What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

What is it like if there is a T-72 approaching you?

It is absolutely horrible.....

Tonci,

thanks for all the videos you provide. I have a few questions thought as you are here right now:

Do you had any trouble, any performance hits at big/giant battles, anything relating the scripts, memory leaks, stuttering sounds, any problems locating the shooter/-position? Any RPT's or what ever?

If not, I will try to get the final uploaded today, ready for a couple of tests and then ready for public. What do you say?

LJ

Tonci,

thanks for all the videos you provide. I have a few questions thought as you are here right now:

Do you had any trouble, any performance hits at big/giant battles, anything relating the scripts, memory leaks, stuttering sounds, any problems locating the shooter/-position? Any RPT's or what ever?

If not, I will try to get the final uploaded today, ready for a couple of tests and then ready for public. What do you say?

LJ

if the release of mode will be held before the new year it will be a good gift for the new year and surprise for all

if the release of mode will be held before the new year it will be a good gift for the new year and surprise for all

Yah, much of a surprise when you tell them all right now :P

LJ

Can't wait to try this out. Never used this mod before so waiting for 1.4.5 patiently..

Every second not using JSRS is a wasted ArmA second. Try out 1.4.3 now and enjoy the improvements in 1.5 (1.4.5 is never gonna make it ;) )

Every second not using JSRS is a wasted ArmA second. Try out 1.4.3 now and enjoy the improvements in 1.5 (1.4.5 is never gonna make it ;) )

Lol ok i'm convinced. That wasn't so hard was it? :P

I downloaded JSRS1.4.7z, aprx 950MB, is this the latest version or do i need patches? It's not quite clear from the first post and Armaholic.

Cheers

Lol ok i'm convinced. That wasn't so hard was it? :P

I downloaded JSRS1.4.7z, aprx 950MB, is this the latest version or do i need patches? It's not quite clear from the first post and Armaholic.

Cheers

There is a link to the 1.4.3 patch of JSRS. That'll do it. Plus CBA of course, but I assume you are into mods and installing them. Or just download it via Yoma, Armarize, Six Updater etc.

Ah i see, wasn't awake yet. I took the '7' part of the '7z' file format as version number..

JSRS1.4.7z <> 1.4.7 :P

Thanks

Ah i see, wasn't awake yet. I took the '7' part of the '7z' file format as version number..

JSRS1.4.7z <> 1.4.7 :P

Thanks

Ah, I see the confusion. ;) Have fun with that!

Hey nice gift for the new year :p i don't want to be rude with you Tonci87 , but you have all the comunity watching you and waiting your words , so make the good awnser to the LJ question (come on i help you , you need to say : No i don't see any bug or any lag :p) ahah . Anyway thanks for your video that's make the time shorter :p

I know you're just kiddin', but I hope Tonci is telling the truth. Imagine he report no problems but we all wouldn't be able to install 1.5 ;)

true and i think some bad thing come on the forum if this happen like some troll keep saying my game doesn't start or something like that :p

Tonci,

LJ

any performance hits at big/giant battles,

No (but keep in mind that I´m running a i7 @3,9 Ghz, people with much slower CPUs might have a different experience)

anything relating the scripts, memory leaks, stuttering sounds,

No

any problems locating the shooter/-position

No, thanks to my 5.1 Headset

Any RPT's or what ever?

Every Bug I or someone else in our group noticed was put on DH (there are still some open tickets :p)

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs/issues

Only issues I've found so far are when shooting the ACE_MP7 and ACE_MP7_RSAS. Getting this error:

Warning Message: Sound mp_first not found

And also in rpt (unrelated):

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_distance\distant\ags_mfb1.wss'

I'm on an older build though so may be fixed in your new builds. Thought I'd post them up because I couldn't see any tickets on DH with these errors. :)

any performance hits at big/giant battles,

No (but keep in mind that I´m running a i7 @3,9 Ghz, people with much slower CPUs might have a different experience)

anything relating the scripts, memory leaks, stuttering sounds,

No

any problems locating the shooter/-position

No, thanks to my 5.1 Headset

Any RPT's or what ever?

Every Bug I or someone else in our group noticed was put on DH (there are still some open tickets :p)

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs/issues

Most open tickets relating to ACE stuff, other things I can fairly archive somewhere next year, so those shouldn't effect the JSRS release now. Actually wanted to upload the beta update 4 today, but I was kinda surprised it takes around 75% of the whole mod, with around 600 MB or so. So I decided to first finish all the stuff, creating the RC version, send it to you and when you and my other kind beta testers wont find any bugs/issues, we going on with the release.

People, please stop posting all those "Nice gifts" suggestions. As soon as I saw New Year's Gift suggestions I kinda have the pressure on my back to get things done, and as soon as I know I cant make it to the named date, I'm depressed with all this, like I was pissed for not be able making a nice Christmas gift this year. So I tell you now, it'll be release most likely within January, yah, I'm damn sry and you hate me and so on, but thats the way it is. I cant fairly spent more time, since my day just have 24 hours, and at least 1 of those hours I need to sleep! ;)

LJ

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Only issues I've found so far are when shooting the ACE_MP7 and ACE_MP7_RSAS. Getting this error:

And also in rpt (unrelated):

I'm on an older build though so may be fixed in your new builds. Thought I'd post them up because I couldn't see any tickets on DH with these errors. :)

Blast, you running an older version still? Why didnt you told me?`Sending you the needed links! Since I know I fixed those problems.

These happen to ma as well, but only when running JSRS together with beta patch and other mods, although I can't say I'm certain it's beta causing problems.

AS LJ already said, AK Sunds have been changed

Oh look, here is something new. Merry Christmas to all of you :)

I find it strange that the sound pattern is the same. I responded on your vid too but it appears the comment is gone now.

I.e. @1:12 and @2:05

It goes:

Blam. Blam. Bla-Blam. Blam (repeat)

Same pattern repeatedly, with the same sounds.

There's no timing difference between the shells impacts. Breaks immersion imo! :)

Aehm, same pattern? Perhaps it is the same artillery battery? And what do you mean with "no timing difference"

I'm a bit confused 'bout your post.

I find it strange that the sound pattern is the same. I responded on your vid too but it appears the comment is gone now.

It goes:

There's no timing difference between the shells impacts. Breaks immersion imo! :)

I'm really not too sure about what you mean, but let explain it from my pov.

@1:12 you have the artillery firing

@2:05 it's the artillery rounds hitting the ground

So if it has the same "pattern" and same "timing" as the firing, I don't see how that could break the immersion, it's completely normal.

It goes:

I didn´t remove your comment, YT is saying that the user was removed?

yuf2bmad explained it already, the pattern of the explosions is that of the Artillery firing. If the Artillery happens to fire in a different pattern, then the explosions would have a different pattern too. More different explosion sounds would surely help to make the thing better, but do you really want LJ to make even more sounds?

I am trying to launch the latest JSRS through OA Beta on Steam and I get the following error messages such as

"Addon 'JSRS_2A14' requires addon 'CA_CruiseMissile'

I get this error at the main menu http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796412

I cannot get ArmA 2 logo to also show up at the main menu and does not appear in the expansions menu.,

These are my Launch options in the OA beta on steam -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -mod=@JSRS1.4

Let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.