Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

?

Dragon Rising wasn't so bad as you all make it out to be, it has its perks. And th ME was one of them.

You have to understand that most people here don't really care if it was the greatest game ever made.

We simply consider it's release as an act of profanity.

It's hard to argue against principles.

You have to understand that most people here don't really care if it was the greatest game ever made.

You'll find that a lot of people don't have such things...

@ben:

let's not start another DR topic, shall we? This is about RR, and afaik, it won't allow mods/addons. and it won't feature a mission editor.

I find it intriguing how Codemasters produced the biggest piece of shit (OFP: DR), which I knew from the first screenshot that it is nothing special just another action shooter like Call Of Duty designed to make them a quick buck from the reputation of the name "Operation Flashpoint".

Now they are doing the same thing AGAIN, and yet people still expect something special, come on guys, use your common sense... I mean, no editor and no addon support, no custom islands, no custom missions, no custom campaigns are you kidding me?

A cow will never give you blue milk, it doesn’t matter what colour it is, Codemasters will never give you OFP, no matter what they say. :tounge_o:

This is about RR, and afaik, it won't allow mods/addons. and it won't feature a mission editor.

It will, however, have 'perks', to quote young Ben.

Like stopping power, marathon and ninja pro.

:dummy:

Yo, yo, what's up dog?! We got da B-mods in da house for da COD lovin' posse, woohoo!

Unmemorable CM dev (devoid of personality and sense of humour, strangely robotic): 'Remember, in Hard Core you don't have any HUD at all, and no braking assists on the corners. You even have to choose which suspension system to use, although we didn't have time to implement a dynamic weather system. We expect gamers to use self-control and discretion. Even though the player-character can take ten hits without dying, we expect our hard-core players will press start and return to the menu screen after being hit once or twice: you couldn't get closer to being in a Marine's boots.'

Yo, yo, what's up dog?! We got da B-mods in da house for da COD lovin' posse, woohoo!

Can someone who knows please explain what the frack is a B-mod? I just don't feel like vising CM forums at all

Unmemorable CM dev (devoid of personality and sense of humour, strangely robotic): 'Remember, in Hard Core you don't have any HUD at all, and no braking assists on the corners. You even have to choose which suspension system to use, although we didn't have time to implement a dynamic weather system. We expect gamers to use self-control and discretion. Even though the player-character can take ten hits without dying, we expect our hard-core players will press start and return to the menu screen after being hit once or twice: you couldn't get closer to being in a Marine's boots.'

:rolleyes: This is indeed exactly the way the CM is treating their few community members...i mean...WTF!

Fair point.

You'll find that a lot of people don't have such things...

@ben:

let's not start another DR topic, shall we? This is about RR, and afaik, it won't allow mods/addons. and it won't feature a mission editor.

Yes, It wont... * no comment *

It will, however, have 'perks', to quote young Ben.

Like stopping power, marathon and ninja pro.

:dummy:

Yep, B-Mods? Core Skills? I kinda get confused between them all now. It has alot of these added "perks" ... And they are perks, they improve your player and abilities.

Yep, B-Mods? Core Skills? I kinda get confused between them all now. It has alot of these added "perks" ... And they are perks, they improve your player and abilities.

Sort of like the XP in any other BF or COD game?

At least the perks in FO2 were pretty cool :) The name says it all

Fallout-2-bloody-mess.jpg

I find it intriguing how Codemasters produced the biggest piece of shit (OFP: DR), which I knew from the first screenshot that it is nothing special just another action shooter like Call Of Duty designed to make them a quick buck from the reputation of the name "Operation Flashpoint".

Now they are doing the same thing AGAIN, and yet people still expect something special, come on guys, use your common sense... I mean, no editor and no addon support, no custom islands, no custom missions, no custom campaigns are you kidding me?

A cow will never give you blue milk, it doesn’t matter what colour it is, Codemasters will never give you OFP, no matter what they say. :tounge_o:

depending on what kind of cow you are milking, there might be ways to make a cow milk turn blue:D

I found a nine minute video of gameplay from ''Operation Flashpoint'' red river.

It also says that the game wont feature competetive multiplayer, map editor and such. Don't know if it's true, but it seems to be. Doesn't really look like operation flashpoint either.

What really is weird is that they still claim that they're aiming for realism and authenticity that the series is famous for.

I believe this game will be a letdown, unfortunately.

Cheap and cheerful matey.

Have low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

How large are the maps on this thing?

Good question. According to Sion, you'll be able to go whereever you like. But I strongly doubt it. They said the same thing about dragon rising and it was a lie.

Cheap and cheerful matey.

Have low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

I guess so.. but I have to admit that they're good with marketing. Sion Lenton is pretty charismatic, even with his head constantly shaking up and down, along with his eyes, making very weird faces.

There are some things that words can't describe, for this in particular there is super face palm:

fuiwylbtptmvvpyfqo.jpg

Sort of like the XP in any other BF or COD game?

