Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

"Editor wont load missions", lol and the response to that was its probably corrupted reinstall. that was from a topic in the codemasters forums.

Gees :j: I am so glad I stuck with BIS, not that I ever left but seriously you cannot beat an ingame editor.

I do have OFP2 and by mistake I bought it thinking it was going to be great, instead i got

:smash: WTF is this crap, and no i didn't break the monitor.

Editor is seperate from the game?!!

game seriously took F O R E V E R................................... to load anything too one serious thing I could not stand.

I had Atari games load up faster then that!

Played once uninstalled and never touched it again, I should prob just throw it away.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks I think I'll stick to what I have been playing since 2001 ;)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

To be honest; The editor DR comes with is alot more powerful than the one with A2. The game, just doesn't support it as well as A2 does with its editor. Not to mention, full support for a fully fledged scripting language. If the game had more event handler, commands and functions to be used. And if the game supported more editing features. It could've been alot better than ArmA's editor.

Obviously, it wont be as simple, but it could do alot more if it wasn't for the game holding it back.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Funny you should mention that. I was massively tempted to post the following in this thread, What are the components of a perfect Operation Flashpoint?,

- Someone else developing it.

...but I fear the community's 10 or so members might have jumped down my throat.

I agree completley.

To be honest; The editor DR comes with is alot more powerful than the one with A2. The game, just doesn't support it as well as A2 does with its editor. Not to mention, full support for a fully fledged scripting language. If the game had more event handler, commands and functions to be used. And if the game supported more editing features. It could've been alot better than ArmA's editor.

I don't know how you could say that when OFP/ArmA/Arma 2's editor's potential has only ever really been fully tapped into once, and DR's... Hasn't, and probably won't ever be. Island War is no where near as complex as Abandoned Armies. In fact, Island War may be DR's editor's fullest potential, as you have nothing else to gauge it on, heh.

Right, so its not better at all? Is that what your saying?

It has potential but the game itself is shite and can't support its own editor?

I hear urine as a beverage has potential but I couldn't be bothered to find out.

I hear urine as a beverage has potential but I couldn't be bothered to find out.

http://i.imgur.com/AHFmr.jpg :D

Didnt they say RR was going to be better than DR? It looks like the exact same game... that non animated med pack looks kinda disturbing.

So they took out the vehicles, the editor, adversarial MP modes.. the tether is still there and the game plays the same as DR (wich everyone hated).

So.. what did they change and improve? :confused: .

There are enough people who buy games only because of advertisement, previews and ratings...

Don't underestimate the power of good marketing & public relation! ;)

I don't know how you could say that when OFP/ArmA/Arma 2's editor's potential has only ever really been fully tapped into once, and DR's... Hasn't, and probably won't ever be. Island War is no where near as complex as Abandoned Armies. In fact, Island War may be DR's editor's fullest potential, as you have nothing else to gauge it on, heh.

But what that mission can do, is caused by what the game will allow you to do. Not because of the editor itself. Which then destroys your point trying to outdo mine.

Not as it is, The game just doesn't hold up to the editor at all. IF ArmA's editor supported real-time editing, and fully intergrated 3d editing as well.. Then it would outdo DR's.

I would really like to see a DR style editor go into an ArmA project. Not as a swap for the one already there. But as an extra.

But what that mission can do, is caused by what the game will allow you to do. Not because of the editor itself. Which then destroys your point trying to outdo mine.

Your point makes absolutely no sense in the first place.

You're basically saying the DR editor is better because it could potentially have more features if only the game had more features. Well, right back at you.

Edited by Deadfast

To be honest; The editor DR comes with is alot more powerful than the one with A2. The game, just doesn't support it as well as A2 does with its editor.

What have you been smoking? Still sucking on CMs dirty socks?

Not to mention, full support for a fully fledged scripting language. If the game had more event handler, commands and functions to be used. And if the game supported more editing features. It could've been alot better than ArmA's editor.

There is a lot of IFs, plus a lot of things listed where obviously DR is lacking

Obviously, it wont be as simple, but it could do alot more if it wasn't for the game holding it back.

SO, you are trying to say that the DR editor developed for DR could have been better if DR would support it better? :rolleyes: o'Rly?

