Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Ermm maybe they just want to emphasize on the COOP like Left 4 Dead? That's kinda how they described it in the IGN preview and that certainly sounds interesting.

Yeah, because both genres have so much in common. I too would love running around darkened buildings with my M4-slinging compatriots gunning down hordes of PLA attacking with nothing but melee weapons whilst using the "first shotgun seen in an Operation Flashpoint Game."

Maybe there'll be witch PLA who hide in the corner until you pick up a scoped weapon or something.

If the map and graphics are 10X better than Dragon Rising. I might looking into getting this. I probably wont buy it though. :)

Dragon Rising was literally utter shit. That's the only way to describe it.

They would still be missing the mark, sure A1 and A2 were major graphical improvements over OFP, and even OA over A2 BUT each and every one added new things to the mix and many behind the scenes..

red river is taking away things, this is NOT the right direction to go, and dont give me that 'well now they can emphasize on a certain category' capital Bull and Shhhh..language..once again they are just trying to make money off the franchise name and doing so with no shame.

Edited by NodUnit

Well, TBH, the shotgun we seen in RV engine aint "shotgun" at all, due to engine limit there is not possible for proper Buckshot/birdshort shell.

Well, TBH, the shotgun we seen in RV engine aint "shotgun" at all, due to engine limit there is not possible for proper Buckshot/birdshort shell.

Yes but shotguns don't just fire pellet cartridges, they also fire shotgun slugs, saboted lead projectiles. ;)

I just found out about this and let me get this straight...

They've removed multiplayer except for co-op.

There is no longer corpsmen/medics.

There are no longer pilotable aircraft.

The game is basically just a single campaign you can play co-op and there's a few quick pre-determined co-op missions.

The first levels of the game are made to be like Bad Company/COD to not alienate players.

They used Left 4 Dead and Nintendo as guides for making the game more fun.

They feel the first game was too difficult and are scaling it back.

Aim assist.

Every class in the game carries an M4 in addition to a class weapon.

The game does not allow players to play as the opposition as it is deemed tasteless, even in a fictional conflict.

...how is that not a massive fail just on paper?

Also the weapons are balanced for coop play, according to Mr Nice himself the 'realism' comes from four people playing as a team... whatever that means.

Did anyone at Coderapists actually play OFP? Anyone?

You think that if they did actually play OFP and measured how and why it became successful, they would have made DR like they did? Or be making Red River how it is? It's quite simple, they're a developer that wasn't at all a part of the original game's development (none of the current team worked on the Codemasters aspects of OFP) and has never played the game to see what it did. Heck, they didn't even seem to play any Arma game.

It's exactly the same thing that happened with Rainbow Six Vegas and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. New, never-before-related development team using an established brand to take it into the mainstream and make lots of cash for their publisher, who just-so-happens to be the same company. I couldn't expect more from these con artists.

The game is basically just a single campaign you can play co-op and there's a few quick pre-determined co-op missions.

The first levels of the game are made to be like Bad Company/COD to not alienate players.

Aim assist.

The game does not allow players to play as the opposition as it is deemed tasteless, even in a fictional conflict.

is this a joke ?

is this a joke ?

It is. It is a huge joke. And everyone aside from Conmasters get it. They take it fully seriously though, and are going to make the game that way.

Anyone else noticed there's been no mention of a mission editor, on consoles or on the PC? :rolleyes:

Nice, seems it will get even worser then DR(epic fail)If they are smart stop now when you can because it will fail even bigger then DR did.

How do they think making money of something like that?think its gone be from age 5 till 18 LOL.

Yeah, because both genres have so much in common. I too would love running around darkened buildings with my M4-slinging compatriots gunning down hordes of PLA attacking with nothing but melee weapons whilst using the "first shotgun seen in an Operation Flashpoint Game."

Maybe there'll be witch PLA who hide in the corner until you pick up a scoped weapon or something.

Seriously, your critiques of this unreleased game are becoming less and less funny. Yeah you hate these so-called OFP sequels I get it already. There is no reason not to enjoy ARMA 2 and look forward to this new game at the same time. And yes, I get that a lot of you hear don't like that CM has the rights to the "OFP" name, you know what? LIVE WITH IT and get on with your life already FFS.

Even If RR would turn out to be the best wargame ever developed: I won't buy it. I don't support developers who don't support their community.:mad: I didn't buy DR when it hit the stores way back then. I read both forum and it became immediately clear to me that DR was a failure and that it limited everything which made OFP such a great game. And all the die hard DR fans which are still holding on to the game, well they never catched the sprirt of the original and I doubt highly that they ever played it, otherwise it would have been impossible for them to like DR, the same as all the true OFP fans who left their community ones they realized that DR wasn't even par with OFP.

