What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

While we're on the subject of patches, could someone go let an SVD shoot at them on the Utes runway? Yesterday I was hearing the shot before the crack with this weapon, with a vehicle on the map. And the strange thing is, the automatic weapons had proper sound delay.

Yeah, the distance script is malfunctioning for weapons even with vehicles on the map. I was hearing PKM and FAL muzzle blasts instantly at 300m.

Yeah, the distance script is malfunctioning for weapons even with vehicles on the map. I was hearing PKM and FAL muzzle blasts instantly at 300m.

I dont want to say, your wrong... but its working great on my side, without any troubles, working great on servers, dedi servers, mp runs, coops, even in SP with AI. Maybe its something else. Do you run any other Mods?

Maybe you should wait for the new update then, since we had a lot of changes with the script, also some performance boost ;)

Jarhead

I dont want to say, your wrong... but its working great on my side, without any troubles, working great on servers, dedi servers, mp runs, coops, even in SP with AI. Maybe its something else. Do you run any other Mods?

Maybe you should wait for the new update then, since we had a lot of changes with the script, also some performance boost ;)

Jarhead

I wish I could say I was wrong.

It worked perfectly after release! And I don't think I have changed any mods. But some weird stuff has been happening with my game recently.

Edit: I just loaded CO 1.60 with no mods besides JSRS and an empty ATV on the map. No gunshot delays. Could 1.60 have broken the script?

Edited by maturin

Edit: I just loaded CO 1.60 with no mods besides JSRS and an empty ATV on the map. No gunshot delays. Could 1.60 have broken the script?

Don't forget CBA!

Did you change your audio settings to 128 Samples?

And you need CBA!

Can we have a hotfix version soon with the memory leak fix. It's just that it's a pretty important thing to have fixed as it can severely cripple your gameplay experience when the game starts choking.

Don't forget CBA!

@CBA is definitely enabled, and I have 128 samples. The script worked in the past, and now it does not. I cannot think of anything in the game that has changed. I am flummoxed.

I play also with CO. 1.60, no errors or so. Maybe reinstall JSRS, latest Update. I pretty sure its something with your game, since no one else is telling me something like that. And even I dont have this failure. Strange, really strange.

You guys have to wait a bit longer for the update. Sure the script is fixed and we have no mem leak anymore, also a low performance boost. But the new script needs also over 200+ sound samples to working. So I'm not a mashine, but I try to make these lil sounds as fast as possible. Only thing is, I have to make quality ones also. I just cant mix something together which sounds terrible. Whats the point of this soundmod? To sound good :D

But hey, there is not much to do. Since I can work this week only on JSRS and Astorian, I will be done soon. Also I finally added new hurt and hits sounds for the soldiers. As some of you begged me to do so. I will also add new breathing sounds, but I have to work on them alot, since they should sounds like the BIS ones, and not like cheap mic recordings.

Changelog so far:

Changelog 1.4.2

• Changed: Volume of all radomly played SFX sounds

• Changed: Increased volume of some stereo environment sounds

• Changed: Reworked all distance weapon sounds for more life like sounding

• Changed: Increased distance for distance weapon sounds

• Changed: Reworked the sounds of passing or moving through brunches

• Changed: Increased distance for distance helicopter sounds

• Changed: Deleted annoying dog and chicken sounds

• Added: Added an script entry for automatic vehicle spawning (dummy vehicle)

• Added: Added new Script: dummy_vehicle.sqf

• Changed: The allowable distance for distancesounds was further restricted! (More Performance)

• Changed: The #particlesource will be deleted after the sound has been played (no memory leak anymore)

Some more changes will follow, like the mentioned breath sounds, hit sounds. After all, I maybe be able to release next week ;)

Jarhead

Jarhead I know your busy as hell but any joy with binoc pulling in out sound trigger?

Jarhead I know your busy as hell but any joy with binoc pulling in out sound trigger?

Well, I was lookin in the VOP Gear Config, as well the SOA Gear Config, no results! So I'm not able to find these entries. If anyone has an idea or know how to add these sounds, just tell me ;)

Jarhead

You don't need to know that for now ;)

Oh god don´t make me curious.

The last time that I was curious about something this happened :D

Oh god don´t make me curious.

But that's half the fun! :nener:

Sorry to spam your thread Jarhead, but I've seen that Astorian thing in a bunch of signatures, I'm as curious as everybody else :p

Hi LordJardHead,

I'm relatively new to Arma, been playing a few months now. I've been working on a modified Insurgency mission and have several dedicated servers running "insurgency sim".

We have recently allowed the jsrs sound mod and I'm loving the difference. Keep up the good work!

If you are taking comments or suggestions, the area I feel could be improved is the external road vehicle sounds:

The EXTERNAL Humvee and Jackal, Idle could do with being a little deeper to give it a more meaty engine note. (maybe more like this http://www.hark.com/clips/zgndryyvbb-mi-hummer-idle-01-hpx)

The EXTERNAL engine off sound for both Humvee/Jackal could be improved, not sure why it over revs before going off. ( maybe should be more like this http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/2226/mp3/513476_SOUNDDOGS__tr.mp3)

The EXTERNAL engine start sound for both Humvee/Jackal also sounds painful. a deeper start sound would be more pleasing to the ears (maybe more like http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/2226/mp3/513482_SOUNDDOGS__tr.mp3)

The ATV is quite horrible at the moment when revved, far too high?

Other than that the JSRS mod rocks!

Boffin

totalboffin.blogspot.com

Edited by totalboffin