At least the perks in FO2 were pretty cool :) The name says it all

Fallout-2-bloody-mess.jpg

Yeah, That was in FO3 too. Was great fun. Who doesn't like perks like that? :D

I found a nine minute video of gameplay from ''Operation Flashpoint'' red river.

It also says that the game wont feature competetive multiplayer, map editor and such. Don't know if it's true, but it seems to be. Doesn't really look like operation flashpoint either.

What really is weird is that they still claim that they're aiming for realism and authenticity that the series is famous for.

I believe this game will be a letdown, unfortunately.

I don't think you found it, And you know its true from your trolling on the CM forums. :rolleyes:

Good question. According to Sion, you'll be able to go whereever you like. But I strongly doubt it. They said the same thing about dragon rising and it was a lie.

Infact, they said the opposite. They've specifcly said no, you can't go freeroam in RR. And they've repeated themselves multiple times.

The map itself is the same size as the DR one, IIRC. But you wont ever get to see all of it, like in DR. My guess will be alot of the map wont be used.

Yeah, That was in FO3 too. Was great fun. Who doesn't like perks like that? :D

I don't think you found it, And you know its true from your trolling on the CM forums. :rolleyes:

Infact, they said the opposite. They've specifcly said no, you can't go freeroam in RR. And they've repeated themselves multiple times.

The map itself is the same size as the DR one, IIRC. But you wont ever get to see all of it, like in DR. My guess will be alot of the map wont be used.

Well.. more precise, I was recently banned for three days for stating the same arguments while answering the same questions. I was also accused for flaming even though that's not even true. I do understand why many troll the forums; if you say one negative thing about RR, you're getting bashed. Especially by the mods, that tends to like to defend Red River no matter what.

From what I remember from some interview with Sion, he said something like ''The mountians are not just a background, you can actually go there''[/í].

However, Sion, and other people such as Helios, have also (like you said) stated that you can't freeroam. So I don't really understand what they're playing at.

Edited by Cyper

Note the MW2-style no-recoil machinegun.

And what the hell are they thinking with unlimited full heals? It's every bit as unrealistic as MW2, with the difference that it is more annoying and less immersive.

OFP is synonymous with combined arms, mission editor, huge environments and modding. So how can you call something OFP when everything that made OFP great doesn't exist in the game?

Well.. more precise, I was recently banned for three days for stating the same arguments while answering the same questions. I was also accused for flaming even though that's not even true. I do understand why many troll the forums; if you say one negative thing about RR, you're getting bashed. Especially by the mods, that tends to like to defend Red River no matter what.

From what I remember from some interview with Sion, he said something like ''The mountians are not just a background, you can actually go there''[/í].

However, Sion, and other people such as Helios, have also (like you said) stated that you can't freeroam. So I don't really understand what they're playing at.

Mods tend to do that because they've all actually played the game. Whereas we've not. :rolleyes:

OFP is synonymous with combined arms, mission editor, huge environments and modding. So how can you call something OFP when everything that made OFP great doesn't exist in the game?

Hm, Do you still need to ask this question?

Mods tend to do that because they've all actually played the game. Whereas we've not. :rolleyes:

And you consider the fact that they've played it unbiased reporting? Face it, those guys got wined and dined seduced by CM and came back "reporting" that the game is "Awesome!". Big surprise there...

They generally dont answer questions that could reflect badly on the game.

- When I asked about how could one consider the game tactical if there is random spawning I got the reply "Dont worry, you can scout" and "Most tac-gamers LIKE random spawning!!!"...really?

- When I asked if there were any non-combat animations there was zero response.

The thing is BenS, we all know that the leadup to DR was a tremendous snow-job and left most people feeling out in the cold. Watch any video of a CM dev getting questioned about the letdown of Dr and they dont even hide their shame. That being said, consumers have every right to be skeptical of their sequel and Yes Men game testers and mods dont help.

Edited by froggyluv
Emphatic capitilization!

That, and if you get a few hours playing a game. You always go away with a good feel about it. It's only once you've played it for a few days do you start to pick apart the bad parts.

So noone who's played the game will have anything bad to say, because they've not been able to play enough to determine anything yet.

New footage video

Nothing that exciting here afaic. One thing that I do like about the friendly AI is their ability to both stay oriented toward the threat direction and also move about those walls to gain LOS. I think Arma series needs to reduce the prone possibilty for this type of fighting and keep AI focused on threat direction.

Why do they insist on always showing on the easiest mode and just mentioning Hardcore...

Heres another with silly heath packs

http://www.youtube.com/Xg247

Edited by froggyluv

That doesnt look like part of a game world but more like a traditional type map. Im guessing that making a large world for a game without vehicles or freedom of movement wouldnt make much sense?

And that game mode looks rather dumb, you drop somewhere and fight several waves of respawning bots, because? Even in a game like L4D you have to go from A to B for a purpose, c'mon.. the guy on the radio says theres bad guys incoming before they even touch the ground, with only 4 people wouldnt it be better to GTFO? Bad game design...

I see the cyclic rate of the m16 is still about 1/4 of what it should be.