Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Please don't hotlink images, even if they're super great ;)

I probably only spent an hour with DR before junking it but I guess if all I had was a console I'd still be grateful for any game that attempts to portray something roughly resembling real soldiering.

One thing that stood out for me with DR, and it would appear the same in RR, is how the bizarre lighting makes it extremely difficult to distinguish between the infantry of both sides, even up close, how could nobody at CM see that as a fairly fundamental problem?

One thing that stood out for me with DR, and it would appear the same in RR, is how the bizarre lighting makes it extremely difficult to distinguish between the infantry of both sides...

I think it will be better in RR. In DR it was caused by very strong color filters. In RR there is a different postprocessing system and these filter are nowhere near DR ones.

Makes for a nice still. Not sure I would wish to be pixel hunting bad guys in all that visual noise.

@Defunkt.

You are so right. Absolutely impossible to tell the difference between god guy and bad guy visually unless you are at point blank.

Shit, I always thought it was red river. Those devs must have had their monitors upside down.

Shit, I always thought it was red river. Those devs must have had their monitors upside down.

Haha that made my day, thanks :)

Lens flare in first person. I guess the guy isn't looking through his eyes, but through a camera lens. Still got unlimited sprint too.

And is it just me, or was that one of the most underwhelming ambush scenes you've ever seen?

See I´m constantly using cover....

said while running over an open field right through the line of fire..... -_-

Lens flare in first person. I guess the guy isn't looking through his eyes, but through a camera lens. Still got unlimited sprint too.

And is it just me, or was that one of the most underwhelming ambush scenes you've ever seen?

I prefer the sun glare system in ArmA, but the lens flare idea is a nice touch. However, the fact you wont be able to disable it is the problem.

That couldn't have been an ambush?

Well, the ride in the HMMWV lasted only 1 minute, and then the guy starts screaming "Out! Get out of the vehicles!" over the radio with a couple tracers coming at them from the distance.

I took it to mean an ambush, unless they were seriously going that head-on and that exposed towards a known enemy position, but I wouldn't put that past Codemasters.

Zipper; I don't think you realise what sells well to the average 'cod player' as sion calls it. ;)

Oh I do, I just never expected it would have Operation Flashpoint in the title. :p

Oh I do, I just never expected it would have Operation Flashpoint in the title. :p

Lol, But yes. The gameplay might end up being fun, and 'tactical'. But, ehhh, Not too convinced. It's definantly looking like a 'fun' game. But ... What is fun?

I actually believe that we are looking through a camera lens, when Sion got shot (around 4:53) you see some strange visual distortion appearing as if it was some sort of live stream going on.

Edited by ParaGraphic L

Yeah, it's been said before that they wanted a "through the lens" experience this time.

I still don't get why they don't go with the normal "what the solider can actually see" experience. i guess the "lens" idea lets them show off some neat visuals they have. Like the dust over screen effect, distortion effects and the lens flares. But I can't see any real reason.

Lens flares was one of major early mistakes in Americas Army project ...

at least devs there one day relealized how wrong it was and fixed it for good :D

Damn those visuals sure look good..... :rolleyes:

even on the PC version it looks flat and generic.

and i assume theres no Dx11 support.

i got to save 60 dollars for battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Damn those visuals sure look good..... :rolleyes:

Pity the textures look like they are from the 256MB VRAM era.