Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Anyone else think the new mission editor tutorials for Arma 2 are BIS once more shoving it up CM's ass? :D

Anyone else think the new mission editor tutorials for Arma 2 are BIS once more shoving it up CM's ass? :D

Did i miss that one :confused:

EDIT : haha, just saw Placebo post about it !

Well played Sirs, well played

:p

The dust bin name on second videos desktop is a bit over the top imho, as was the queen, too :crazy:

ROFL!

I didn't realize the Recycle Bin's name! That is awesome! :D

As a side note I think, frankly, it's entirely just for BIS to fling shit at CM after what they're doing to their community. BIS put in a lot of hard work after OFP's release, and continue to do so to this day, making the name synonymous with excellent community support. In the span of two games that reputation has been completely undone. Worse still, the OFP name still stands on Cold War Crisis, Red Hammer, Resistance and Elite, and they will forever be associated with these hunks o' junk simply because of the brand. The average person will go "Hey, if Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising sucks, and it was made after Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, I'm not even going to waste my time with the original! It can't possibly be better, as surely the intention of sequels is to improve upon the existing formula?" and won't even know how to tell between a publisher and developer, let alone know that DR was developed by the original's publisher, not by it's developer. Even BIS' ArmA series will suffer as a result.

So BIS, fling away! ;)

Edited by Zipper5

The dust bin name on second videos desktop is a bit over the top imho, as was the queen, too :crazy:
well the expansion pack was baf afterall.

But the Newcastle f.c. coat of arms with a 9 on it. Refering back to the shearertron 9-0. Would someone please care to explain? :p

But the Newcastle f.c. coat of arms with a 9 on it. Refering back to the shearertron 9-0. Would someone please care to explain? :p

Placebo is a big fan of the Magpies ;)

I´m not looking forward to seeing Angela Merkels boobs all over the next BWMod promos.

But we are going a bit offtopic :p

I´m not looking forward to seeing Angela Merkels boobs all over the next BWMod promos.

But we are going a bit offtopic :p

In that case, I want an Aussie forces DLC pack! :ok:

-------

EDIT: Back OT...(ish).

Over in general there is a thread about someones gun sight disapprearing, one of the replies contains a link to the BIS Wiki on FADE. In that article is a link to CM's press release on FADE. Now we all know who built the FADE copy protection system, and we all know it is still in use in Arma 2, just not officially called FADE. But even 9 an half years ago CM were giving it the Billy Bullshit with this line:

"Codemasters has equipped Operation Flashpoint with embedded coding that can recognise the difference between counterfeit and real copies of the game's CD".

and this:

"we are building Operation Flashpoint to include FADE as a second level deterrent"

Linkage

WTF? What else have CM done? Found the Higgs Bosun? Cured cancer? Made a decent FPS? I've never known a company take the piss so much as these arseholes. (And that's from someone who was once a customer of British Gas).

Edited by Bascule42

In that case, I want an Aussie forces DLC pack! :ok:

-------

EDIT: Back OT...(ish).

Over in general there is a thread about someones gun sight disapprearing, one of the replies contains a link to the BIS Wiki on FADE. In that article is a link to CM's press release on FADE. Now we all know who built the FADE copy protection system, and we all know it is still in use in Arma 2, just not officially called FADE. But even 9 an half years ago CM were giving it the Billy Bullshit with this line:

"Codemasters has equipped Operation Flashpoint with embedded coding that can recognise the difference between counterfeit and real copies of the game's CD".

and this:

"we are building Operation Flashpoint to include FADE as a second level deterrent"

Linkage

WTF? What else have CM done? Found the Higgs Bosun? Cured cancer? Made a decent FPS? I've never known a company take the piss so much as these arseholes. (And that's from someone who was once a customer of British Gas).

You're bitching over something that happened 9 years ago? :confused:

Pattern of behavior. It shows that they've always been making other people's achievements seem like their own.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe Codemasters actually developed FADE, but I guess they don't use it at all anymore. CM was a completely different company back then - they actually seemed interested in quality games and serving their customers. Heck, Red Hammer was... Decent, but Gold Upgrade itself was pretty good. The voice acting also seems to have been provided by CM (which is why they couldn't use it in OFP:E). I guess management changed, and I bet that was one of possibly many reasons BIS severed their contract.

