What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

gotta say that one bad thing in the 1.5 is that FN FAL has been made from a scary gun into a sissy gun with its new sound :(

gotta say that one bad thing in the 1.5 is that FN FAL has been made from a scary gun into a sissy gun with its new sound :(

Um....did you even bother taking a moment and looking at the Project Zero version of the FAL that was included in the release of 1.5? I personally like it more than the original 1.5 default, so perhaps try that one. Certainly has the muscle behind the firing that ou are looking for. Past that, if it still doesn't suit your needs, make your own. :)

Kind of funny how there's talk of your mod using the FAL's and now complaints over it, lol. Um....did you even bother taking a moment and looking at the Project Zero version of the FAL that was included in the release of 1.5? I personally like it more than the original 1.5 default, so perhaps try that one. Certainly has the muscle behind the firing that ou are looking for. Past that, if it still doesn't suit your needs, make your own. :)

Well you cannot live without some criticism, we all love it <3 ((Talks about FN FAL were not about JSRS, JSRS is a 3rd party mod so yea :)))

doh doh doh, Here is my problem, since it became a sissy gun I wanted to use a sa-58 sound HOWEVER there is a little problem with JSRS preventing anything being changed when defined so in the config.cpp here is a little presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxK1cg5w2o

FN FAL - defined to use sa-58 sound, not working with JSRS for some reason it gives some weird sound.

SA-58 - How the FN FAL should sound like, w0lle told me he tested it out without JSRS and it worked without a problem. :)

EDIT: No I couldnt bother because I didnt even know there was a alternative sound for JSRS xd been living under a rock :(

EDIT2: Does anyone have any previews of "Creepy Forest" replacement?

Edited by Sakai

Nah, just thought it was funny the coincidence. :D

Like I said, check out the optional one included, you might like the "grunt" of that one more. When you say you defined it to use the SA-58, what do you mean? You replaced the .wss with the sa-58 .wss? If you mean config tweaking, we cannot help you. We don't like people going in and messing with the hard work done, especially with any configs or scripts. Sorry, but it's the right of the addon maker to hold such an opinion. If you try tweaking or redefining classes in the configs and something gets broken, please don't expect the JSRS team to chip in and help. Sorry. Perhaps if you can be more clearer what was done?

Yah maybe they should, but that would mean to create a long sound files instead of a small one since the sound is looping. So adding a "pop" noise at start would be looped as well after the certain time of file length. So I kept it that way, less trouble for me.

LJ

Oh I see. Oh hey, my last post about the smoke shell was intended for Variable by the way. xD Coz he said that there's no hiss and pop sounds when you can actually hear a "hiss" sound if you listen to it closely. :D

Nah, just thought it was funny the coincidence. :D

Like I said, check out the optional one included, you might like the "grunt" of that one more. When you say you defined it to use the SA-58, what do you mean? You replaced the .wss with the sa-58 .wss? If you mean config tweaking, we cannot help you. We don't like people going in and messing with the hard work done, especially with any configs or scripts. Sorry, but it's the right of the addon maker to hold such an opinion. If you try tweaking or redefining classes in the configs and something gets broken, please don't expect the JSRS team to chip in and help. Sorry. Perhaps if you can be more clearer what was done?

No need to make me look like a bad guy :(

begin1[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\SA58\sa58_single_1a",1.7782794,1,1300};

this is simple code that should change the fn fal sound ((just part of it want full config.cpp? :P))

yes the fn fal is not vanilla fn fal

Its not only the FN FAL, but same goes to CWR2 FN FALO and Bren which I got to use for FAC, same sound comes out when defined to use FN FAL sound since custom sound was not provided but it works normally without JSRS.

Edited by Sakai

begin1[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\SA58\sa58_single_1a",1.7782794,1,1300};

this is simple code that should change the fn fal sound ((just part of it want full config.cpp? :P))

Nope, that's not how it works.

You need to inherit off of the SA-58's class instead. You would need to do something like this:

class RifleCore;
class Rifle : RifleCore {};
class Sa58P_EP1 : Rifle 
{
class Single;
class Burst;
class FullAuto;
};

class YourWeaponClassNameHere : Sa58P_EP1
{
//Config entry
};

Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, that's not how it works.

