What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

? Ever heard a tank? They are still too silent....

the engines are still more annoying/louder than gunshots, not good. And inside tanks you should be able to talk with your teammates, you think they are in the tanks without hearing protection?

the engines are still more annoying/louder than gunshots, not good. And inside tanks you should be able to talk with your teammates, you think they are in the tanks without hearing protection?

I agree that there should be MP configs where the vehicle interior is more silent, but please name the vehicle that is louder than a gunshot?

Hi. :D It's been awhile and I'm still loving J.S.R.S. like a boss! Just wanna ask though if the J.S.R.S. AI Talk is still going to be developed or you guys decided not to push through with it?

Love the sounds!
Hi. :D It's been awhile and I'm still loving J.S.R.S. like a boss! Just wanna ask though if the J.S.R.S. AI Talk is still going to be developed or you guys decided not to push through with it?

Thanks guys ;)

Yah the AI Talks are kinda still in the making, at least I didn't canceled them yet. Will see when I come to work on them again...

LJ

It would be nice if you upgraded ACE AI talk module while you are at it.

As in adding reverb outside based on distance. It will make all those AI shouts sound immersive, right now they are too dry.

Am I the only one noticing the bolt sound is delayed by too much after the actual shot sound? You shouldn't be able to fire another shot before the bolt locks again (as in, bolt lock sound should happen quickly enough so that it doesn't play after the 2nd shot fires...).

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70656

Am I the only one noticing the bolt sound is delayed by too much after the actual shot sound? You shouldn't be able to fire another shot before the bolt locks again (as in, bolt lock sound should happen quickly enough so that it doesn't play after the 2nd shot fires...).

It sounds completely fine on my part. Hmm, let me have a check again.

Well, I tested it and I don't really hear any delays regarding the clicking sounds.

Edited by RJN

More info please. Wich weapon has this effect?

It seems to happen with all weapons, but not always. For example with vanilla "M249", some bursts would have a delayed click (for each shot, so you can sometimes hear shot-shot-shot-click-click-click in a 3-shot burst), but some won't.

Trying some more, it seems like it's not actually delayed, but more like the sound is played multiple times (or maybe a different sound). Once at the correct time, then a couple more times with some delay.

It seems to basically never happen when standing in the airfield (and by the way, when standing in the hanger, at first I was pretty sure I was hitting the hanger itself due to how loud the echo was). Standing on roads in Zargabad it seems to happen rather often. Standing on the mosque wall in Zargabad seems to make it happen almost every shot.

Edited by galzohar

What other mods are you playing with Galzohar??

sixupdater://agamer.netai.net/idf_squad_mods.yml

It seems to happen with all weapons, but not always. For example with vanilla "M249", some bursts would have a delayed click (for each shot, so you can sometimes hear shot-shot-shot-click-click-click in a 3-shot burst), but some won't.

Trying some more, it seems like it's not actually delayed, but more like the sound is played multiple times (or maybe a different sound). Once at the correct time, then a couple more times with some delay.

It seems to basically never happen when standing in the airfield (and by the way, when standing in the hanger, at first I was pretty sure I was hitting the hanger itself due to how loud the echo was). Standing on roads in Zargabad it seems to happen rather often. Standing on the mosque wall in Zargabad seems to make it happen almost every shot.

What are you avarege FPS rates while playing? It seems your game or system is running too low to place the sounds fast enough right in time. Each shot is triggering an extra bolt sound. And when your system is too low it cant place the sounds right in time and plays is later.

LJ

Standing on a road in Takistan with 55 FPS I still get the same problem.

Also, even when it's working fine (mostly when standing on runways), it seems like open-bolt weapons such as M249 aren't taken into account when calculating the sound timing.

By the way, I verified it's not only me by listening to a friend's recording, though he does use the same mods.

First fantastic mod!!!! Second how do I properly install the updates? DO I leave the old Bikeys in there or go through all of the JSRS1.5 folders and manually remove all of the v1 files?

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Im a little confused with the readmes and installation guides for the updates,

.bikey is used only by the server to verify that clients have allowed addons

Note to the Whiners...

Would you like some cheese with that !!??

LJ;

If it can mean anything at all. I can't thank you enough for your hard work!!!

JSRS 1.4 .. was a great work!! What you, and those that have helped you, have done with JSRS 1.5 is simply put, " AMAZING!!"

If you don't like it go download VOP_Sounds or @HIFI sounds, or just use @ACEX_SM.....

End of Rant

Thank you LJ , again!

Edited by Lordprimate

^ Appropriate name is appropriate.

LJ, just something I've noticed with a couple of people I'm playing with. They're experiencing almost total sound loss when running JSRS. Vehicle sounds work but small arms do not - they cannot hear other people's weapons firing. Now I'm not saying this is a problem caused by you (I can't see why it would be), I'm just curious if you have encountered anything like this before. It is a strange one, that's for sure. Any information would be appreciated.

I have Arma 2 ad OA on Steam. When I add JSRS to the game only OA maps show up. It does not recognise that I have Arma 2 for some reason:

Steam launch parameters:

steam2b.jpg

arma2oa2013020911375792.jpg

arma2oa2013020912042732.jpg

Without JSRS running I get this:

arma2oa2013020912103420.jpg

arma2oa2013020912102921.jpg

All maps are available again.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I know mate, thats the problem. With JSRS running it only picks up OA, without it running, the game runs as CO.

Dale, you could add this in the beginning of the startup parameters (remove the square brackets): -mod=[your ArmA 2 folder path here];Expansion;ca;

Thanks for this awesome mod LJ! It's my absolute favourite, after I tried it I haven't played on server that doesn't allow it... :p

One suggestion: I'd be very happy if you added an option to change the range of the intensity of sounds in the game. It would make using VOIP like TS3 easier, when the choppers and vehicles wouldn't make too loud sounds. :)

Edited by Ezcoo

^ Appropriate name is appropriate.

LJ, just something I've noticed with a couple of people I'm playing with. They're experiencing almost total sound loss when running JSRS. Vehicle sounds work but small arms do not - they cannot hear other people's weapons firing. Now I'm not saying this is a problem caused by you (I can't see why it would be), I'm just curious if you have encountered anything like this before. It is a strange one, that's for sure. Any information would be appreciated.

Make sure they have 128 samples selected under sound in game options. Other than that, it's LJ territory.