Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Hand-guard and rail set-up looks more like a Canadian C7A1 than an US M16 to me.

I would be more inclined to ask about those renders:

* what is their poly count

* what is the size of their textures

* are those rendered with the game engine, other DX shader or renderer(marmoset for instace), or render engine (MR, Vray etc?)

SInce i don't feel about posting anything anymore on CM forums(plus i don't really remember my pass there), could you Ben_s ask that?

I've got a better question.

Is this at all how it will appear ingame, afterall that little PR stunt with the DR renders that I have to admit, some looked great but as we saw it was all a big lie.

As for ARma2 and consoles, I think it could actually do pretty well, Arma2 has been getting around far more thanks to Steam and there are competent console players out there, it's just cost and development time (OFP:E took a bit but gave way to Arma1.

How great it would be to see BIS port over a version Arma2 or OA (though you'll find the COD tards easy as they'll say it is a ripoff) WITH mission editor, what a smack to the face that would be.

Afterall the Xbox did a pretty good job at holding up OFP:E actually for all it had, was just playing it infact..good times.

normal maps, grass, the islands, all vehicles including planes and helicopters, mission editor mission only keyboard commands, all missions, new sounds, all commands, new NVG effects and the new specular system as well as water shaders, 3D water the dense forests and a pretty good viewdistance..all this on the xbox and CM is bringing far less to the 360..I'm not sure if they are true morons or their engine is just really really not at all suited for this.

Edited by NodUnit

Edit: Oh, and why are the weapons in Red River painted in some tribal paint scheme or something?

[/img]

The M16A4 is already brown, green, purple, maroon and black. .

Tis the camo upgrades for 10/25/50/75/150 headshots! :D

I think the guns and vehicles beaing weathered down and muddy to some extent was good, its like they spend ages getting all the right textures, wearing them down. Then entirly scrapped it all for the final cut.

That being when the final stage of development kicked in and Sion took over, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

also I can't help but wonder, why a bradley when it's the USMC?

You can ask the same thing about the H-6 little birds, M1A2 Tusk, UH-60 (yes the Navy use them, but the USMC is far more likely to ride around in their own transports) and so on and so on.

Its kinda funny, but the USMC content feels like a carbon copy of what was in (including the mistakes) ArmA1...

But thats a bit like beating the dead horse...

Im 14. And Bored.

If you think I can afford to pay for a new PC, then think again.

P.S. I've grown up around computers, and in england, don't like sport or stuff, so i've just naturally taken to computing. And Yes, I do have a life and friends, before you try that one.

And no, I am not lying.

If you are 14 then you should not be on the net while you are in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell the truth and if you can't then you do work for CODEMASTERS.

Its summer holidays, school hasn't started yet. ;)

Those guns look like they've been massively tricked out with tacticool accessories and bright paint. Do not want. I don't think they're even trying any more to be honest.

Edited by Rellikki
Removed reply to a deleted post

Anyways, back on topic, those guns are definitely tricked out and modified to look kewler to the average Joe. Mainstream it is then...

Edited by Rellikki

Anyways, back on topic, those guns are definitely tricked out and modified to look kewler to the average Joe. Mainstream it is then...

Maybe RPG's will get a thermal sniper thingy...come to think of it they haven't boasted about the thermals at all or even mentioned it, I wonder if that is another feature that got canned.

Just gotta wonder whos gonna be the first one who has stand infront of the spotlight after that.

Well, we can then put a face to the failure. :p

Depends on what they do, if they aren't in lead we can't exacly fault them since they have no control over the project.

CEO in companies have always the last word. So even if you're in lead but you're not CEO you can't blame them. CM's CEO's don't care about their games, nor do they care about their community which is a proven fact, but they do care about profit though. Strange that they are adopting different tactics now, but honestly said I highly doubt that it's due the fact that they learned a lesson. Screw your community and you screw your customers.

Just my 2 cents.

regards

CEO in companies have always the last word. So even if you're in lead but you're not CEO you can't blame them. CM's CEO's don't care about their games, nor do they care about their community which is a proven fact, but they do care about profit though. Strange that they are adopting different tactics now, but honestly said I highly doubt that it's due the fact that they learned a lesson. Screw your community and you screw your customers.

Just my 2 cents.

regards

You are wrong just look at the CEO of BOHEMIA. Now that's a F-CEO who cares more about the game and not that much about profit. Game first and profit second.

You all should back off of Big ben he does not work for codemasters just go look at some of his recent replays on the codemasters forum. He still needs to take off his sun glasses and see codemasters for what they really are.

I believe Codemasters "Military Advisors" are mister cool IMMA GANGSTER Lenton and a good website called Call of Duty.com/forums :)

I vouch for Bens maturity because I played Coop with him several times, so please move on and stop the silly bickering. FPDR

Edited by Rellikki

You are wrong just look at the CEO of BOHEMIA. Now that's a F-CEO who cares more about the game and not that much about profit. Game first and profit second.

Marek's definitely a great guy, as is Ondrej, as is Karel, Jan P., heck, BIS is just full of great guys. Just so happens their CEO is also one, and always has been. :D

BIS have got an awsome dev team, an awsome CEO, Awsome PR, just everything, is great.

AVIBIRD I was talking about CM's CEO and their business attitude not about BIS. I support BIS because they take care of their community as best as they can, moreover they care about the games they are developing. I don't support developers who are only out for a quick buck and drop support as soon as the milking is done.

regards