What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Great work LJ, I have to confess I had a few doubts when some of the 'same old' errors began to be reported for 1.0 but 1.1 is definitely your most well-rounded release yet. Thank you.

Thanks so much ;)

Jarhead, you told us to delete the 1.0 RC Stryker files because the had problems. So I deleted both files. But apparently the problem was only in one of them, because 1.1 patch only gave us one file back. As a result, I did not have complete files for the Stryker and there was no engine sound. Make sure to include all the necessary files in the next patch in case this happened to anyone else. For a minute I thought they were still broken.

Stryker sounds great, though. I like how you can hear the engine in your mod. Better than the bland stuff in other replacements.

Also, I don't understand how to use Woodclear. I replaced the JSRS-W folder with the DLC version, but all my sounds are now BI vanilla.

Edited by maturin

In the DLC has no Configs included!!! And Im sure there is NO stryker_e! Files... oO

Sure we talk about JSRS here?

Jarhead

Best sounds mod ever!!!! well done jarhead! :)

I found a great video for distant enemy crackling fire >

fast forward to 0:44

nEcjd16dBag

maybe you could include these in future release?

In the DLC has no Configs included!!! And Im sure there is NO stryker_e! Files... oO

Sure we talk about JSRS here?

Jarhead

Mystery solved, I think. See my edit. :D

But I haven't gotten Woodyclear pack to work. I have tried using the Woodyclear folder alone, as well as adding (Move and Replace) the Woodlyclear folder to the existing JSRS-W folder.

While testing the awesome T-90 engine sounds I noticed that the commander's Kord MG has a BI sound. I think it is just an updated DsKhm.

Best sounds mod ever!!!! well done jarhead! :)

I found a great video for distant enemy crackling fire >

I confess, I adore the clack, clack, pop sound at 1:15 of that video. JRSR sonic snaps make you hit the deck like nothing else, but the distant ones aren't quite as realistic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEaDCp7w

This video has a lot of fire going rather far over the soldiers' heads because those Iraqis were terrible shots. (Tell that to the guy who got hit in the leg)

Listen to the whole thing if you can, but there's a good example at 1:00 to 1:05, as well as in the last 20 seconds.

Edited by maturin

Mystery solved, I think. See my edit. :D

But I haven't gotten Woodyclear pack to work. I have tried using the Woodyclear folder alone, as well as adding (Move and Replace) the Woodlyclear folder to the existing JSRS-W folder.

While testing the awesome T-90 engine sounds I noticed that the commander's Kord MG has a BI sound. I think it is just an updated DsKhm.

I confess, I adore the clack, clack, pop sound at 1:15 of that video. JRSR sonic snaps make you hit the deck like nothing else, but the distant ones aren't quite as realistic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEaDCp7w

This video has a lot of fire going rather far over the soldiers' heads because those Iraqis were terrible shots. (Tell that to the guy who got hit in the leg)

Listen to the whole thing if you can, but there's a good example at 1:00 to 1:05, as well as in the last 20 seconds.

Hi, yah now you dont have to delete anything anymore, I promise. The problem is, I could bring you, when changing something, the whole thing, means the sound + config! But the config is only some KB's big while the sound several MB's! Means: Every patch would be bigger than it really had too. So I want to keep the Patches as small as it could get, so I nearly helpless while only changing configs, and not doing my fav, new Sounds!^^ Its kind of tricky to find the right way between "important" and "Extra new Stuff". If you get my Point. So I dont wanted to put all the STRYKER sounds to the patch again, and yah, I really should tell you next time about deleted things to "re-delete" them^^

But there will no files to be deleted anymore. So the Video-Link don't work on my side, YT said wrong Video-ID... dont know what does that mean...

But please, if you have anymore Videos of soniccracks and far away shootout, post THEM!-> Got it, thanks! It would be nice to work on something else than this stupid vehicles all the Time (try to find an sound for the URAL^^)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Awesome! And my complete ignorance about sound modding aside, it must be easier to create a *pop* than a looping, textured, complex engine noise for obscure vehicles.

A couple...

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds_pmc\weapons_pmc\shotgun\shotgun_patrona_dirt_5.wss'

Yay, doesn't appear to be yours at least :)

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_2a14\2a14-s2.wss'

And, uhm, yeah, with several hours playtime (not all that much vehicles around though), that was pretty much the only one in a few instances.

