Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I had to have a look at the CM forums for myself and unless CM pull something out of the bag the game will die a thousand deaths by the look of the vast majority of the posters on there.

Saying that though, CM will kick in with the publicity for the game and they will still make a profit...

I'm 38 this month and 99.99999999999% a console gamer these days :eek:

I am turing 43 this year and I only play console games since 2005 when OFP elite came out. (got my first XBOX the day it was out in the US nov 17 2005). I stopped playing PC games around 2004 for personal reasons. I am not saying consoles are better we all know the truth but console are just easy and fit better in a busy real life.

I actually wanted to post a similar poll on RR forums about their age. You can tell me it doesn't matter, but in fact it really does. It matters because of your previous experiences in life, as well as with other games.

See this.

Most have never played outside their crapboxes(i know placebo also loves his soo much), and have never played the original tac shooters such as r6 or ghost recon, hidden and dangerous..

There is also another thread about the best story in a game, where even BFBC is said to have one, or even MW2..where is monkey island, where is Mafia1, and so many other games that were made prior to 2000?

I really think the average for CM is about 15-16 at most, while the average for BIS is abot 30-35.

You are the exception here...

i guess it has to do with the fact that consoles have always been easier to play on(in terms of headaches), as well as time needed with the games you play on it.

You cannot deny the fact that the consoles player base is a lot different from the PC player base though (i really don't want to start another flame war between the two here though)

That is very true, unfortunately i have never played OFP on xbox due to having a PS2 at that time.

Even so, not even BIS is able to port A2 or even OA to xbox360 nowadays.

I do believe that is because no publisher will take that risk , rather than console limitations (which is still an issue nevertheless, but in regards to procesor computations, and GFX strain, which could be adjusted by reducing polycount and texture size)

So what is the result: we see franchises that were good/decent dumbed down (DR and RR included), DLC is omnipresent in the sense that game are being sliced to make room for those, and so forth.

While i think games are suppose to be fun and all, that fun value is very subjective to each individual. But that goes for other interactive(or not) media as well, starting with movies, TV programs to newspapers all the way to books that are hitting bestsellers status. I really think is not only the game industry that is beeing affected

OFP elite in a lot of ways played better then the PC game. Yes the mission editor was limited but worked great and you could share mission using action replay sofeware.

BOHEMIA made some good progress with the port but at the end of the day it will not work to the point MS will allow it to be on the XBOX.

If BOHEMIA would make a game that work it will never sell like COD/BF games but there could be a good small market of players that would support it and buy DLC of MOD's. Bohemia will never put up all the money to port and market the game and will never give up control again like with OFP ELITE. So I don't see this game for this console system maybe the next one.

The problem is players of this console generatation have not grow up. If the ave age was 15-16 when the XBOX first hit the market then players should be around 26-27 and should want a different kind of game then the run and gun but they don't. The problem is players have no clue B/C no games are like ARMA on the market for them to see and play.

Maybe when the console players reach 30-35 the ones that started out with the xbox in 2000 BOHEMIA will have a large market of players. Only time will tell.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

You should have used you're, not your. Hopefully now you understand it. :D

Oh, and it's "too". :p

yor write :D

You should have used you're, not your. Hopefully now you understand it. :D

Oh, and it's "too". :p

Yes indeed. Just to be sure, he was talking about playing war games and not running around encouraging necrophilia loudly right?

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303
split infinitive... doh

lol I got warned by Helios for trolling. I guess I will give up now.

Meh, best not to discuss moderation of the CM forums on these forums. That got us into a world of shit last go around. :rolleyes:

ooh the CM one came with an infraction. Templar just laughs at me over XFire, what more to expect.

Edited by Ben_S

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

There you go. ;)

ok ok, It was just a bit funny how I got both PM's at same time there. Never mind, Now i've been spotted on ubisoft forums, too.

Im just gonna give up.

lol I got warned by Helios for trolling. I guess I will give up now.

We are busy planning the future of modern moderating simulators.

Lol, according to Lenton himself, that M16A4 is a M16A2.

44369_155618247787391_147516158597600_528559_5236905_n.jpg

m16a2.gif

That is correct, the M16A4 does use the rail system, the M16A2 doesnt, the image shows a modified M16A2, therefore no rail system.

Christ... Modified as in a M16A2 with an A4 upper receiver and a M203 mount designed for the rail system? What the... :confused:

I call BULLSHIT. :j:

An M16A2 with a detachable carrying handle? Wha???

"Modified" M1911A1: Double stack 30-round magazine with full auto capability, firing 40mm grenades.

Edited by Laqueesha

I don't think that's a rail mounted m203. It looks like the barrel clamp kind of mount to me. Most of the other stuff on there are just attachments- but the upper receiver is definitely not a2.

don't believe Sion when he talks about weapons that much...

Christ... Modified as in a M16A2 with an A4 upper receiver and a M203 mount designed for the rail system? What the... :confused:

Its OK, it shoots lazaar beeems :hammer:

Quick, someone (*cough*Myshaak*cough*) find a pic of Lenton that could be edited to have the Dr. Evil "pinky in mouth" pose.. ;)

To be honest, if you scrape the OFP name off of Red River, it would be a decent game, it may not be a OFP, like DR, but it will still be a decent tactical shooter.

To be honest, if you scrape the OFP name off of Red River, it would be a decent game, it may not be a OFP, like DR, but it will still be a decent tactical shooter.

Still wouldn't buy it after what they did with DR. ;)

Well, i don't give a damn about "decent" games :lookaround:

Placebo layeth the smackdown once again, well done sir!

Also, a green, yellow and purplish M16A2 with no carry handle and rail mounted grenade launcher? Buh? It don't make sense!

in regards to that M16 from RR. i could easily see that frankin-weapon coming into existence in the field, i really could.

however, when EVERY weapon is modded like that.... eh? WTF. its just silly.

as for the color, its not bad. in basic training my rifle was so old it was purple, as was a couple others. the iron sites also move up and down every time i shot :p

in regards to that M16 from RR. i could easily see that frankin-weapon coming into existence in the field, i really could.

however, when EVERY weapon is modded like that.... eh? WTF. its just silly.

as for the color, its not bad. in basic training my rifle was so old it was purple, as was a couple others. the iron sites also move up and down every time i shot :p

That must have been detrimental to any accuracy tests you did :p