What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

you need cba all versions with JSRS;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2

Hi thanks for the response.

I am reinstalling everything on sixupdater. They have have to be in that order on steam right?

I am trying to launch the latest JSRS through OA Beta on Steam and I get the following error messages such as

"Addon 'JSRS_2A14' requires addon 'CA_CruiseMissile'

I get this error at the main menu http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796412

I cannot get ArmA 2 logo to also show up at the main menu and does not appear in the expansions menu.,

These are my Launch options in the OA beta on steam -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -mod=@JSRS1.4

Let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

You running CO? Arma 2 PLUS Operation Arrowhead? You NEED both games! Plus all three CBA versions, CBA, CBA A2 and CBA OA. Otherwise maybe around 50% of all the stuff wont work, causes heavy problems.

LJ

You running CO? Arma 2 PLUS Operation Arrowhead? You NEED both games! Plus all three CBA versions, CBA, CBA A2 and CBA OA. Otherwise maybe around 50% of all the stuff wont work, causes heavy problems.

LJ

Hi,

I have all the games,expansions, and dlc's installed. ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta on Steam is considered CO beta.

ArmA 2

ArmA 2:BAF

ArmA 2:OA

ArmA 2:OA Beta aka CO Beta (Which I use now instead of the windows command script _runA2CO_beta)

ArmA 2:PMC

The mod is almost finished in sixupdater and I will put the mods in order that otarius-big told me to for steam.

Hi,

I have all the games,expansions, and dlc's installed. ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta on Steam is considered CO beta.

ArmA 2

ArmA 2:BAF

ArmA 2:OA

ArmA 2:OA Beta aka CO Beta (Which I use now instead of the windows command script _runA2CO_beta)

ArmA 2:PMC

The mod is almost finished in sixupdater and I will put the mods in order that otarius-big told me to for steam.

Yah but did you started the game as CO? See, the error you posted only appears when there is content of Arma 2 is missing! So thatswhy I'm asking, either you dont have Arma 2 or it was not started with OA (CO), since you said you have it, you maybe didnt started as CO.

LJ

Started with OA and still not working. this is the command line now for just the OA -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@JSRS;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2

Played on a regular arma 2 server for couple of seconds hoping it would activate something for CO.

Im still getting this error "Addon 'JSRS_2A14' requires addon 'CA_CruiseMissile' so idk what to do.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Update:

For the OA Beta Steam Launch I do not have any mods inserted and I only have this the the command line. -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash

Booted up OA Beta for Steam and I get all the ArmA 2 logos without any errors stopping me. However I have trouble loading up all the servers

Main Menu

http://i48.tinypic.com/oayjk5.jpg (291 kB)

Server highlighted that accepts JSRS but a red bubble still shows

http://i50.tinypic.com/smraf7.jpg

says that CBA not allowed on the server when JSRS needs it o.O?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eojfgj.jpg

Edited by AJackson92

Steam version I assume?

That is not CO you are running. Please inform how to combine Arma2 and OA to CO in steam. There are several ways and they are all explained in the forums.

Edit

Ok, got a nice day today:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?110197-Arma-2-Operation-arrowhead-steam-version-combined-operations

But I prefer to start it with spiritedmachines ArmAII launcher or PlaywithSix. There ArmA2 is included via Mod-String I think. Works manually as well. (Just place the FULL path to ArmA2 installtion folder to the mod string. "X://X/Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma2" or whatever

LJ, no need to rush, take your time. A released not rushed is always a good release ;)

Jackson. If you can't join servers you miss A2. You have it installed but it seems OA doesn't detect it properly.

Try this (separately from your steam parameters):

Find Extension Beta patch folder, make a shortcut to the beta OA executable and do this on the shortcut parameters:

"Drive:\location of your Steam also change both drive and this text\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe"  "-mod=Drive:\Location\of\ArmA 2;ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -skipintro -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7

Also, notice that I corrected your CBA order. CBA should always go first before any mods that depend on it as if it goes last it would be loaded last and mods first hence a possible error.

After that run the shortcut, should resolve your problem.

Steam version I assume?

That is not CO you are running. Please inform how to combine Arma2 and OA to CO in steam. There are several ways and they are all explained in the forums.

Edit

Ok, got a nice day today:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?110197-Arma-2-Operation-arrowhead-steam-version-combined-operations

But I prefer to start it with spiritedmachines ArmAII launcher or PlaywithSix. There ArmA2 is included via Mod-String I think. Works manually as well. (Just place the FULL path to ArmA2 installtion folder to the mod string. "X://X/Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma2" or whatever

Hi I have playwithsix and it already knows where my arma 2 folder and OA folder is. Do I need to add the mod command line in the startup parameters?

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

LJ, no need to rush, take your time. A released not rushed is always a good release ;)

Jackson. If you can't join servers you miss A2. You have it installed but it seems OA doesn't detect it properly.

