What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

LJ what are you on about? I have not even opened your .pbo's

You don't have to open pbo's up to get a look at the config files. Just start ArmA2 with the mod and dump the game's config file. The game itself reads all the mods and compiles them into memory. This is basic game functionality.

Besides, you can't own game config files. Sounds, textures, models, scripts, sure. Not configs, though.

You don't have to open pbo's up to get a look at the config files. Just start ArmA2 with the mod and dump the game's config file. The game itself reads all the mods and compiles them into memory. This is basic game functionality.

Besides, you can't own game config files. Sounds, textures, models, scripts, sure. Not configs, though.

You can if you have written them yourself.

And now all please stop that and return to the topic JSRS 1.5

Uhh, do any of you guys using J.S.R.S. with ArmA 2 beta patch? Can you guys please check if the FPS and in-room sounds are still there whenever you disembark in a car or armor? I really need to confirm this coz it seems the FPS and in-room sounds are gone whenever I start as a default gunner, commander or driver of a vehicle. This only happens by using beta patch though coz I tried without it and everything is just fine and eargasmic as ever. Let me know guys if you are experiencing the same coz I just need to confirm this. I'm using Beta Patch 101334 and I dont know if the other or the latest beta patches don't affect J.S.R.S. sounds. Thanks. :D

Edited by RJN

Uhh, do any of you guys using J.S.R.S. with ArmA 2 beta patch? Can you guys please check if the FPS and in-room sounds are still there whenever you disembark in a car or armor? I really need to confirm this coz it seems the FPS and in-room sounds are gone whenever I start as a default gunner, commander or driver of a vehicle. This only happens by using beta patch though coz I tried without it and everything is just fine and eargasmic as ever. Let me know guys if you are experiencing the same coz I just need to confirm this. I'm using Beta Patch 101334 and I dont know if the other or the latest beta patches don't affect J.S.R.S. sounds. Thanks. :D

Kind of confirmed. It happens if you place only vehicels on the map. Everything is fine if there is at least one inf soldier present. Are you using any other mods?

Kind of confirmed. It happens if you place only vehicels on the map. Everything is fine if there is at least one inf soldier present. Are you using any other mods?

I guess that's the disadvantage of using Beta. Sometimes the latest patch will break some mods or produce another set of bugs. But yeah, not much of a big deal though. I'm still happy playing and creating missions. Other mods? Well, I am using J.S.R.S. with A.C.E. and TrueMods but I guess both mods are not responsible for the missing sounds coz I tried running J.S.R.S. with Beta only, and the problem is still there. So yeah, I did some kinda of testing, like trial and error, just to see what's causing it. That's what I always do before I report some bugs or give some feedbacks you know. :D

Aye, he's right. A config is a config. I don't see how you can claim something as basic and essential as a config. That's something Apple would do. You know, put a patent on the invention of the button or something retarded like that, then expect nobody else to use/make buttons.

I guess that's the disadvantage of using Beta. Sometimes the latest patch will break some mods or produce another set of bugs. But yeah, not much of a big deal though. I'm still happy playing and creating missions. Other mods? Well, I am using J.S.R.S. with A.C.E. and TrueMods but I guess both mods are not responsible for the missing sounds coz I tried running J.S.R.S. with Beta only, and the problem is still there. So yeah, I did some kinda of testing, like trial and error, just to see what's causing it. That's what I always do before I report some bugs or give some feedbacks you know. :D

Does it happen without the Beta?

No it will not "Kill" the gun, you must copy the values from the FN-FAL into your new class.

The CWR2 Bren, for example, does not follow proper sound inheritance. That's why the CWR2 configs required Jarhead to create extra configs to override their sound entries with his files specifically. At one point, CWR2 had a weapon config that followed proper inheritance for a short period of time, but then it was patched out for some odd reason in favour of a hard-coded config.

