What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

@LordJarHead,

----About the missing XM8 sound, cause most people now use the 1.56 pathes or PMC DLC, so just add the Value "CAWeapons_pmc" into the "RequireAddons" Parametr, then it will works fine.

Thanks Mate. Doing that now ;)

omg, my radiochatter is missing aaaaaaahhhhh...only kidding hehehe just take your time as darkeclip already said!!

again, thanks 4 your work and time that you put into this mod m8

keep up the good work soldier and...in rock and mods we trust

nice weekend @ll

ps: where the hell did u say is the new donation button or link?!?!

pps: in v0.99B i noticed, that i hardly could hear the radiochatter in ground and air vehicles cause of its "low volume". any chance of tuning that up a bit more!? or could it be possible that everyone sets his on volume in a *.hpp or *.sqf file in userconfig like in GL4 for example!? that would be more than sweet.

over and out

Hi,

I guess I cannot change the volume from the radio-voices, you have to do that by your own with the options menu/Audio. What I can do is to change the volume of the radio-noises. The background noises, the Beep and so on.

Gonna bring some more errors together and than coms the new patch.

Jarhead

Dont know if anyone mentioned it, and it might have been the latest beta, but i briefly tested a M1A2 and the tracks plus whine was there but no actual engine sound (CO).

Maybe something to check.

BTW love the track rattling on hard turns. Dont know how you did that, but its the best thing ever. ;) Thanks LJ.

Hi,

I guess I cannot change the volume from the radio-voices, you have to do that by your own with the options menu/Audio. What I can do is to change the volume of the radio-noises. The background noises, the Beep and so on.

Gonna bring some more errors together and than coms the new patch.

Jarhead

ah, ok, your the architect, sir. thx 4 the info. i'm just fiddling around and "playing frankenstein" with the radiochatter of the elias soundmod for oa and the one of group link 4 special fx edition that i like the most and if there is a donation possibility, once i see no link, to atleast sponser u a night at the movies with a lil pizza and a bear as a little thank you for your work, just let me know in a pm! :cool:

over and out

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Now.. Im not easy to impress when it comes to sound-mods.. But this is the best soundmod for Arma2 so far! I love it, and I think its even better than ACEX_SM, which I also like alot! I had to disable the @enviroment part though, as my work (a northern european map) doesnt get along with tropical/southern hemisphere bird sounds. Well, sucks to be me in this case. ^_^

Thank you for the great work!

Very nice work as usual!

Just one quick question LordJarhead,

if I apply the patch and I previously had one of the DLCs enabled (let's say WoodyClear pack which I love) what will it do?

Will I have the "default" JSRS sounds again, or will I still have the ones from the WoodyClear pack?

Thanks!

@DampetDK:

Well I've given him the receipt for how to support multi islands wrt environment; the new ones, the old ones (as defaultworld) and also a custom island. There may be other, even better, ways of doing it, but it works wonders for me. The basic idea is some sort of template form based on commented (or not) includes; ambient loops (wind, sea, rain), sound effects (tree squeaks, sand, rockslides), and animals (woodpecker, wolf, snakes). Makes it easy to write up what you want included for any new island. Is it inland like Takistan? Activate lakes and deactivate sea. Jungle or woodland based? Simply choose the appropriate animals for that setting. Now, mine isn't really modular, but I think someone with experience should be able to make that happen.

I don't know, just an idea. Might not be worth following at all. I'll just do it anyways for my own amusement :p

Very nice work as usual!

Just one quick question LordJarhead,

if I apply the patch and I previously had one of the DLCs enabled (let's say WoodyClear pack which I love) what will it do?

Will I have the "default" JSRS sounds again, or will I still have the ones from the WoodyClear pack?

Thanks!