Try this (separately from your steam parameters):

Find Extension Beta patch folder, make a shortcut to the beta OA executable and do this on the shortcut parameters:

"Drive:\location of your Steam also change both drive and this text\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe"  "-mod=Drive:\Location\of\ArmA 2;ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -skipintro -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7

Also, notice that I corrected your CBA order. CBA should always go first before any mods that depend on it as if it goes last it would be loaded last and mods first hence a possible error.

After that run the shortcut, should resolve your problem.

Hi I made the beta OA executable shortcut and inserted the last half of the code in the Target box and I get this new error. Addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' requires addon 'Arma2_Ka52'

This is what is in the target box of my shortcut properties right now

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 2;ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7

Edited by AJackson92

This is what is in the target box of my shortcut properties right now

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 2;ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7

Do you happen to have each one of those mod folders that is written in that line? Or did you just copy and paste the information Maven posted?

If not, either take out the text of the mod you don't have, or go download it. Hope that helps.

Hello everyone I am trying out the Playwithsix method instead.

It appears that I am getting a error: Key not found for signature D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS\addons\jsrs_2a14.pbo.jsrs14v2.bisign Test FAILED!

I went and looked in the JSRS folder and I do have it. I was looking in the keys thinking I didnt have it.

This is weird.

Edited by AJackson92

Do you happen to have each one of those mod folders that is written in that line? Or did you just copy and paste the information Maven posted?

If not, either take out the text of the mod you don't have, or go download it. Hope that helps.

His screenshot shows that he has PMC, BAF and ACR DLC's installed (not lite) so I assumed he wants to use them and put them up in that parameter, might be the cause of some errors though.

Hello everyone I am trying out the Playwithsix method instead.

It appears that I am getting a error: Key not found for signature D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS\addons\jsrs_2a14.pbo.jsrs14v2.bisign Test FAILED!

I went and looked in the JSRS folder and seems that I do not have that file at all.

Sounds like there's more than one problem with your game. If the shortcuts and Six Launcher/Play With SIX don't work either. you should try this:

>Verify cache integrity for A2, OA, and all DLC's.

>Get the latest CBA.

>Get latest JSRS, and use patch fixes for it (1.4 is the bigger installation, mini patches add fixes to 1.4.3)

>Properly install the mods. Since you are going to use them with CO, put your mods in OA directory (CBA ones as well). trying to launch mods via OA but for A2 will cause errors.

>Make sure A2OA/CO executable isn't interrupted by firewall or administrator privileges.

>Try to run both steam shortcut and beta one.

If that doesn't fix it for you then I don't know what's the problem.

First of all: Start ArmA2:CO with PwS. Then start the editor and look if you have every island available from ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA and BAF,PMC,ACR

Oh and don't check the "Use Steam Launcher" box in PwS. Steam and ArmA can really suck. I have the Steam version, too. But I never started it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAC9ByVHo2Y

A short video that shows how well the JSRS bullet cracks and impact sounds help keeping you suppressed. I also have some longer videos featuring JSRS 1.5, namely
and
for those interested, but I wont embed them since they are just regular operations and not exactly JSRS demonstrations.

No offence pal, but that is more the "definition of being shot down" :D

Nice vid, I think everybody here knows this situations and getting out of them alive is one great feeling :)

Can JSRS 1.5 be downloaded through playwithsix?

As soon as it is released and added to the SixUpdater space I'm sure you can. But I'm not sure when or how long it'll take the Six team to add it but I think they'll be really quick with that.

LJ

EDIT:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs/roadmap

Almost there!

Edited by LordJarhead

As soon as it is released and added to the SixUpdater space I'm sure you can. But I'm not sure when or how long it'll take the Six team to add it but I think they'll be really quick with that.

LJ

EDIT:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs/roadmap

Almost there!

Holy moly!

Only 2 bugs left !!!

:D

Any nice, high quality Scar videos you maybe know about? I'm kinda stuck with that thing, sounds terrible atm :P

LJ

Alright, there u go :p

i don't think, there can be anything better then that one :p. Crisp clean sound + nice after shot echos

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

here are some full auto shots, but the bad thing is, that reverberation, duno if it's any use for u

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

another one, vs xbox lol, actually better then provious. He is also shooting some ak here, lol they do sound the same.

I wish you all a happy new year. Well, some of you are in the new one already (how is it?) and some still have to wait, like we here. But I wish you all the best now already, come in clean and have a nice time with your families!

LJ

thx LJ, wish u all the best in N.Y. And once again, thank you for all your work on awesome mod JSRS!

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

[/color]here are some full auto shots, but the bad thing is, that reverberation, duno if it's any use for u

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

another one, vs xbox lol, actually better then provious. He is also shooting some ak here, lol they do sound the same.

Can't really say they sound the same, listen carefully and you will see difference.