Actually, you can change the class inheritance of a gun. It will not cause "enormous" problems, I'm not sure what you are talking about. There is no way to inherit from two completely different classes.

As for "changing the path behind beginsX", that is not going to work for what he wants unless he's enforcing the use of a particular soundmod. What's he's trying to accomplish is object-oriented inheritance of the SA-58's firing sounds. The only way to do this is to make his weapon inherit off of the SA-58 as the firing modes declared for the SA-58 are limited solely to the scope of the SA-58's base class.

Here's a very simple image showing class inheritance:

http://imageshack.us/a/img401/9172/oopk.jpg

NewClassName can access values from SA_58_EP1, Rifle, RifleCore and any other classes that RifleCore has inherited off.

FN_FAL can access values from Rifle, RifleCore and any other classes that RifleCore has inherited off.

NewClassName can't magically access values of another class that has nothing to do with itself.

I thought I'd just clear that up for everybody. I'll stop talking about this in this thread now, feel free to PM me if you disagree with my logic of Object-Oriented inheritance.

You are right. BUT I was thinking he was trying to change the superclass of an already existing "NewClassName" to a different superclass. Like changing:

class M249;

class MyM249:M249 {};

to

class M240;

class MyM249:M240 {};

and in that case, it can lead to problems. If you want your "MyM249" to inherit certain entries/values of the superclass M249 and change it to the M240, those certain entries are different as well. Like RoF or Sounds, or AI behavior. THATS what I meant. I'm not talking about creating a NEW "NewClassName", I'm talking about changing the superclass of an existing classweapon without add those values the old superclass provided. That leads to problems. Ask CWR team since they tried to do that and it was a huge pain in the ass to get it to work or even fix it (what they never did in the end, since the work was too much).

Thanks for the information.

That's what I always do before I report some bugs or give some feedbacks you know. :D

Thank you for the information. And thanks for doing that. Might be the Beta, well, we never noticed that since we always have an inf class on the field ;) We'll keep an eye on this.

Aye, he's right. A config is a config. I don't see how you can claim something as basic and essential as a config. That's something Apple would do. You know, put a patent on the invention of the button or something retarded like that, then expect nobody else to use/make buttons.

You maybe totally miss my point, or, I maybe didn't came clear enough, yeah I think thats the problem^^. What people do with those stupid files is so irrelevant, I only ask them not to do/post it here. They can do that in private or what so ever, but I damn know some people would open the files just to post here and tell me what I could do better. I don't talk to anyone personally here, its just a fact that people will rip mods apart! And there are also some super clever people out there, trying to make things "better". And start to complain about stuff that worked, but does not suite their tastes. I cant please everyone, I cant cover the thousands of other mods out there, I cant promise that everything in a constantly evolvingprocess of game development of BIS and other mods will always work out smoothly. So I just ask people to respect the work as it is! There are things that cause trouble with other mods, yes, but thats a problem I cant fix. I'm just not in the mood to change things just to take care about so many things and mods anymore. Or fix combination problems or so.

Coming home from work each day doesn't make me want to work myself into certain things lately, yes, this will change maybe, its just for now as usual around this time of year... I did that over the last 3 years and I'm tired. Seeing people complaining about my way of handling this thread, posts or user doesn't make it any better, really^^ If you don't like that, don't accept it or what ever, maybe just leave. I tried my best to give you something like this, for FREE, others wouldn't even share with their friends :)

I said already I missed his posts and I thought he was working around in our config files, and I said sry. I just ask you not to do things with our work and if people cant even accept this small request, who am I to still provide this mod any further? And sure, I know this post will also cause more trouble again, since everyone want to tell me his opinion about my fucked up way to take criticism :D "Yada yada yada"

Maybe just go with other mods then which can be rip apart with the authors permission. This is my "Kindergarten behavior" and you should accept it. If not, I don't care anymore. Leave, look for another sound mod you like and go complain there about what ever. Me and my team created something over the last few months, no one else was able to do. Even giving you the best we could offer is not enough for some. (and again, this is NOT PERSONAL! This is a fact! And I'm sick about THAT now, not about the latest posts here!)