That's an awesome improvement wrt .rpt entries. Now I just wish my 67777 lines of own mission mistakes would go away just as smoothly :D

A couple...

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds_pmc\weapons_pmc\shotgun\shotgun_patrona_dirt_5.wss'

Yay, doesn't appear to be yours at least :)

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_2a14\2a14-s2.wss'

And, uhm, yeah, with several hours playtime (not all that much vehicles around though), that was pretty much the only one in a few instances.

That's an awesome improvement wrt .rpt entries. Now I just wish my 67777 lines of own mission mistakes would go away just as smoothly :D

Thanks, FIXED. So I guess I can release the next patch today, huh? If there are no more errors so far, I can just fix the last ones and than keeping on making nice new Sounds, DLC's, or even the rest of the Vehicles and weapons so you will have only JSRS Soundings.

Cheers. :yay:

Jarhead

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say... YES you can release the new patch today LJ! Cheers.

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say... YES you can release the new patch today LJ! Cheers.
Yeah, agree, cheers. :cool:

The question is: Should I release the mod with all new Stuff like sounds for M270, URAL, MTVR, Abrams, C130, AN2, Exposions, Radiochatter, and so on or do you want just the important things like only the config fixes?

So this is the Changelog for everything I did so far:

Changelog

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch v1.2 12/12/2010

------------------------------------

Fixed: Environment Config

Fixed: Explosions Config

Fixed: Radiochatter Config

Fixed: 2A14 Config

Fixed: GBU12_A10 Config

Fixed: GBU12_Av8 Config

Fixed: MRLS Config

Fixed: Charge Config

Fixed: Grenade Config

Fixed: Smoke Config

Reworked: MRLS Sounds

Reworked: Abrams Sounds/Config

Reworked: Mi17 Config

Reworked: AH64 Config

Reworked: AH64E Config

Reworked: A10 Config

Reworked: Explosions Small Sounds

Reworked: Radiochatter Sounds

Added: URAL Sounds

Added: MTVR Sounds

Added: M270 Sounds

Added: UH1H Config

Added: C130J Config/Sounds

Added: C130JE Config

Added: AN2 Sounds

Added: XM8 for PMC Config

Added: Radiochatter for BAF

Jarhead

jarhead ive found another great video of bullet cracks, and distant gun fire, and this video even has bullet impact sound on wall!

Please release everything you done in the new patch today, awesome work sir! :)

bVD9boB224o

thankyou sir!!!!!

Downloading NOW! :D

btw is the video i posted any good? you want something else?

thankyou sir!!!!!

Downloading NOW! :D

btw is the video i posted any good? you want something else?

Yah, had some nice sounds on the beginning so far... If you have some more, post them ;) Thanks Mate :)

Jarhead

Yah, had some nice sounds on the beginning so far... If you have some more, post them ;) Thanks Mate :)

Jarhead

roger that! :)

but first, im must try this amazing new patch! :D

UPDATE:

Give it a good try an tell me about any issues or errors they are still there or appear new...

Jarhead

OK, We test the changes and reporting any new bugs in go .. :bye::459: thanks for the work

Deleting file.RPT for new errors in the Mods

Thanks for the update, will download immediately. :)

I've already told you how much this mod adds to my game, so now I offer a couple suggestions...

12 gauge sounds... The one thing I really would like to see changed. Ace_SM has the best sound for shotguns in my opinion. This is a video with my Mossberg 500 in the background.

xSTG88tr5Mo

AK-47 sounds close to perfection. But like the 12 gauge, an AK-47 is another sound I really like. A few other sound mods do a decent job also, but none are better than yours. This is a video with my AK-47 in the background.

SM53Un0ZlpA

Both those audio recordings were on a cell phone, so the quality might suck... just using it for comparison.

M249 and M240 I use a lot, and I think need more bass and volume. I use Marks HiFi versions of those 2 at the moment.

That's it for now. Next I'll offer some constructive feedback about pistols.

I absolutely love this mod, I appreciate the work that goes into. If someone is curious and unpbos a few sounds and see the amount of files, scripts, etc that goes into this, there heads would spin.

Thank you.