What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hmm, strange. Old error. Thanks for intel, will find a way to fix that. You loaded an mission edited with old JSRS 1.33?

Jarhead

I'm getting the same thing LJH. I don't think the mission was loaded with 1.33 .... but will try to paste everything into a new mission.sqm to see if that sorts it.

LordJarhead i found a weird bug , when you try to fire with the minigun on a choper (UH-60 or CH-47) you have the left minigun with the old sound (or maybe ace sound but i don't use acex_sm) and the right one with the new one

LordJarhead i found a weird bug , when you try to fire with the minigun on a choper (UH-60 or CH-47) you have the left minigun with the old sound (or maybe ace sound but i don't use acex_sm) and the right one with the new one

Yah I heard of that before! And I have no idea why this is! Because these are the same weapons! This is such a typical BIS thing I have no idea about :(

Thanks for the infos mates!

Jarhead

maybe that's in the config i don't know how it works but the second gunner slot in a chopper is a commander slot maybe that's can create some problem ?

maybe that's in the config i don't know how it works but the second gunner slot in a chopper is a commander slot maybe that's can create some problem ?

No, thats no the problem since we can address each gun personaly! So no matter where it is, or who's going to use it. M134 is an M134 no matter where it is, right? So I dont know whats the problem with the thing since we always had trouble with that weapon!

But I find a way I hope!

Jarhead

have you ask ace team ? because i think they have the fix for that

have you ask ace team ? because i think they have the fix for that

Yah maybe. But we had a stupid and unnecessary confrontation! So I will do some more testings and see what I can do. There's still some time since the next update will hit. So much work is left to do, I never thought it would become so much. Since the new script takes alot of attention with its 200+ new sounds.

Thanks!

Jarhead

Hi Jarhead!

I've a drop of PFS when a mortar shell explodes close to me...Is that normal?

LJ i know patch Release thats is done,but you said that the patch might come out this week, it's true or have to wait longer?

freeze and memory leak fed up.

LJ i know patch Release thats is done,but you said that the patch might come out this week, it's true or have to wait longer?

freeze and memory leak fed up.

We, I stay with my satement! This week! There are some fixes left to be done!

Jarhead

I fixed the M134 config, replace the contents of the config file with this:

