Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

And oh my god, I just watched the opening trailer, it's like they were trying REALLY hard to make it appeal to Console Gamers but made it even too stupid for them.

Holy shit that's so funny, this game looks absolutely terrible.

This is horrible, have they ever met a real marine? :butbut:

Somewhere I read they had an Ex-Marine as advisor.

But probably they just seen Full Metal Jacket and decided to increase the swearing by 50% to make it 'real'.

Ive known alot of Marines over the years from my grappling school and the majority of them were pretty silent and serious. Im sure there were a few who cussed alot but the silent guys were a little more intimidating.

If anyone else here has played it and can comment, what the hell is going on with the accuracy of weapons? Played it at my mates and it can take like 10-15 rounds with an M16 to hit something 100m away. So frustrating when the enemy are slap bang in the middle of your sights.

I'm not one to take much offence to swearing but the amount in RR is just plain stupid, I don't doubt that Marines swear but not every other word! I wanted to shoot the damn guy who wouldn't shut up (Knox or whatever his name is) far more than I wanted to shoot the terrorist/bad guy/Chinese people.

you have to unlock points then spend them on a few things like making your rifle more accurate

you have to unlock points then spend them on a few things like making your rifle more accurate

seriously? nfw your kidding right?

Negative, he's not. Your shooting skills/accuracy is better when you pass the shooting range.

Not a bad idea in general, but of course screwed up as pretty much everything they did since DR.

It definitely doesn't take 15 rounds to kill someone 100 metres away. Even if you don't upgrade your character. It's difficult to hit someone in the distance with burst/full auto fire, but if you swith to semi auto, it's really not a problem...

It definitely doesn't take 15 rounds to kill someone 100 metres away. Even if you don't upgrade your character. It's difficult to hit someone in the distance with burst/full auto fire, but if you swith to semi auto, it's really not a problem...

Come on... could someone upgrade Sion ?

By the way, these forums are again full of exagerated drama over the game that's been tried by 2% of locals, I'd recommend you to try it instead of bitching here again and again about the game you don't know anything about.

It has it's flaws (retarded script etc. - but it's similar with your idol ArmA), but I think it's quite an improvement over Dragon Rising and quite an entertaining game.

By the way, these forums are again full of exagerated drama over the game that's been tried by 2% of locals, I'd recommend you to try it instead of bitching here again and again about the game you don't know anything about.

It has it's flaws (retarded script etc. - but it's similar with your idol ArmA), but I think it's quite an improvement over Dragon Rising and quite an entertaining game.

Quite an entertaining game isn't enough, i'll better follow Sion advices quoted in my sig. Moreover, i'm waiting for Ben_S review.

(retarded script etc. - but it's similar with your idol ArmA)

The day Bis have a character use the epithet 'bitch-tits' without irony to refer to his squad mate will be the day I stop gaming.

What on earth does that even mean?

human-dog-hybrid.jpg

And yes, once again, I will try the game, just as soon as I find a friend who has got hold of it and I have a couple of hours to throw away.

I have real estate at various Florida Keys islands in the Gulf I would like to sell you at bargain prices, everything has been priced in.

Drama is justified - the sole sight of a loaded rifle being pointed straight always in any situation, and any state of mind like a raging COCK, is enough to send this game where it belongs - to the grave right beside Dragon Rising.

I would try the game if developers thought it was cool to release demos again. :rolleyes:

Until such time I will have to form my opinion on the game from credible & reliable sources, friends of mine who've played it, and my own view of the game. So far, all arrows point to P.O.S.

So my friend got the game, tried it out, and has come to a verdict.

It isn´t worth the money he´d to spend on it.

The AI´s apparently been improved over DR to being loyal and obedient to a fault, only occasionally glitching out, teleporting or getting stuck.

Gunplay is weak. Weapons don´t feel like they have any proper recoil.

Enemies are moderately deadly. Stand out in the open for too long and you´re a goner. Sometimes they even hit with their first shot, the dispersion shield seems to be gone.

Graphics are shit. Texture and LOD scaling is weak. Textures are generally low res, blurry, brown messes. Models are also comparatively low res, sometimes extremely so. Game tries to cover this up with lots of fancy postprocess effects.

Voice acting is actually very decent, apart from the constant blathering.

A mediocre game, lost somewhere between Arma and mainstream shooters, but what it tries to convey, it conveys rather decently.

He´s at mission 3 right now, and at this point in time rates the game 6.5/10. He´s not familiar with the original OFP and its heritage, and usually doesn´t play sims. I trust his verdict.

the sole sight of a loaded rifle being pointed straight always in any situation, and any state of mind like a raging COCK, is enough to send this game where it belongs - to the grave right beside Dragon Rising.

I don't quite understand...

1) This is almost in every game, including OFP/ArmA/99% of other shooters

2) There is an idle mode, you automaticly lower the gun after a while without fight

I don't quite understand...

1) This is almost in every game, including OFP/ArmA/99% of other shooters

2) There is an idle mode, you automaticly lower the gun after a while without fight

p1V7WbQtLUk&

jbqzST_3Bno

Lalala. I'd like to see a person run with a rifle raised like a dolt for the next 15 km.

P.S. Perhaps, you're viewing through the lens of consoles, well, I do not own one and maybe, just maybe it is a great game for a console, but you're forgetting what progress is.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

P.S. Perhaps, you're viewing through the lens of consoles, well, I do not own one and maybe, just maybe it is a great game for a console, but you're forgetting what progress is.

So, you post a video from Dragon Rising to prove that you always point your rifle straight in Red River? Lol wut?

I don't have any console either. I just don't think it's cool to bash the game for an issue that is

1) in 99% of shooters on the market

2) NOT present in Red River

I told my wife to go out and buy RR for me on the PC which she did, loaded it up yesterday and maxed out all the settings.

On PC the game seems washed out, detail drops off really quite quick, I'm using the best settings the game has and overall it's very lack lustre.

I was in defend the base mission and was thinking this game feels like something else.... then it hit me RR felt like playing RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfstein) just without the zombies and Nazies.

Anyway if anyone wants to see any part of this game I'll fire it up and make some screen shots or movies.

Ive known alot of Marines over the years from my grappling school and the majority of them were pretty silent and serious. Im sure there were a few who cussed alot but the silent guys were a little more intimidating.

I've known only a few but from my experience they have been some of the most fun and funny people I've ever met.. for example during this one dinner a marine and his fellow marine buddy were eating, one was talking to his wife and his friend spouted off "Ah she's just in to the uniform" to which the other guy replied not with "Fuck you bitch" but instead "Yeah why do you think I signed up?" with joking laughter following.

Another one is the father of my best friend, he was an anti terrorist sniper or something to that degree but makes the greatest faces.

Also I found out that marines are crazy people, such as when they get bored, they sometimes have stapler fights.

Also I found out that marines are crazy people, such as when they get bored, they sometimes have stapler fights.

Sounds like an idea for a Mod