Just my 2 cents.

kind regards

BF2_Trooper, I am not looking forward to this game because it sounds like nothing more than a generic, uninspired mainstream FPS, and because Codemasters, like every other mainstream developer it seems, treats their fanbase like shit. The fact that it outright abuses and milks the OFP name simply adds fuel to the fire.

Indeed so. It is much more about Conmasters not caring about their players, even alienating them, having lost all kind of integrity as a company, and just are money-milking douchebags, than it is about the Operation Flashpoint franchise.

As nettrucker says it doesn't matter how good the game becomes. A company that outright takes a dump on its customers and scams them again and again shouldn't get to sell anything. Simple as that.

Heck, it's like SC2. It might be a great game, but I won't buy it simply because it'd put money in ActivisionBlizzard's pockets, and considering how they currently are treating their customers they shouldn't get any money either.

Seriously, your critiques of this unreleased game are becoming less and less funny. Yeah you hate these so-called OFP sequels I get it already. There is no reason not to enjoy ARMA 2 and look forward to this new game at the same time. And yes, I get that a lot of you hear don't like that CM has the rights to the "OFP" name, you know what? LIVE WITH IT and get on with your life already FFS.

There is no reason generated by ArmA 2 or the community or your allegiance to them not to look forward to Red River. Codemasters takes care of all of that.

They are on the job and they are serious about making milsim gamers vomit with rage... dead serious... Nintendo Wii serious.

It is. It is a huge joke. And everyone aside from Conmasters get it. They take it fully seriously though, and are going to make the game that way.

Yeah all the points I mentioned I got from the IGN, Gamespot, and Eurogamer articles with Sion Lenton speaking in each.

Aim assist.

It is not surprising, for CM the main target are consoles players, for me it is not unusual that Red Shity River probably will not contain a mission editor and even a map with size of the Skira island, RR is not any more a competitor for Arma, now it is just an average "tactical" shooter, and it is tactical only because is coop.

I hope this actually becomes a simulator that can compete somewhat with ArmA II. I'm sick and tired of the shoddy movement, tanks that die from machine guns, and bad UI. I am an ArmA II player myself but you honestly have to put up with the problems ArmA II has since they're no other game in the market like it other else than OFP and ArmA. And on the plus side competition always makes things better.

Well, it seems not so easy to create a complex game such as Arma sequel and the best proof is the failed attempt of Conmaster.

Ermm maybe they just want to emphasize on the COOP like Left 4 Dead? That's kinda how they described it in the IGN preview and that certainly sounds interesting.

To me this sounds more like overcompensating. Concentrating on what people criticized about the first installment and mostly fixing these issues, like Join in Progress.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed Dragon Rising for what it is, something in the middle between ArmA 2 and CoD, but it had its share of issues that I don't see being addressed. It still sounds like a verbatim console port without any PC improvements with an overly complicated control mechanism because of exactly that heritage.

I just hope that this time you can lean left or right.

I hope this actually becomes a simulator that can compete somewhat with ArmA II. I'm sick and tired of the shoddy movement, tanks that die from machine guns, and bad UI. I am an ArmA II player myself but you honestly have to put up with the problems ArmA II has since they're no other game in the market like it other else than OFP and ArmA. And on the plus side competition always makes things better.

Did you read the announcements made by CM? And if you are sick and tired go play something that suits you better, nobody is forcing you to play a game with shoddy movements and whatever flaws you are attributing to ArmA.:confused: No offence meant. ArmA II is not a perfect game, but hell can you name me a game which is perfect? What competition are you talking about. DR turned out to be not competitive to BIS products and as far as it seems RR won't be either.

kind regards

And yes, I get that a lot of you hear don't like that CM has the rights to the "OFP" name, you know what? LIVE WITH IT and get on with your life already FFS.

It's about expectations. If you buy a Splinter Cell game, you expect a sneaking third person shooter that emphasizes the stealth aspect. If you get a CoD clone, regardless of how good it might be, you will be disappointed.

The same with Operation Flashpoint. You expect a game that strives on gritty realism. The pre-launch advertisement also enforced this notion. What you got was far from what you expected, so yes, people are disappointed.

If the map and graphics are 10X better than Dragon Rising. I might looking into getting this. I probably wont buy it though. :)

Dragon Rising was literally utter shit. That's the only way to describe it.

Console hardware is still 5 years old. So graphics and map will be the same (or worse now that they say there will be corridor levels) - unless by some miracle they'll decide to dedicate much time and effort to develop a separate PC version.

I can't get over the fact that Sion has posted more posts in CM forums in the last few days than he has posted posts in his life.

His sudden shocking new strategy of been honest and telling everyone what the game won't have will win hearts all around the world LOL.

I smell major failure already. I think they really need to get rid of the OFP part of the name if it will succeed. The name Red River CO-OP Rising is a more suitable title