class CfgPatches
{
class JSRS_M134
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CA_AIR_E_MQ9PredatorB","CA_AIR_E_Su25","CA_Animals_E","CA_CruiseMissile","CA_Dubbing_E","CA_Dubbing_PMC","CA_DubbingRadio_PMC","CAAir_BAF_CH_47F","CAAir_E_A10","CAAir_E_C130J","CAAir_E_Halo","CAAir_E_Mi24","CAAir_E_MI8","CAAir_E_UH60M","CAAir_PMC_KA137","CAAir_PMC_KA60","CAAir2_Pchela1T","CASounds_E","CATracked_E_BMP2","CATracked_E_M1_Abrams","CATracked_E_M113","CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley","CATracked_E_T34","CATracked_E_T55","CATracked_E_T72","CATracked_E_us_m270mlrs","CATracked_E_ZSU","CATracked_W_BAF","CATracked2_AAV","CATracked2_BMP3","CATracked2_T90","CAWater2_Destroyer","CAWater2_fishing_boat","CAWater2_Fregata","CAWater2_seafox_EP1","CAWater2_smallboat_1","CAWeapons_AmmoBoxes","CAWeapons_DMR","CAWeapons_E_AGS","CAWeapons_E_AK","CAWeapons_E_Colt1911","CAWeapons_E_D30","CAWeapons_E_DSHKM","CAWeapons_E_FIM92_static","CAWeapons_E_fnfal","CAWeapons_E_G36","CAWeapons_E_GrenadeLauncher","CAWeapons_E_Igla","CAWeapons_E_Javelin","CAWeapons_E_KORD","CAWeapons_E_ksvk","CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield","CAweapons_E_m107","CAWeapons_E_M110","CAWeapons_E_M119_Howitzer","CAWeapons_E_M136","CAWeapons_E_M14","CAWeapons_E_M16","CAWeapons_E_M240","CAWeapons_E_M252_81mm_Mortar","CAWeapons_E_M2StaticMG","CAWeapons_E_M47","CAWeapons_E_M9","CAWeapons_E_MAAWS","CAWeapons_E_Makarov","CAWeapons_E_Metis","CAWeapons_E_Mk19_MiniTriPod","CAWeapons_E_PK","CAWeapons_E_Podnos_2b14_82mm","CAWeapons_E_RPG18","CAWeapons_E_RPG7","CAWeapons_E_scar","CAWeapons_E_Searchlight","CAWeapons_E_SPG9","CAWeapons_E_STATIC","CAWeapons_E_Stinger","CAWeapons_E_Strela","CAWeapons_E_TOW","CAWeapons_E_ZU23","CAWeapons_PMC_AA_12","CAWeapons_PMC_AS50","CAWeapons2_HuntingRifle","CAWeapons2_SMAW","CAWheeled_E_BRDM2","CAWheeled_E_BTR40","CAWheeled_E_BTR60","CAWheeled_E_HMMWV","CAWheeled_E_Ikarus","CAWheeled_E_LADA","CAWheeled_E_M1030","CAWheeled_E_MTVR","CAWheeled_E_Offroad","CAWheeled_E_Old_bike","CAWheeled_E_Old_moto","CAWheeled_E_Pickup","CAWheeled_E_s1203","CAWheeled_E_SCUD","CAWheeled_E_stryker","CAWheeled_E_SUV","CAWheeled_E_TT650","CAWheeled_E_UAZ","CAWheeled_E_Ural","CAWheeled_E_V3S","CAWheeled_E_Volha","CAWheeled_PMC_ArmoredSUV","CAWheeled_W_BAF","CAWheeled2_BTR90","CAWheeled2_GAZ39371","CAWheeled2_LAV25","CAWheeled2_MMT","CAWheeled2_TowingTractor","CAWheeled2_VWGolf","Warfare2_E","Warfare2Vehicles"};
	version = "2011-12-10";
	projectName = "JSRS - Jarheads Sounds Redeployment Systems";
	author = "LordJarhead";
};
};
class Mode_FullAuto;	// External class reference
class CfgWeapons
{
class MGun;	// External class reference
class M134 : MGun
{
	class LowROF : Mode_FullAuto
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
		begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M134\M134_low.wss",2,1,100};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 1};
	};
	class HighROF : LowROF
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
		begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M134\M134_high.wss",2,1,100};
	};
};
class M134_2 : M134
{
	class LowROF : Mode_FullAuto
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
	};
	class HighROF : LowROF
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
	};
};
class TwinM134 : M134
{
	class LowROF : LowROF
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
	};
	class HighROF : HighROF
	{
		sound[] = {"", 0, 0, 0};
	};
};
};

Levels and such might need tweaking, but it's now using the JSRS sound instead of the vanilla BIS sound.

Please excuse my stupidity, but I was unable to find a manual of any sort, and usually I just drag and drop .pbos into my AddOns (I know, not the right way, but I have no idea how to do it otherwise)

Can someone tell me how to install it when its not PBOs like this mod?

Pretty easy ;D

1. delete all manualy installed mods (may you should bakup them)

2. All mods should be in files like this (if not, make it by yourself) ->

@Mod/Addons/Mod.pbo [Mod/s means the mod name!]

3. Download this Arma Launcher -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

4. Put the .exe in your Arma directory, start it and make a tick on the mods, you want to start.

Finish ;D

with recent patch 1.60, you could just use the internal mod manager, (under expansion) and you could pick n choose your desired mod you want to play etc...

Also with recent beta patch, my ARMA 2 Launcher (by Cpt Arma I think), I get some error and cannot play, so I just use the official beta launcher shortcut and load up the mods from within. Never used any 3rd party launcher since :)

@B1N- You are so awesome dude I got that to work, thanks so much!!!!

@Mr_Cent- Thanks man! :D

good soundpack ! congrats !

Edited by cychou

it depends of your launcher but if i'm right and if it's the same than me (arma 2 launcher - spirited machine) you have a game selector on your bottom right corner with Arma 2 - OA or CO or arma 2 just chose arma 2 CO.

If it's not this one , try to search where is the path option of your launcher to see if arma 2 oa is detected

Starting from patch 1.6, if you launch arrowhead, it will automatically launch as CO if you have Arma 2 installed as well.