No, the Patch will just fix the configs of most handheld weapons, but not the sounds. You can use the patch without loosing the WC-DLC Sounds ;)

To all those who say "thank you":

I have to thank you. Without your loyalty, your confidence and your patience the mod would not what it is today. Without you, I would never do as much work! Without you, it would not make sense! Without you, the work would be just for me. Only for one person. But that large number of downloads and the incredible feedback shows me, that this mod is yours! And no amount of money could be more motivating than your feedback!

Thank you!

Just wanted to chime in with my support. You can definitely see a lot of thought and heart was put into this project. Between quality and shear amount of what it includes (plus it's modularity), it's certainly fun to use and experience!

I have to also chime in and say I LOVE the coaxial m240 sound!

I was also a bit curious seeing that you have put together DLC's for your sound mod (which was a really interesting idea! :o ). I was wondering in the future after bugs are generally sorted out and such, if there will be a DLC that have no trail-offs or very minimal trail-offs for rifles? This way even with mixing with other sounds that don't have any it sorta melds together more sort of thing? Hopefully you get what I mean, hehe.

Anyways, keep up the great work mate. You are doing an awesome job! :)

-John

HiFi FX Team Member

Well, I guess you mean the Echos? Reverbs on the rifles? So , I wanted to make an SM that is going the way like VOP with the sound... short and simple... maybe an new DLC will come with that... :)

Jarhead

So, is there someone good with configs and such? I need much configs for the rest of the weapons and vehicles so I can just put the sounds in it. Is there any interest?

I would need configs for following things:

Konkurs 9M113 "Rocket"

Tunguska 9M113 "Rocket"

2A38 Shilka "AA Gun"

9M117M1 Arkan "Rocket"

KPVT "Mgun"

BRDM 2 "engine"

BTR 40/60/90 "engine"

19M ReflexRocket "Rocket"

AGS 17 "GL"

M113 "engine"

Zis-S-53 "T34 Cannon

T34 "engine"

UAZ "engine"

URAL "engine"

Vodnik "engine"

UH1H/M "engine"

A2P-23 "AA Tunguska"

HMMVEE "engine"

this should be good so far :)))

I remember someone with the knowhow offering to help a bunch of pages back. Send him a PM.

I guess I know who you mean.. but I have my Guy already :yay: I guess we can to that so there will be no more BIS Sound in this game some day :)

Jarhead

so there will be no more BIS Sound in this game some day :)

Thats what keeps me going every day:).

Keep reverbs. As 95% of the game time are being spent in the open areas it's much better than a sterile BIS sound.

Keep reverbs. As 95% of the game time are being spent in the open areas it's much better than a sterile BIS sound.

I completely agree, the WoodyClear pack is just so much more realistic compared to what we can hear in most other FPSs (including ARMA2 with default sounds).

Do we still need to remove the Stryker.pbo ?

Thanks for all you're work LJ :)

I never said for him to ditch the reverb. If you both would re-read my posting, I was asking about having a separate pack way, way far into the future to allow a bit more mixing with other sound mods that may not have it--i.e. "Hifi" for example. This way some rifles from one pack that don't sound weird being paired with some that do. Not to mention if Tpm's sound system that adds it already according to area-type [i.e. mountains, forests, urban, buildings, etc] ever does someday get a nice update for OA, it'll really go nicely.

It would be foolish for him to just yank them in another update. It's one thing if it's a separate pack down the line for those that may want it. Either way, the choice is his, of course. It was merely a question out of curiosity. ;)

Do we still need to remove the Stryker.pbo ?

Thanks for all you're work LJ :)

Yes. 5char

Yes. 5char

No, with the new Patch it will not appear anymore and should work fine.

Jarhead

@ LordJarhead

Do you plan to do some sounds for the BAF stuff too ?

No, with the new Patch it will not appear anymore and should work fine.

Jarhead

Wait, the new patch is out?

No, with 1.1 I mean its fixed... or have some of you still the same error?

Great work LJ, I have to confess I had a few doubts when some of the 'same old' errors began to be reported for 1.0 but 1.1 is definitely your most well-rounded release yet. Thank you.