What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

That last vid is really neat. ArmA 2 is so epic, and with the 1.5 JSRS mod it gets really immerse, with other most popular mods it gets even better:)

Can't wait for RC 1.5, the new M4 firing sound is perfect along with all the new sounds going in.

Merry Christmas

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful and lovely time with your families.

Enjoy your gifts, the feast and time with your loved ones! Again, a Merry Christmas to all of you!

I know some expected something like a release this day. But as I mentioned before, this is kinda impossible.

As we finally succeed with a little idea to prevent 90% of the overlapping problem with the distance sounds,

some new problems were born. As most of the team is by their families and enjoy the time, we wont be able to work much lately.

Here I appeal to your understanding to our certain situation. Even I have a family and I spent 80% of my spare time with this project,

now it's time, even for me, to take some rest the next few days and enjoy the Christmas Time and the new Year.

Thank you for your understanding! Merry Christmas, the third :)

LordJarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi LJ,

don't stress yourself its done when its done, enjoy the time with your family!

Merry Christmas to all!

Cheers

Crusader

Thanks for the christmas wishes!

As well going back to the topic, watching the 1.5 JSRS, for some reason I'm not kinda satisfied with AKS-74 or AK-74 sound, well for some reason as other person said, not enough punch, or maybe it is? I do not know I mean its cartridge is 5.45×39mm so maybe thats normal but what about AKM, AKS sounds? do they sound the same as AKS-74? AKM uses 7.62x39mm so I think it should have more more violent punch of sound coming out from it don't you think? :'D

AS LJ already said, AK Sunds have been changed

Oh look, here is something new. Merry Christmas to all of you :)

LJ,

This is your project. It is your spare time and your efforts. Don't set yourself under pressure. Of course all are excited to hear 1.5 improvements, but I prefer to wait a bit longer if the outcome is much better than having some half-released, semi-satisfying version. That is an option for game makers but not for the brilliant ArmA Modding scene. "When it's done" is the sentence here.

And hey guys, JSRS 1.4 isn't that bad, right? It is amazing, too and I like every single second playing with it.

Thx for your work LJ and team and may you have a nice Christmas time.

You drunk? :P

No, YT just completely ruined the Audio Track of the video I uploaded (stuttering)

Rerendered and reuploaded I present you my next video.

It is somewhat different since its main goal is to capture the feeling of the scene. That took quite some effort to create, so please tell me what you think of it.

BTW:Does anybody know how I can stop YT from ruining the video quality?

No, YT just completely ruined the Audio Track of the video I uploaded (stuttering)

Rerendered and reuploaded I present you my next video.

It is somewhat different since its main goal is to capture the feeling of the scene. That took quite some effort to create, so please tell me what you think of it.

BTW:Does anybody know how I can stop YT from ruining the video quality?

Hehe, to capture the feeling of the scene you might wanna take a longer shot. Something like showing the city first, the markets or what ever, civis running around. Then you see your guy, sneaking around corners so no one see you that fast. Then you see the humvee driving into position, soldiers getting out, kinda secure the area and lead the traffic or what ever. Then you go into position, watch on the clock, and when the time has come, you hear a loud "allah o akbar" or so and start shooting. ^^

Well, you cant stop youtube from doing that since youtube is converting the video into another smaller video format. You cant blame youtube directly, its more the format to blame here. Your video will be rendered in FLV for low resolutions, and into MP4 for higher resolutions like 1080p. Both of them are not well known for ultra quality, more for small size people/youtube users prefer. ;)

LJ

Can someone please help with this:

I uninstalled my old ArmA 2 copy and reinstalled steam version.

I downloaded JSRS 1.4 and then JSRS 1.4.3 patch. Extracted JSRS 1.4 and then patched it with the provided patch, used bridge from Optional folder (1.4.3) and added mod to my steam app parameters.

In addition to that, I have CBA installed (CBA and CBA_A2) set up and configured in parameters as well.

But, when I launch ArmA 2, enter a mission, I get a note warning from CBA that I am running OA content and to either add CBA_OA to mods or remove OA content. Even after I click continue, everything works just fine, but, after a 50 call starts shooting I get a crash to desktop.

What should I do to fix this? Note that I am trying to use JSRS with ArmA 2 only, I will install OA some other time.

For JSRS you need Arma 2 CO so install OA ASAP :) (you can try to delete sounds for OA but i dont know if this work)

Edited by tom3kb

For JSRS you need Arma 2 CO so install OA ASAP :)

Doesn't the included bridge do the fixing?

Anyway, I can't install OA at the moment as I'm working on my mission pack (Don't want to get addicted to OA again yet LOL). So I am still willing to try just A2 version of the mod (I did long ago though, but so many things changed since then)

Can someone clarify this:

It is important to set up 128 Sample in the Audio tions to prevent misfire of the sound. Also its really

important to have always an vehicle on the map. No matter what vehicle, could be an empty car,

helicopters, Jets and so on.

Also, can someone give me a list of all ArmA 2 vanilla JSRS mod content files or OA+Mods JSRS mod content files so I compile a batch app and move those files out of JSRS mod folder in order to play A2 with JSRS and restore moved content later when I install OA? (You should make something like this and add it to the mod LJ :p)

My take on JSRS:

If ArmA 2 is a grunt shot unconscious, then JSRS is a medic who beats his chest and brings him back to life.

You can always run arma2.exe and with this you will only run Arma2 without OA, so you can work on your mission pack for Arma2 (or you can work with Arma 2 CO and mission pack will be for Arma 2 CO, 99% of arma players have Arma 2 CO so i dont see big problem :)).

Problem solved.

May be useful to some:

JSRS will work on most sound cards, however, in rare occasions it may crash your game IF you have outdated sound drivers and play music on other source (other than A2, VoIP, specially if high quality audio) since other sources may eat up resources necessary to run JSRS properly.

A quick driver update and closure of the background app (Online radio in my case, full AAC3 stream) solved the problem for me.