How do you know if it would be up to par with A2 editor? You cannot but assume that it would support more than it has, since you got no evidence to backup your statement

Come on ben, grow up already!

Your point makes absolutely no sense in the first place.

You're basically saying the DR editor is better because it could potentially have more features if only the game had more features. Well, right back at you.

You've lost me now.

All I said was that DR didn't have many features (like scripting features, such as event handlers and commands) and physical features. Whereas ArmA does.

You: DR editor is better because it can do more.

Zipper5: No, OFP/ArmA/Arma 2 editor can do more.

You: DR editor is better because it could do more if DR itself could do more.

Me: That's nonsense.

To be honest; bwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiibbbbbbblllllleeeee......

thumb_Do_The_Herp-A-Derp.jpg

If you want 3D real-time editing in Arma 2, I can think of at least two mods you can download that let you do just that.

If the OpFail mission editor is more powerful, where are the fast-roping mods, the completely overhauled aircraft missile and chaff systems? Where are the masses of story-driven single-player and coop campaigns created by users? Where are the built-in modules that allow you to randomly generate a settlement using any buildings you choose, then specify how many of them will be damaged, how far apart they are and what proportion of street-furniture there is? Where are the realistic artillery modules - wherein the shells are actually launched by artillery pieces that can be destroyed by the enemy? Where are the user-made working nuclear warheads? Where is the NPC conversation system (don't link me to the crud that someone who doesn't yet need to shave knocked up on and released on their forum, for pity's sake)? Where is the dynamic weather? Where are the trees that actually fall-over when you roll a tank into them?

Come back and whinge about the power of Bis' editor when you can provide links to at least one sophisticated campaign you've personally made that pushes it to its limits. There are members of this community (not me, for damn sure) who have stretched it as far as it will go - you don't hear them complaining about it, and not one of them has voiced a single positive sentiment about CM's editor.

Remember that Arma 2 with extended armor is basically the same if you're a medic or close to one. ;)

Extended armor are for losers, we play it on vet mode:p

[ ... ]

Seriously, the whole point i was making is that the game (NOT the editor, as thats just an app) can't do those things and doesn't have support. Whereas ArmA2 does.

So whats your point? You're argueing the same as me, but trying to be against me? You've all confused me.

I've been saying that DR can't do this, so you come back at me with an arguemnet saying exacly the same thing I just said as an arguement against me.

No theres none of that, Because the game wont allow us to do it. It doesn't have support for it. Hence why the editor is seen as bad. As people are looking at what you see ingame, rather than what you see editor wise. And I know there's a few 3d mockup editors. But nothing that could beat a full 3dimensional editor by BIS.

Where is the NPC conversation system (don't link me to the crud that someone who doesn't yet need to shave knocked up on and released on their forum, for pity's sake)?

What are you talking about? Conversation systems are built in? Or do you mean talking to NPC's via a menu. Today, via a "module" script that could be done.

What crud? :confused:

It's really not all that great, at all.

So whats your point? You're argueing the same as me, but trying to be against me? You've all confused me.

I've been saying that DR can't do this, so you come back at me with an arguemnet saying exacly the same thing I just said as an arguement against me.

Ummm, you started the confusion when you posted this.

Now, you can let it go and stop trying to say that a game with half the capabilities is possibly better than one that actually has them.

Or we can go on and on about something that is neither here nor there.

In the end CM are developing Failpoint for cash and cash alone.

Right. Anyone for a glass of warm urine?

I was talking about the Out of game app. Not the game itself.

Which is quite ironic considering RR doesn't even have that.

I was talking about the Out of game app. Not the game itself.

Which is quite ironic considering RR doesn't even have that.

i·ro·ny

1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]

1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!†when I said I had to work all weekend.

Why do you consider the DR editor superior? Better language?

That amongst a few other things.

i·ro·ny

1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]

1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!†when I said I had to work all weekend.

Yeah, how I'm talking about DR's editor. When RR (The threads topic) hasn't even got one to compare to.

It could've been alot better than ArmA's editor.

Is this some kind of sick last-ditch act of desperation to try and pretend that Dragon Rising wasn't a complete failure?

Is this some kind of sick last-ditch act of desperation to try and pretend that Dragon Rising wasn't a complete failure?

?

Dragon Rising wasn't so bad as you all make it out to be, it has its perks. And th ME was one of them.