You need to inherit off of the SA-58's class instead. You would need to do something like this:

class RifleCore;
class Rifle : RifleCore {};
class Sa58P_EP1 : Rifle 
{
class Single;
class Burst;
class FullAuto;
};

class YourWeaponClassNameHere : Sa58P_EP1
{
//Config entry
};

Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong.

Well that is completely weird than... That will kill the the gun if you want it to inherit it from FN FAL.

CWR2 Bren for example is inherited from RPK_74 but has begin1 defined from FN FAL and its not something I have edited.

Yah maybe they should, but that would mean to create a long sound files instead of a small one since the sound is looping. So adding a "pop" noise at start would be looped as well after the certain time of file length. So I kept it that way, less trouble for me.

LJ

The reason I reported it is i remembered that in 1.43 there were both pop and hiss sounds. Am I wrong?

i did a small gau 8 test

is this how it's supposed to sound like i remember the earlier version sounded better i have installed jsrs from scratch and removed the old version to avoid problems sound is at 128 samples aswell

Well you cannot live without some criticism, we all love it <3 ((Talks about FN FAL were not about JSRS, JSRS is a 3rd party mod so yea :)))

doh doh doh, Here is my problem, since it became a sissy gun I wanted to use a sa-58 sound HOWEVER there is a little problem with JSRS preventing anything being changed when defined so in the config.cpp

Oh.... man. First of all, THERE IS NO PROBLEM. The gun uses the sound I gave it, and the sound you hear in your Video is NOT JSRS. Its a third party mod or what so ever. Seriously, if you start posting "error, issue, bug" please check if it IS JSRS or not, we cant start fixing stuff when its not our work. This just causes more trouble in the end. Ok? ok, so this is not JSRS, in fact, the FAL in JSRS 1.5 sounds like it did in 1.4. I didn't really changed it.

And stop working around in our configs, there is a strict note in the readme not to do it. Still you do. Not that I dont like you or anything personal, no its not that (!!!), I know how this will ALWAYS work out in the end. "Oh Jarhead you fool, this is not working now. Oh Jarhead you idiot, I cant join servers now with my repacked pbo's. Oh yada yada yada...". Check your other mods, what ever adds this FAL weapon there and ask the author of THAT weapon what to do, they'll know. And as Yokhanan said, there are the Zero sounds to check out and when this is still not enough, some should maybe just ignore it and check the other 6000 sounds I provided, hehe ;)

By the way, you cant just change the class inhabitation of a gun. This leads to enormous problems anyways. Stop doing that. You can change the path behind the "beginsX" to locate and address another soundfile. Still, do not discuss those matters in here please. And the CWR bren weapon is a complete NEW weapon, of course it needs to be inherited from another one and the CWR team is choosing the superclass then. Whey they think the rpk is the superclass weapon, then they'll do and don't need to create new entries for their bren weapon, like RoF, Weight, accuracy or ammo type, since all those facts will be inherited from the superclass weapon, the RPK in this case. Now, IF you would change the Bren inherited superclass weapon, like from RPK to PKM, all the other facts will change too. And every weapon inheriting from the bren also and so on. Totally messed up! So dont even try^^

i did a small gau 8 test

is this how it's supposed to sound like i remember the earlier version sounded better i have installed jsrs from scratch and removed the old version to avoid problems sound is at 128 samples aswell

You are in third person and the script brings a little problem to air weapons, so they are really quiet at close ranges like this one. But further away they'll be much louder. This problem... "maybe" cant be fix as I said one page before already. It is kinda limitation because of all the work and tweaks and even the way the whole script works by now. You need to accept this for now.

Let me do some tests and we will check out those weapons for further updates, I have an idea how to work around that ;)

The reason I reported it is i remembered that in 1.43 there were both pop and hiss sounds. Am I wrong?

Hmm, not so sure. I mean I did but then I had this pop every 5 seconds. Also the pop comes already when the grenade is still in your hands because it "explodes" not after time but already within the animation.