CM today are just a pale shadow of what they were back then, but this isn't exactly something I've only just found out. They've been producing major suckage for many years now, but only recently making my favorite game series of all time majorly suck. :(

Meh, once more we will predict the downfall of CM's failed OFP project, and once more we will be correct to the T. Though I won't deny it being easy to predict, it just seems to elude the more easily persuaded (or is warped a better word) over on their forums, namely two people (one of them signed up in August and has over 1,000 posts. What the f*ck? :eek: I remember looking on the CM forums once and he was the most recent poster on every thread on the first page). He appears to be in possession of material we don't, or is just incredibly optimistic to the point of being irrational or even naive. The other hasn't played the original OFP but believes the Mission Editor is not an integral part of OFP and is telling us to stop whining because he doesn't understand why we feel the way we do to find out a supposed OFP game won't include it.

FPDR

That is really the best way I can describe this situation. Pictures say a thousand words.

FPDR

lol just saw that mission editing tutorial. "Dragon Failing" :D

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe Codemasters actually developed FADE, but I guess they don't use it at all anymore.

Not sure about that...If CM had developed it, why would they stop using it? It's not like they don't build something and then use it to death. And isn't there a copy system present in current BI titles that works remarkably like FADE with a general deteriation of gameplay over time with copies? /shrug. I dunno...a quick Google on the subject gives mixed results. One page even claims it was developed by Macrovision!

...just making a point. Current behavoir from CM is typical of how the company works. Smoke, mirrors and misleading statements with inferences to give the impression that they created something that they had no hand in at all. "The true successor..." etc.

Im from England. I don't bitch. I moan. :rolleyes:

But you never know RR might be great. Being hand delivered by a flying demon pig who's wrapped up in his thermals because hell is having it's worst winter ever.

regarding FADE:

DR doesn't even come with a cd key, or online activation, or any other sort of protection. My brother who bought it(and sold it soon after) was like "hey, where is my CD key?" isn't that suppose to be on the manual or alike?

regarding FADE:

DR doesn't even come with a cd key, or online activation, or any other sort of protection. My brother who bought it(and sold it soon after) was like "hey, where is my CD key?" isn't that suppose to be on the manual or alike?

Sounds like the reason for the all the hype, if everyone buys it on release day, CM wont have to spend money on making/buying counterpiracy software.

After finding out how crappy it was i guess pirates didnt see the need to waste bandwith on uploading/downloading it anyways...

They still did, and it was downloaded a lot (go figure when you just... Throw your product away), but that's besides the point. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for them to drop FADE, but perhaps it is specific to the RealVirtuality engine? An engine they no longer have access to.

regarding FADE:

5 years ago I bought the GOTY edition of OFP (CWC, Red Hammer, Resistance) just to add it to my collection, the box was closed and all that but I didnt find one single cd key for the setup. It was very annoying and fustrating. I had to find a used one.And back then I didnt have internet connection.

I dont have Operation Flashpoint(the original) anymore(Me + CD's = fail) but i remember something about FADE mentioned in the opening splashscreen, but i cant remember if it was under the codemasters logo or bohemias.

They still did, and it was downloaded a lot

No, that there is most likely a false rumour spread by codemasters to make the game seem popular. It is just not believable.

Edited by Jelliz

Nah, I had checked the hits on popular sites in that field for it up to the point support was dropped. They were pretty high numbers. ;)

Alas, we shouldn't be discussing piracy, no matter if the game deserves it...

Edited by Zipper5

Nah, I had checked the hits on popular sites in that field for it up to the point support was dropped. They were pretty high numbers. ;)

No, u must be codemaster specops spy. U did gud job, maeking kewl cmapaign an all, but u busted naow.

Did u c wat i did thar?

:shine:

Alas, we shouldn't be discussing piracy, not matter if the game deserves it...

True.

meh *post changed*

Edited by NodUnit

regarding FADE:

Wrong!

The disc version has a disc check, the Steam version checks if you have the game on your Steam acc etc. It's crackable of course, like everything else, but it unarguably has copy protection.

You don't need a product key for a CD/DVD check and FADE-like delayed triggers. FADE in OFP simply looked if the executable has been modified to bypass the CD check, not whether you are using a pirated or invalid CD key. (invalid key would immediately halt the game, not trigger FADE)

Actually pufu is 100% right, Pulverizer. He didn't say the game lacked copy protection. He says that it lacked a CD key, and that it did, which totally pissed off the paying customers since it meant that every single pirate had the same access to online multiplayer as they did.