I will end this now and wont care about this topic anymore. I said that I am sorry for my behavior, but thats the way it is. Being an idiot to some people is what others made me to be. :cool:

Ok...

Now something else, stupid but I still say it :p:

I want to thank you all for your trust in JSRS and that you made this mod so big. We had over 40.000 downloads within the last 4 weeks from our 24th Platoon file server and 58.000 downloads on Armaholic.com! :yay: The JSRS Team thanks you really much for you participation!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Does it happen without the Beta?

Nope. As what I had said in my earlier post, it runs completely fine if you are not using ArmA 2 beta. It only occurs if you run J.S.R.S. with the latest beta patch I guess. :D

Nope. As what I had said in my earlier post, it runs completely fine if you are not using ArmA 2 beta. It only occurs if you run J.S.R.S. with the latest beta patch I guess. :D

Then we have to report it in the Beta Thread.

@LJ

40000 downloads? Seriously? Thats Mind blowing.

And now consider how many people came here to report problems or that something didn´t sound right! That would be less than 0%

Wonderfull Job LJ!

Hi, I have a question.

If I will download JSRS15MOD-FULL - I don't need JSRS15MOD-CWR² CONFIG TWEAKS for CWR2 support or it's already included in full mod?

Hi, I have a question.

If I will download JSRS15MOD-FULL - I don't need JSRS15MOD-CWR² CONFIG TWEAKS for CWR2 support or it's already included in full mod?

Not included, you need to download it separate. But its only a few KBytes to download then ;)

LJ

Yes it is. If you want to play with JSRS you would have to download JSRS15MOD-FULL anyways, so you could check yourself what is in there ;) Hehe, joke.

LJ

Vehicles are too loud. Louder than gunfire engines don't make sense.

? Ever heard a tank? They are still too silent....

Am I the only one that think they're perfect?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

When tanking in an Abrams, I can't even hear my clanmates in TS and quite a bit of gunfire over that massive turbine engine. Should it be so loud that I have to take my headphones off to preserve my hearing?

Vehicles are too loud. Louder than gunfire engines don't make sense.

I think they're fine but inside vehicles is awful I can't brief or talk to anyone at all. I know in reality it'd be very hard to hear yourselves over the vehicle(especially a BMP or something of such) but in reality I can also shout... can't do that with ACRE haha, at least not as well.

Another crit/suggestion I'd have sound wise is maybe make the AKS-74u louder, the non silenced versions of course. As in reality they are VERY loud guns due to their short barrel. Not a big deal though, just thought I'd mention the idea.

Hi LJ, I made a little video for your consideration, it shows what I was saying the other day. Now don't be mad at me :), all I want is you to watch it, if the radio trails don't sound like shots to you, then disregard. I think it's the chopper sound what creates the effect.

Hi LJ, I made a little video for your consideration, it shows what I was saying the other day. Now don't be mad at me :), all I want is you to watch it, if the radio trails don't sound like shots to you, then disregard. I think it's the chopper sound what creates the effect.

Sry, but not at all. They sounds like they should. Maybe its your audio system creating another effect as well. But they sound like I created them. Short crackle click noises.

LJ

Fair enough LJ. Thanks for your time. I just wanted you to listen to it.

They sound absolutely fine. Maybe it´s something with your Audio Settings? Try to tweak your bass boost.

They sound absolutely fine. Maybe it´s something with your Audio Settings? Try to tweak your bass boost.

They sound fine. I'm watching the video at work now, with a different setup, and it's not some audio problem. The sound is fine, it's just that the chopper sound at the back conceals some parts of the "short crackle click noises", so they sound like shots being fire, for a distracted player of course. No biggie. I can live with that. An escalation of the problem would be to be really under fire while extracting, and having to evaluate the amount of fire you're under :).