Let me do some tests and tweaks.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

You are in third person and the script brings a little problem to air weapons, so they are really quiet at close ranges like this one. But further away they'll be much louder. This problem... "maybe" cant be fix as I said one page before already. It is kinda limitation because of all the work and tweaks and even the way the whole script works by now. You need to accept this for now.

Let me do some tests and we will check out those weapons for further updates, I have an idea how to work around that

That sounds good. I think helicopter weapons have the same problem

Hmm, not so sure. I mean I did but then I had this pop every 5 seconds. Also the pop comes already when the grenade is still in your hands because it "explodes" not after time but already within the animation.

Yeah, I remember now. In 1.43 you had it on loop, so there was a pop-hissssssssssssssssssssss-pop-hissssssssssssssss... sound. I thin it's beter to have the pop repeating than not having a pop-hiss sound at all, or way too low.

Thanks for your attention to this :)

And stop working around in our configs, there is a strict note in the readme not to do it. Still you do. Not that I dont like you or anything personal, no its not that (!!!), I know how this will ALWAYS work out in the end. "Oh Jarhead you fool, this is not working now. Oh Jarhead you idiot, I cant join servers now with my repacked pbo's. Oh yada yada yada...". Check your other mods, what ever adds this FAL weapon there and ask the author of THAT weapon what to do, they'll know. And as Yokhanan said, there are the Zero sounds to check out and when this is still not enough, some should maybe just ignore it and check the other 6000 sounds I provided, hehe ;)

LJ

Whoever said that to you has no right to demand or say those words coz' in the first place, you are giving out your mod for free. LOL. Unless they paid you with a good amount of money and you are oblige to fulfill with the said agreement. And I guess those people who demanded something from you didn't. LOL.

Uh, there's nothing wrong in giving feedbacks, suggestions or reporting bugs and problems I guess coz' that will help improve (if possible) the mod. But demanding and insulting a person just to get what they want right away is a different story. So yeah LJ, just ignore those people and just take your time. No need to rush.

Oh.... man. First of all, THERE IS NO PROBLEM. The gun uses the sound I gave it, and the sound you hear in your Video is NOT JSRS. Its a third party mod or what so ever. Seriously, if you start posting "error, issue, bug" please check if it IS JSRS or not, we cant start fixing stuff when its not our work. This just causes more trouble in the end. Ok? ok, so this is not JSRS, in fact, the FAL in JSRS 1.5 sounds like it did in 1.4. I didn't really changed it.

By the way, you cant just change the class inhabitation of a gun. This leads to enormous problems anyways. Stop doing that. You can change the path behind the "beginsX" to locate and address another soundfile. Still, do not discuss those matters in here please. And the CWR bren weapon is a complete NEW weapon, of course it needs to be inherited from another one and the CWR team is choosing the superclass then. Whey they think the rpk is the superclass weapon, then they'll do and don't need to create new entries for their bren weapon, like RoF, Weight, accuracy or ammo type, since all those facts will be inherited from the superclass weapon, the RPK in this case. Now, IF you would change the Bren inherited superclass weapon, like from RPK to PKM, all the other facts will change too. And every weapon inheriting from the bren also and so on. Totally messed up! So dont even try^^

Let me do some tests and we will check out those weapons for further updates, I have an idea how to work around that ;)

Let me do some tests and tweaks.

LJ

LJ what are you on about? I have not even opened your .pbo's this is vilas's FN FAL, config.cpp with help of w0lle who tried to fix it as well... Seriously is it that hard to read that I DID not open any .pbo's? You are throwing accusations on me that I opened your .pbo's without valid proof...

If it works without JSRS why does it not work with JSRS, that was my simple question, obviously this is not the sound of the FN FAL IS NOT FROM JSRS because its bugged with JSRS...

Please re-read really what I wrote there, I did not come here to say how the mod is shit or "it broke something" I only came here with weird bug that JSRS caused when sound was defined.

My first lines were constructive criticism, and by that time I thought you understand what that means?

Nevertheless now that I know there is Project Zero sound pack I will be using that so I do not need to change the defined sound in the vilas's fn fal.

