What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times already, but a search yielded a lot of undesirable results.

How do I get this running in OA running the latest beta patch and ACE2? I have a launcher so I don't need to know exact command line parameters, but launch order and that sorta thing would help. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and does this require Combined Operations? I have CO, but I prefer to just run OA independently.

Well, this is not really easy. You have to delete all PBOs that are for Arma2. This leaves only the OA Addons left at the end of. With the latest beta patch there not all weapons working like M4A3.

If you want OA Only, you just have to wait until the RC Version of JSRS comes with different packs designed for OA Only, Arma2 Only and Arma2CO.

So this is based on Arma2 CO at the moment. Sry, but it would be really better when running CO.

Greetings,

Jarhead

new apache sounds are horrible, any chance you could revert back to the old ones, much nice IMHO

i dont remember a change but what could be improved , is add more of a bang to the gun firing sound (hell just making it louder might do) and make the chopper itself louder as well.

Not sure if someone pointed this out. But Iwas standing on the hill at the port on Utes. a LAV drove on the road just below me. The sound was coming in and out like he was driving and stopping, but he wasnt. Andddd On this hill before all the baddies and goodies spawned I heard what sounded like someone walking on the road Over and over and over again. lol But this is with head sets on, and the sound pretty high Im sure it wouldnt be heard on my speakers. :) anyways just trying to help with what little I can.

Everything else is out of this world!!!! ;)

The m4a3 acog gl has the default sound, is it ment to? awsome sounds just downloaded. Great work

yeah its been mentioned in the thread many times. the new patch screwed it up.

Ok, ALL configs was getting reworked with the help of .KJU and most problem are solved now (i hope).

So when shooting small caliber weapons like M9 or m1911 no big shell (5.56x45) will be droped anymore.

There many changes and it should be possible that the performance will be better with the next update.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Realy good news!

Big thx to LordJarhead and .Kju (looks like a nice partnership ;)) i can´t wait for the new version :eek:

Did anyone test the MI-24D to confirm it screwed up with the last patch the cannon sound? just want to make sure its not a problem on my side.

Nice work fella.

Was just playing on gossamers warefare and using your mod, they seem to go together like <insert amazing food combo here>.

Even my team mate on TS was wowing at it and hes a picky mofo ;) It REALLY gives the environment some depth, again nice work and thanks.

Ok, ALL configs was getting reworked with the help of .KJU and most problem are solved now (i hope).

So when shooting small caliber weapons like M9 or m1911 no big shell (5.56x45) will be droped anymore.

There many changes and it should be possible that the performance will be better with the next update.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Thanks for the great news & thanks .KJU for the efforts too.

So when the final release, it will be included with a separate package for OA standalone??

I will pack the JSRS mod in Arma2 and OA.... and if you have CO you can put both together.

Jarhead

I will pack the JSRS mod in Arma2 and OA.... and if you have CO you can put both together.

Jarhead

:yay: Thanks man! :bounce3:

Jarhead I really hope you get the GL reload sound working.

Also take a look at the SCAR magazine reload sound, Is a little off.

Jarhead I really hope you get the GL reload sound working.

Also take a look at the SCAR magazine reload sound, Is a little off.

All errors with missing sounds are Fixed. Reloads of GL works fine now.

So maybe with the next release there will be all "missing Wss" errors in the RPT fixed. So no RPT Spamming anymore.

Reworked some Explosions.

Reworked MOST Weapons (90%).

Reworked some Stepsounds.

Reworked all Stand-Up and Lay-Down sounds.

New Chinook Sound.

Added Bradley Sound.

All Configs are reworked (Over 100, thanks to .kju again).

So... there shouldn't be no problems anymore. Some different new problems may occur of course!

So, thats brings me to say: JSRS is nearly DONE so far. I will see what i can do this week and if anything be fine (as well as the rest of the last week) i maybe bring the FULL Version Instead of the new Beta.

"Maybe" of course.

After this i can work on BAF Sounds.

As always: Something i forget?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

hihi

have you reworked an fix the configs for BMP sounds so that BMP-2 sound like real BMP-2/3?

an T-72 sound like the real T-72 and T-90 sound like real T-90?

an BRDM sound like real thing?

and BTR-90?

plus LAV-25?

hehe sorry me pain just me know how all these sound like since me saw them in real life an rided on them me have many friends who are crewmen.

me was a crewmen me was forced into the JGSDF do me term of 3 years of service in Type-90.

You wouldn't see it if you don't be registered on the site ;) so if you not, don't worry when there is nothing^^

Jarhead

As for the BAF weapons, I use the CMS2(standalone pack just for BAF), and I can say J.S.R.S+CSM2(BAF) really rocks. Anyway,still expecting yours for BAF.

Wow lots of improvement :clap:

Don't forget the ambient sounds (Maybe day & night variants ?)

Edited by Jonn

As for the BAF weapons, I use the CMS2(standalone pack just for BAF), and I can say J.S.R.S+CSM2(BAF) really rocks. Anyway,still expecting yours for BAF.

That's what I'm using too, awesome combination.