounds from the RL. Wow Mates, I really should think about an new DLC..

Thanks for posting this! ;)

Jarhead

How could ArmA2 be realistic...in the end its just a game. ;)

But with your sounds its so much more immersive, and thats why i love your soundmod ! :)

Hey, and what about the weapons from the BAF DLC, will you do new sounds for them too ?

. The last Video (I only saw the first seconds, take a look on that later) seems to show how unrealistic Arma is^^

Dunno, mate, I've been playing games for like 25 or so years, and I've had the exact opposite feeling after this video: Yes, ARMA, and JSRS are sooo close that this combo can truly recreate the atmospere of those vids. And you shouldn't expect more from a game.

Also I can see how far away Im with my sounds from the RL.

Actually, what I got from that video is how close you are to recreating the sounds of war. This is just a game and you'll never recreate it exactly... but your doing a damn good job of getting it close. I have never heard a video game sound better than with your sounds, other than maybe BFBC2 (but maybe that's just because I like loud noises)

thank you it's a great mod, however I have a problem I can not hear the sounds of uh1h, y, and the CH-47 and I had the 1RC install patch 1.0 to 1.1 and 1.1 to 1.2

First of all: Download JSRS RC1.0! Than install the Patch 1.1... you open the patch and overwrite just the existing JSRS-* Folders! Than you install the Patch 1.2 the same way! So now you have an full updated JSRS without any DLC's. Now you install an DLC (WC for example) and overwrite just the existing JSRS-W folder! Thats it... You do that this way with all DLC's...

Before we going into this deep sound-effects-making thing, I mean: Its not possible to create a SM that sounds like RL, of course. But I don't want to talk about that. JSRS is close to the status where I can say: DONE! Jobs done, nice work, was fun, but now I gonna leave this an focus on other things. So now I want to do something else. I can make extreme loud sounds, unbelievable long with echos and reverbs and so on, we know that. I can make them fit to every Landscape your moving on, can make them for 1st and 3rd person perspective. But the game wont let me do that. So I did what I can so far. Reworked some of the sounds thousand time just because some of you told me too. So now I fixed nearly all bugs, added more and more stuff to the mod. But for all this, I was trying to hold the "Style" of JSRS.

So, now where I can say JSRS is in an good, final status, I want to focus on an new style, covering more different "tastes" and want to become an competitor to all the other SM's^^ (joking, we all work together!) So, now I going to make an YT DLC... hey, if you don't like it, you wont have to use it :) That's the kindness of the modularity of JSRS. More DLC's brings more different SM's because everyone can mixing the SM like he wants to and no game sounds like the other... but its all JSRS. Well, JSRS is good like it is. Or did you mean I have to rework "any" Sounds? So tell me! MLRS need to be louder and the explosion should be catastrophically loud I guess? Well, with this technic, I guess it would not be possible to get any louder sound out of this game. Just think about the Soniccracks, how loud they are. Its close to be "too loud". But realistic (not again this part^^).

So, I guess I should wait a bit longer with any decisions about the whereabouts of this mod. Or any new DLC. I just go and work around a little bit and mixing some sounds, maybe I get an better Idea then this YT DLC^^

We'll see.

Thanks so far!

Jarhead

Keep the goods going, very nice work. You hit the spot on this sound mod all around, cant wait to see what you got going for the BAF DLC.

I think the YT sound DLC is a realy good idea and makes the mod much interesting for people they like more "realistic" sounds.

Nice idea Lord !!

MLRS need to be louder and the explosion should be catastrophically loud I guess?

Everything's relative. Make it as loud as the GBU-12, or something.

)rStrangelove;1811542']
I have a config error LJH' date=' ArmA says it cannot find jsrs_m230 when I join games. I can still play and so on, thought I should let you know.[/quote']

Yup, me too. DLed 1.0, then patch 1.1. and patch 1.2.

Also: i put all pbo's in 1 DIR and noticed i was asked to overwrite something 2 times.

I am getting the same error here's the exact line in my arma2oaserver.rpt file

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
jsrs_m230

Obviously it happens on every map using an AH64D and it wont let me connect to my own arma2oaserver.exe :(

I am getting these messages too

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a3.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a4.wss'

I'm using WoodyClear DLC if it can help.

Also is there any chance you could tone done the very high pitched sound a little bit when rolling with a M1 & MLRS when outside (inside is ok)? I think the previous one was much better, the idle sound is great though.

Hopefully this can help you a little

Thanks

[best Quality Sonic Crack *1st. Pistol, 2nd. AK47*]

This sonic crack is right beside of the bullet hit location. You will probably like this :D

Hey, great addon first of all, I cant play without it. but just wondering are you planning to come out with the BAF sounds too?

[best Quality Sonic Crack *1st. Pistol, 2nd. AK47*]

This sonic crack is right beside of the bullet hit location. You will probably like this :D

Yeah, that's a good video. But please don't make the echoes so long and drawn out. They were bouncing around a tiny valley and amplified by the camera, no doubt. It's got to sound right in any space.

Edit: I didn't realize that the latest patch reworked the sonic snaps. The nearby snaps just sound better and better. I love them.

The new distant snap that plays with 5.54x39mm rounds is not good at all, in my opinion. It sounds like a fuzzy gunshot that can't really be related to the loud crack of close misses. I couldn't identify it all until I tested to see what this strange noise was.

If you do choose to make new sounds inspired by videos, I hope you will make new distant sonic snaps available to all packs. And don't forget to make them scale in volume, and get quieter with distance, as the BIS originals do.

Edited by maturin

the A-10 engine sound are too loud, GAU-8 is much impossible to hear

2x A-10 fly bys at the final part

pE-NLgBjhrM

A-10 GAU-8 Sounded real clear during fly past

YwC0irAbYdk

Yeah, that's a good video. But please don't make the echoes so long and drawn out. They were bouncing around a tiny valley and amplified by the camera, no doubt. It's got to sound right in any space.

Edit: I didn't realize that the latest patch reworked the sonic snaps. The nearby snaps just sound better and better. I love them.

The new distant snap that plays with 5.54x39mm rounds is not good at all, in my opinion. It sounds like a fuzzy gunshot that can't really be related to the loud crack of close misses. I couldn't identify it all until I tested to see what this strange noise was.

If you do choose to make new sounds inspired by videos, I hope you will make new distant sonic snaps available to all packs. And don't forget to make them scale in volume, and get quieter with distance, as the BIS originals do.

Ah, well try the new ACEX_Sound Mod... I think its a little bit better, but thats just me lo

I am getting the same error here's the exact line in my arma2oaserver.rpt file

jsrs_m230

Obviously it happens on every map using an AH64D and it wont let me connect to my own arma2oaserver.exe :(

I am getting these messages too

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a3.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m240\m240_a4.wss'

I'm using WoodyClear DLC if it can help.

Also is there any chance you could tone done the very high pitched sound a little bit when rolling with a M1 & MLRS when outside (inside is ok)? I think the previous one was much better, the idle sound is great though.

Hopefully this can help you a little

Thanks

Same for me :confused:

Seems like the UH-60M sound isn't working for me... MH-60S is fine though.

Ah, well try the new ACEX_Sound Mod... I think its a little bit better, but thats just me lo

I feel no fear using the ACE soundmod.