But I have learned my lesson, do not come and report bug's or anything similar that might look like for minor people because you will be accused of doing something against the "law"

Edited by Sakai

LJ what are you on about? I have not even opened your .pbo's this is vilas's FN FAL, config.cpp with help of w0lle who tried to fix it as well... Seriously is it that hard to read that I DID not open any .pbo's?

If it works without JSRS why does it not work with JSRS, that was my simple question, obviously this is not the sound of the FN FAL IS NOT JSRS because its bugged with JSRS...

Please re-read really what I wrote there, I did not come here to say how the mod is shit or "it broke something" I only came here with weird bug that JSRS caused when sound was defined.

My first lines were constructive criticism, and by that time I thought you understand what that means?

So vilas's FAL uses vilas's sounds as well maybe, I dont know. And I make a sound mod for Arma 2, not for multiple other mods as well, I cant keep them all in sight! So some mods might not work. And sry about the open PBO's part, I might missed that part. As said, this is NOTHING personal or anything. Modder should be the only people open and editing their work when there are issues ;) Thats what I believe in.

And as said, I cant make a Soundmod working with any other mod out there, this is just too much. I cover ArmA2 and ACE, even CWR, but I dont cover anything else. Neither I keep me of work because of them ;)

So, nothing personal, I may missed a few things, ok, I apologize.

LJ

All BIS content first (expansions), then start with CBA and end with JSRS. Dont/NEVER use two soundmods the same time.

OK thanks, so ArmA II Launcher order is right and your example in the spoiler in the OP and the PDF (with Expansion at the end) is wrong it seems.

There is only one thing that kinda feels weird. When you shoot HuntIR 203 round up in the air, a loud explosion is heard (client side - only person who shot it). Is that a game issues or something to do with the mod?

Not a big issue, just asking about it.

There is only one thing that kinda feels weird. When you shoot HuntIR 203 round up in the air, a loud explosion is heard (client side - only person who shot it). Is that a game issues or something to do with the mod?

Not a big issue, just asking about it.

Yah its an issue with the mod. ACE inherited the sounds from the HE rounds or I just gave all 203 rounds explosion sounds. So I would have to address the HuntIR separate. Thanks for info.

LJ

I find it weird that when you get shot at the only thing I hear is the bullets hitting whatever is close to me, no shot, no bullet clicks etc. is there anything I can do to change this?

I find it weird that when you get shot at the only thing I hear is the bullets hitting whatever is close to me, no shot, no bullet clicks etc. is there anything I can do to change this?

Try to switch you sound system to 2 speakers instead of 5.1, it might help if you are playing in 5.1 mode in headset.

Nevertheless now that I know there is Project Zero sound pack I will be using that so I do not need to change the defined sound in the vilas's fn fal.

But I have learned my lesson, do not come and report bug's or anything similar that might look like for minor people because you will be accused of doing something against the "law"

Now you're just being silly. :j:

Firstly, skim through how many pages our thread has and after endless hours of hard work and dedication, people still disregard what we say and post utterly stupid stuff and whiney complaints about every sound, expecting things to be changed for individual tastes or people meddling in our configs. Then maybe you'll understand a bit of an addon maker's frustrations after dealing with stupid headaches on a daily/weekly basis. It sort of comes with the territory of mod-making, lol.

Secondly and more importantly, you need to learn how to clearly post all information from the beginning. We're not psychics, we have no flippin' idea what you're doing behind your computer screen. It's just as annoying as when people post in the ACE thread or else where about severe issues, bugs, crashes and expecting the teams to fix it--without clearly stating what they are using right from the start. If they did, then they would have realized it was not said-mod's fault, but another conflicting mod/addon.

Seriously, it has nothing to do with what is being posted, but how it's being posted--whether totally stupid or lacking full and vital information. Don't blame the JSRS team for your lack of information. You started with a single "the FN FAL sounds sissy". How in the world are we to get "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's using another FN Fal addon and it's using it's own sound he doesn't like!" from that? You're not Lassie, and the JSRS team isn't able to tell that little Timmy fell down the well again. We need information! :p

Again, we're not psychics. It sort of helps to give us the full run-down when posting, so it avoids unnecessary drama and whatnot. Nothing personal, just remember that not for this mod, but any other addon creator's thread you post a complaint or issue with. Without proper information, we end up flying blind. And no one likes to do that....well, unless you're Ray Charles that is! ;)

Well nevertheless if someone says the sound does not sound good, maybe as I said it, once again was not told as "this mod is shit" that was criticism not a complain!

Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something or someone in an intelligible (or articulate) way
the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.

Im not telling you to change the FN FAL sound but im criticizing it, if you really cant take criticism how far can you go? not far before you start insulting people because they criticize your work.

Secondly I was accused of opening your .pbo's without valid proof, so please do look for information before you accuse me on that and I said multiple times but no "He is opening our .pbo's"

Because its very easy to make a minor fella who is shitty in addon making look like the bad guy aint it?

Thank you.

Now lets stop the drama before the forum god's will get angry on us :)

P.S. no vilas does not use own sound's, the fn fals are inherited from bis fn fals so sounds are given from them.

Edited by Sakai

Well nevertheless if someone says the sound does not sound good, maybe as I said it, once again was not told as "this mod is shit" that was criticism not a complain!

Im not telling you to change the FN FAL sound but im criticizing it, if you really cant take criticism how far can you go? not far before you start insulting people because they criticize your work.

Secondly I was accused of opening your .pbo's without valid proof, so please do look for information before you accuse me on that and I said multiple times but no "He is opening our .pbo's"

Because its very easy to make a minor fella who is shitty in addon making look like the bad guy aint it?

Thank you.

Now lets stop the drama before the forum god's will get angry on us :)

Ok:

Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something or someone in an intelligible (or articulate) way

->

That was the way you started, no information, not really. Just assuming it's JSRS's fault without ANY kind of information about the addons you are using. And just to be honest with you, this is pretty derogatory in my opinion. And I said sry to assuming you doing what so ever with the configs, I said that too!

Since 2010 now those posts are not helping at all but still appear. And I have to tell you, some people need to be slapped in the face because when I would surrender and just work... FOR THEM... just to make them happy, the place would crawling with whiny people asking for new stuff or giving even orders to do so (really happened!). So I kinda became that... disrespectful, angry bastard over the last 2 years because of that! I know that a lot of people dont come along with that anymore. So as said, I'm sorry for assuming the wrong thing...

So, as you said, we stop here. As said, ask Vilas if he added sounds for his FAL's or if he addressed BIS soundfiles in HIS configs. The ArmA2 FAL's are fine as they always were.

Thanks,

LJ

Well that is completely weird than... That will kill the the gun if you want it to inherit it from FN FAL.

CWR2 Bren for example is inherited from RPK_74 but has begin1 defined from FN FAL and its not something I have edited.

No it will not "Kill" the gun, you must copy the values from the FN-FAL into your new class.

The CWR2 Bren, for example, does not follow proper sound inheritance. That's why the CWR2 configs required Jarhead to create extra configs to override their sound entries with his files specifically. At one point, CWR2 had a weapon config that followed proper inheritance for a short period of time, but then it was patched out for some odd reason in favour of a hard-coded config.

By the way, you cant just change the class inhabitation of a gun. This leads to enormous problems anyways. Stop doing that. You can change the path behind the "beginsX" to locate and address another soundfile.

Actually, you can change the class inheritance of a gun. It will not cause "enormous" problems, I'm not sure what you are talking about. There is no way to inherit from two completely different classes.

As for "changing the path behind beginsX", that is not going to work for what he wants unless he's enforcing the use of a particular soundmod. What's he's trying to accomplish is object-oriented inheritance of the SA-58's firing sounds. The only way to do this is to make his weapon inherit off of the SA-58 as the firing modes declared for the SA-58 are limited solely to the scope of the SA-58's base class.

Here's a very simple image showing class inheritance:

oopk.jpg

NewClassName can access values from SA_58_EP1, Rifle, RifleCore and any other classes that RifleCore has inherited off.

FN_FAL can access values from Rifle, RifleCore and any other classes that RifleCore has inherited off.

NewClassName can't magically access values of another class that has nothing to do with itself.

I thought I'd just clear that up for everybody. I'll stop talking about this in this thread now, feel free to PM me if you disagree with my logic of Object-Oriented inheritance.

Edited by GossamerSolid