Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

regarding FADE:

DR doesn't even come with a cd key, or online activation, or any other sort of protection. My brother who bought it(and sold it soon after) was like "hey, where is my CD key?" isn't that suppose to be on the manual or alike?

Actually pufu is 100% right, Pulverizer. He didn't say the game lacked copy protection. He says that it lacked a CD key, and that it did, which totally pissed off the paying customers since it meant that every single pirate had the same access to online multiplayer as they did.

Emphasis added.

Looks like certain people want to exacerbate the percieved "conflict" between the two communities. First they tried trolling on this side, now they're switching it around and pretending to be BIS forum users over at CM. I really wouldn't be surprised if it is being done by the same people. :rolleyes:

He didn't say the game lacked copy protection.

English, good sir. Do you speak it?

"DR doesn't even come with a cd key, or online activation, or any other sort of protection." (emphasis added)

Copy protection is clearly a sort of protection.

English, good sir. Do you speak it?

"DR doesn't even come with a cd key, or online activation, or any other sort of protection." (emphasis added)

Copy protection is clearly a sort of protection.

Indeed. And RR will ship with a pack of condoms to compliment it ;)

Looks like certain people want to exacerbate the percieved "conflict" between the two communities. First they tried trolling on this side, now they're switching it around and pretending to be BIS forum users over at CM. I really wouldn't be surprised if it is being done by the same people. :rolleyes:

Ah-ahh...one wonders if this could be part of a future marketing strategy. Kind of like the god awful Saints Row2 ads referring to GTA IV.

Fuck yes...we don't want 'em breeding now do we!

---------------------

Another gem from "The Truth":

I truly believe that RR can be the game that DR tried to be and more.....

I think the RR forums should relocate to Something Awful.

Edited by Bascule42

"red river" and condoms ...... ohhh the memories.

:o

Actually pufu is 100% right, Pulverizer. He didn't say the game lacked copy protection. He says that it lacked a CD key, and that it did, which totally pissed off the paying customers since it meant that every single pirate had the same access to online multiplayer as they did.

And the servers were and still are a ghost town.

Says a lot about the game when even those guys don't care to play it.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427416-lets-put-new-spin.html#post6484105

Heh, seems some people over there are very susceptible to trolls. I actually look forward to seeing the mindf*ck. :D

Edit: Even the mods now. :eek:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/421698-gunships-13.html#post6484623

Edit #2: Lol, and now it's Ben's turn. Man, this guy is good!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427416-lets-put-new-spin.html#post6484823

Seriously Ben, I'd have thought you'd read here first. :p

Lol, someone's trolling me over on the DR forums. Either that or it's quite coincidental for him to have chosen the same name. :D

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/421698-gunships-13.html#post6483165

This is my account, but it's been shadow-banned since back in the DR days (I can post, but no one will see them):

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/members/zipper5-2973071.html

Edited by Zipper5

I've never seen so many words wasted on such a crappy game by customers that have either accepted that they will get a crappy game that is DR - the last remaining features that tried to imitate the real OFP (especially those that keep getting raped by CM and it's employees over and over again), or that are just CM employees ordered to hype up the game. With people that make 1-3000 posts in a single month, I don't doubt that they've employed some "fans" from their marketing department to hype the game.

I like how the attitude is that "we should just accept it and see what it will become", does this mean then that we should actually cheer on companies that take old franchises regardless of what they are and turn them into something else that made them great from the start?

That we should speak highly of the company after having screwed over their community and that we should cheer them on to continue doing so? Have they no dignity?

"Sorry guys but we're taking out jets, helicopters, civilians, making the maps much smaller, removing any chances of pvp, removing thermals and the mission editor, also oxygen and textview 2 are longer supported so there will be no new addons or texture changes" I'm pretty sure if BIS did that many of us would be breaking out the torches and pitchforks.

Edited by NodUnit

I agree, these guys are far too easily won over by shysters. A recent example would be that now a random forum member, a moderator and Ben himself have all been fooled by the guy pretending to be me. When something like that happens it becomes all too clear why they just keel over and let the frauds do whatever they want and still get their money. :rolleyes:

Interesting 'blog by an ex-RTW dev about the errors he perceived were made in the dev-cycle of APB: http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong/ Some very different issues to CM, but also some similarities. Speaking of gamers being easily won over by shysters...

'Press interest was built by incredibly elaborately-constructed demos, choreographed with clockwork precision. Our team of QA ninjas trained night and day so as to be able to act out the same scripted combat scenario on demand (they were actually pretty impressive to watch doing this!). At first, the press would just watch these sessions as examples of “live†gameplay. Later, they’d be allowed to join in, but would be so outnumbered by our staff that they would be forced to stay on the rails of our script.'

No, that there is most likely a false rumour spread by codemasters to make the game seem popular. It is just not believable.

Downloads= Steams sale of Dragon Crap $4 Foot Rong

and Bittorrent.

CM "Genius at play" LAWL

Very interesting read, Richey79. Sounds like APB was quite the disaster, but I think the whole dead-after-90-days sums it up just as well. Just like DR, in fact. These games dying so early on show that there were some severe internal issues in the companies that weren't at all being communicated, either deliberately or by accident.

Though, in the case of Codemasters and DR, I'd hedge my bets on intentional. :rolleyes:

I agree, these guys are far too easily won over by shysters. A recent example would be that now a random forum member, a moderator and Ben himself have all been fooled by the guy pretending to be me. When something like that happens it becomes all too clear why they just keel over and let the frauds do whatever they want and still get their money. :rolleyes:

lol, its not you? right..... ;)

What's the benefit of me trolling the CM forums? It's just some guy having a laugh, and he's not actually doing a bad job. He's got all of you guys confused. Even Zarif, a moderator. :p

As I said before, I was shadow-banned a long time ago. I'd probably have been insta-banned by Helios if I was to re-register, especially when all he's done is put a space between Zipper and 5, so Helios obviously knows that's not me. ;)

Wow, all this shit makes me care even less about BOTH "communities." Buncha stupid dinnies the lot of ya'.

Wow, all this shit makes me care even less about BOTH "communities." Buncha stupid dinnies the lot of ya'.

Nah, I think us over here are passionate about OFP, and those over there are passionate about Codemasters. When a company takes a franchise people are passionate about in a radically different (and obviously worse, in this case. Even those over there admit it, but have still backed off for whatever reason...) direction, there's going to be tempers flaring. It's not the first time it's happened and, unfortunately, it won't be the last. Not unless simulations somehow become more popular than they are now. :p

wow that was uncalled for...

Hi troll, nice day for trolling yeah? :shine:

Nah, I think us over here are passionate about OFP, and those over there are passionate about Codemasters. When a company takes a franchise people are passionate about in a radically different (and obviously worse, in this case. Even those over there admit it, but have still backed off for whatever reason...) direction, there's going to be tempers flaring. It's not the first time it's happened and, unfortunately, it won't be the last. Not unless simulations somehow become more popular than they are now. :p

It's not just that, there is alot more going on here than just the title and name, there is alot of ill business practice and promoting of that practice. I'm over the name, what I'm not over is the people standing behind this title because it is behaviour such as theirs that is promoting companies to do things like this.

I'm not sure how RR will turn out, im not sure if CM listened to us in the respect of not setting their bar too high.

I'm not sure on anything, except its not going to have a long life.

That said, I'm going to wait for it. Well, Whilst I wait for an upgrade on my PC, at which point its A2 all round. :D