What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Jarhead, I know you already have a good T-34 sound. But as a sound junkie, I thought you'd enjoy watching this video:

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for a while and don't know what is causing it. Whenever an AK series weapon (with the exception of a few, one being the AKS) is fired in full auto I only hear around every third bullet fire, it ends up sounding really weird but I can still hear all the cracks from the other side of the barrel. I have tried disabling all of my mods and that is the only time I can hear it correctly fire.

Has anyone had this problem before or heard of it? Is there an easy way to fix it?

stats.png

First I fired the AK74 on single, then auto, then auto with the rifle pointing at the camera to capture the sound of the cracks and broken auto.

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for a while and don't know what is causing it. Whenever an AK series weapon (with the exception of a few, one being the AKM) is fired in full auto I only hear around every third bullet fire, it ends up sounding really weird but I can still hear all the cracks from the other side of the barrel. I'm going to make a recording of this in a bit so you all can have a better idea of what it sounds like. I have tried running CO vanilla and that seems to be the only time it works.

Has anyone had this problem before or heard of it? Is there an easy way to fix it? Would linking a recording help you guys understand what it sounds like?

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for a while and don't know what is causing it. Whenever an AK series weapon (with the exception of a few, one being the AKM) is fired in full auto I only hear around every third bullet fire, it ends up sounding really weird but I can still hear all the cracks from the other side of the barrel. I'm going to make a recording of this in a bit so you all can have a better idea of what it sounds like. I have tried running CO vanilla and that seems to be the only time it works.

Has anyone had this problem before or heard of it? Is there an easy way to fix it? Would linking a recording help you guys understand what it sounds like?

So many questions, but few answers, hehe.

So, you said you run with other mods? So tell us first what mods do you run. And then, do you mean the normal firing sounds (in around 200, 400 meter range) or the distant pops (further than 400)? If you mean the distant pops, thats because of the game engine or even the script itself.

If we would run every shot with a extra sound, like MG's, we would totally slow down the performance because of all the event handlers getting started. So if you talkind about the distant pops, I know exactly what you mean, but this can't be fixed I think.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

So many questions, but few answers, hehe.

So, you said you run with other mods? So tell us first what mods do you run. And then, do you mean the normal firing sounds (in around 200, 400 meter range) or the distant pops (further than 400)? If you mean the distant pops, thats because of the game engine or even the script itself.

If we would run every shot with a extra sound, like MG's, we would totally slow down the performance because of all the event handlers getting started. So if you talkind about the distant pops, I know exactly what you mean, but this can't be fixed I think.

Jarhead

Thanks for the quick reply. I run ACE mod, a couple of maps (Duala, Lingor, Fallujah, and Tora Bora), and ACRE. I am talking about the normal firing sounds (the ones you hear while you are holding and firing the weapon).

Here is a link to a recording: http://tindeck.com/listen/yiqx

I am firing the AK74. First in single shot, then in full auto, then in full auto with the camera in front of the weapon so you can hear the cracks and 'broken' auto.

Thanks for the quick reply. I run ACE mod, a couple of maps (Duala, Lingor, Fallujah, and Tora Bora), and ACRE. I am talking about the normal firing sounds (the ones you hear while you are holding and firing the weapon).

Here is a link to a recording: http://tindeck.com/listen/yiqx

I am firing the AK74. First in single shot, then in full auto, then in full auto with the camera in front of the weapon so you can hear the cracks and 'broken' auto.

What does the RPT says? Maybe some missing WSS entries? How many "samples" you have set up in the Audio settings?

Jarhead

What does the RPT says? Maybe some missing WSS entries? How many "samples" you have set up in the Audio settings?

Jarhead

I'm not sure how to see my RPT and I also do not know anything about WSS entries. How can I find out about these? I have my samples set to 128, the highest it can go.

EDIT: I found out how to see my RPT but it is way too long to post but it does say some stuff like "Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\snapfar_m2.wss'". I'll send you a PM with a link to it.

Edited by mueller

I'm not sure how to see my RPT and I also do not know anything about WSS entries. How can I find out about these? I have my samples set to 128, the highest it can go.

EDIT: I found out how to see my RPT but it is way too long to post but it does say some stuff like "Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\snapfar_m2.wss'". I'll send you a PM with a link to it.

Aha, this might be the problem. You running another Soundmod?

Aha, this might be the problem. You running another Soundmod?

Not that I know of... :S I only run JSRS along with my other map/gameplay mods, no other sound mods. I have never even heard of this vops addon. I have searched my arma folder and it has come up dry for anything with vops/vop in the name. It is also saying something about not being able to load ACE_SM files but I don't even have that running.

Edited by mueller

Not that I know of... :S I only run JSRS along with my other map/gameplay mods, no other sound mods. I have never even heard of this vops addon. I have searched my arma folder and it has come up dry for anything with vops/vop in the name. It is also saying something about not being able to load ACE_SM files but I don't even have that running.

I looked over the RPT, nothing concernig the AK fam in reference to JSRS. So this is kind of really strange problem. You mixed JSRS together or just 1.4 raw without any older stuff? You running latest Arma CO (Arma 1.11, OA 1.60)? You running latest CBA version?

We'll find a way. There must be a reason for this. Since its not happened for other clients, I would know already, hehe.

Jarhead

I looked over the RPT, nothing concernig the AK fam in reference to JSRS. So this is kind of really strange problem. You mixed JSRS together or just 1.4 raw without any older stuff? You running latest Arma CO (Arma 1.11, OA 1.60)? You running latest CBA version?

We'll find a way. There must be a reason for this. Since its not happened for other clients, I would know already, hehe.

Jarhead

I have the latest versions of ARMA, a raw JSRS 1.4, and the latest version of CBA. I just tried running JSRS alone with CBA and it worked fine, I think the problem might be in ACE. I'll continue adding addons to my line one by one and edit this post when the problem starts. Thanks for all your help so far.

EDIT: I was wrong, it wasn't anything to do with ACE. It is something in my units "in-house" addon, still have to find out what. Thanks Jarhead, you've been a big help and your sound mod is the greatest around!

Edited by mueller

I have the latest versions of ARMA, a raw JSRS 1.4, and the latest version of CBA. I just tried running JSRS alone with CBA and it worked fine, I think the problem might be in ACE. I'll continue adding addons to my line one by one and edit this post when the problem starts. Thanks for all your help so far.

EDIT: I was wrong, it wasn't anything to do with ACE. It is something in my units "in-house" addon, still have to find out what. Thanks Jarhead, you've been a big help and your sound mod is the greatest around!

Thanks mate ;) Nice to see you're found the problem. Maybe some script problems. But since this error you mentioned has nothing to do with the JSRS script, I guess it must be something else. Thanks for informing us!

Jarhead

LJ has already stated that the ACE version of the new JSRS is in the works, just be patient.

LJ has already stated that the ACE version of the new JSRS is in the works, just be patient.

:ok: roger

Have there been two patches since the release of 1.14? I remember installing one for sure.

A suggestion, Jarhead. Sound distances for small arms are now very good. But 12.7mm weapons and up up good use a boost. Autocannons, tank guns and HMGs are very quiet at 600m.

getting rpt errors when not using jsrs it seems to be coming across the network Messages are of this type:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_dshk\reload.wss'

Just like to add that I'm gradually finding out how awesome 1.4 is. Had an apache doing CAS last night, and the sounds of the 30mm rounds 'swishing' overhead was awesome. In fact a lot of the passing and incoming sounds for rounds sound great, especially for mortars and artillery.