Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is not to discuss the going-ons of their forum, and that includes if you intend to troll it for whatever reason. This thread is about their games, specifically their Flashpoint games, and more specifically Red River.
Alright.

On topic: Has anyone thought of recreating the RR missions in A2? Somehow I think their "gameplay concept" would work better as an ARMA 2 campaign, instead of being its own game. It could actually be quite fun with the flexibility that ARMA gives us.

Nah, Red River's influence on the general gaming industry should be kept to an absolute minimum.

There was a project to try to recreate Skira island for ArmA but it didn't really go very far. It seems like those games don't really provide the necessary inspiration. It's like, if you're going to get into a long project like that, you need to do it because you want to on a very personal level, not because you want to 'show' someone else or something.

I guess so.

It's actually pretty funny that the whole Red River "game" is about equivalent in content to an ARMA 2 campaign.

Well, RR does have those FTE modes ...

But I agree, it's not alot.

There was a project to try to recreate Skira island for ArmA but it didn't really go very far.
Excuse me?

Complete terrain, buildings and foliage matching the original, no sign of any problems... a full, playable release with no bugs, HOW IS THAT NOT FAR?

The firefights on Skira was one of the coolest I had in ArmA 2.

Official Playstation Magazine has given it an 8 out of 10.

Isn't it funny how the two earliest reviews come from console magazines? :rolleyes:

Don't pretend you're surprised by that. ;)

Whatever. I still have proxies, so I'll be back there later. I didn't think they'd check, that was a rookie mistake by me (my trolling techniques are more refined than that) :)

Why waste your time? Does it really matter if a few people like the game, or even want to look forward to it pre-release?

It's not as if you'll be warning people of CM's shoddy business practices, as these are made clear by 2/3 of comments under every video they release on the 'net. It's more effective when criticism comes from CM's target audience: your average console gamer who isn't aware of Bis' existence.

Wow, the mods at the Red River forums are really desperate.

I've sent various mails to Codemasters support about the shadow banns I've received, but they haven't answered a single one. The mods have probably banned my e-mail adress also in order to make sure I can't contact anyone. Because I've sent mail to the support before and they answer very quickly.

Edited by Cyper

Guys, please cease with the discussion of how they manage/moderate their forums. That's not for us to criticize here.

On that note I would say that if you have complaints with it you should go directly to their support lines, but... :p

Oh god, what did I just do.

Wow, the mods at the Red River forums are really desperate.

I've sent various mails to Codemasters support about the shadow banns I've received, but they haven't answered a single one. The mods have probably banned my e-mail adress also in order to make sure I can't contact anyone. Because I've sent mail to the support before and they answer very quickly.

Seriously, I know of only 2 cases of 'shadow banning' happening on the CM forums.

Both because they were people from these forums that only went to CM ones to say how it was bad (Trolling over there)

I think you're just getting paranoid over this now, Do you have any real reason to want to be there?

I think the whole "CM Mods" stuff has been done and done here, too.

Anyways, it seems there is just too much hopelessly misinformed people on the net

OR

that CM marketing department have already got into every corner of our living world

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/04/06/video-game-sound-designers-learn-about-guns/

look at the comment sectionFPDR

P.S. I see what you did there Zipper:p

Edited by 4 IN 1

I wouldn't worry about it, 4 IN 1. The comments on most of their videos indicate that their marketing techniques are not working this time around, more so than last time. However, that won't stop the silent majority from seeing the game, thinking "This looks cool!" and buying it anyways.

Seriously, I know of only 2 cases of 'shadow banning' happening on the CM forums.

Both because they were people from these forums that only went to CM ones to say how it was bad (Trolling over there)

I think you're just getting paranoid over this now, Do you have any real reason to want to be there?

I think the whole "CM Mods" stuff has been done and done here, too.

Well, I was registered on Codemasters forum when Dragon Rising was released (or before, can't remember exactly). I registered to join the community, and because I was totally dissapointed about the game.

The mods at the Red River forums are obviously hardcore fanboys. They seems not make any negative comments about red river, and if doing so, It's done very carefully, and they can't stand people that complain.

Forums like that are there for people to complain. If I am buying a product and if I don't like it I have fully rights to complain without getting banned.

I am not really getting paranoid. It's obvious that I am shadow-banned. No replies, posts doesn't show up when I'm offline, isn't that very obvious?

The fact that they're using shadowbanns pretty much proves that they obviously get angry when people complain about the game. Still, people are ignorant enough to say ''Why are you still here if you don't like the game''. What else are the forums for, if not freedom of speech. The mods even remove posts they consider as ''trolling'' (e.i. complaining about the game).

EDIT: Well, don't bother to reply. I believe the discussion should end here before we're getting any infractions.

Edited by Cyper

Okay folks, last warning - stop the discussion as to how their forums are moderated here. I don't want to have to start giving out infractions.

If you want the most “realistic†shooter then try Operation Flashpoint. You spend most of your time hiking through forest to get to the enemy and you can barely see him when you are shooting at him. One hit and you are dead. It was so realistic that the developers realized it was somewhat boring and the next version will be a mix of realism and action (more like the Battlefield series)

What could I say... I too know few people that don't frequent on the internets all the time and they were put off by OFP2 because they didn't know that the real sequel is ARMA/2. BIS should consider to spend some money on agressive PR to regain it's name for true milsim.

Coop trailer:

I'm sorry, the marksman in the promo pic for Red River is holding a M24, but all I've ever seen of him ingame is with a DMR. Is the M24 in the game? :confused:

Why does the SAW have zero recoil?

Coop trailer:

That actually looks decently fun to me. Although I bet I would get bored of it in about a week. You've gotta love how the sniper aims by walking left or right instead of just moving the stick too. Oh to play console games.

I'm sorry, the marksman in the promo pic for Red River is holding a M24, but all I've ever seen of him ingame is with a DMR. Is the M24 in the game? :confused:

Why does the SAW have zero recoil?

There is no Sniper Rifles in the game, only marksman rifles.

Probably maxed out perks. According to people like Zarif, there IS recoil (as shown by his vid shooting the PKM/PKP).

You know, those perks that make it "more fun"

1:51 - player missed (2nd time too) but enemy soldier was hit, or should I buy glasses?

I noticed that too. So maybe we should both get glasses... as well as everyone else on the planet.