killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Here's the promised 0.7.10 test version (build 167), containing important fixes.

Available with the about to be released ACE 1.12 Update 1 on SU.

And made available to you for normal download

If all goes well, this version will become 0.7.10 stable early next week.

New version available below.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy,

small issue, just doing some tests with a project.

And i was testing Arma2 alone and my RPt is getting spammed with error messages:

=====================================================================

== E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe

== "E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

Exe timestamp: 2011/10/08 08:32:13

Current time: 2011/10/08 09:31:04

Version 1.10.80665

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class RscListBox->RscIGUIListBox, by extended_eventhandlers\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer/Controls/CA_ValueSessions/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[134,34.05,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.0"]

Error in expression <_FULL = [];

{ SLX_XEH_OTHER_EVENTS_FULL set [_forEachIndex, format["Extended_%1_>

Error position: <set [_forEachIndex, format["Extended_%1_>

Error Type Any, expected Number

the main error message to many to list is almost the same line but different numbers of this line:

Error in expression <_FULL = [];

{ SLX_XEH_OTHER_EVENTS_FULL set [_forEachIndex, format["Extended_%1_>

Error position: <set [_forEachIndex, format["Extended_%1_>

Error Type Any, expected Number

File extended_eventhandlers\init_pre.sqf, line 88

end of the RPT:

[135,39.992,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba_a2","cba],[[[0,7,0,6],-1],[[0,7,10,167],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[135,40.013,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false,1,1]"]

I was going to post a issue on Dev heaven but not sure if this is a bug or not in CBA.

Hi Sickboy,

small issue, just doing some tests with a project.

And i was testing Arma2 alone and my RPt is getting spammed with error messages:

the main error message to many to list is almost the same line but different numbers of this line:

end of the RPT:

I was going to post a issue on Dev heaven but not sure if this is a bug or not in CBA.

Thanks!

Here you go, fix included: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25282#change-112556

Oh! great, thank you Sickboy.

For an error or issue like that in the future how would i title a new issue on dev heaven?

I suggest a version bump in SU, so everyone becomes aware of the update, because that 0.7.10 - 0.8.0 version mismatch message in game was a bit confusing :)

Sickboy.

reporting some CBA activity.

heres my RPt:

== E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe
== "E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2
Exe timestamp: 2011/10/08 08:32:13
Current time:  2011/10/10 06:00:17

Version 1.10.80665
[134,34.01,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.1"]
[134,34.251,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[134,34.273,0,"MISSINIT","intro","utes",false,true,false,"CACHE ENABLED? (XEH, Generic Compile, Function Compile)",[true,true,true],"Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo"]
[134,35.678,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[135,38.995,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[135,39.167,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba_a2","cba"],[[[0,7,0,6],-1],[[0,8,0,167],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[135,39.189,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false,1,1]"]
[11158,272.909,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.1"]
[11158,272.915,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[11158,272.916,0,"MISSINIT","Flight%20test","utes",false,true,false,"CACHE ENABLED? (XEH, Generic Compile, Function Compile)",[true,true,true],"Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo"]
[11158,272.993,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[11160,276.395,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[11160,276.436,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba_a2","cba"],[[[0,7,0,6],-1],[[0,8,0,167],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[11160,276.457,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false,1,2]"]

Those are not errors Gunter, they're simply messages to help debug XEH and CBA if something goes wrong. :)

Not just CBA/XEH, they add useful information, for the user or when RPT's are submitted for bug reports, e.g for ACE, or other mods and even missions.

Mods and versions are included, and state information.

We do this already since the first version of CBA.

There's an optional disable logging pbo available, but we will not provide support if this is used.

Edited by Sickboy

What are you trying to say with the report Gunter??
I think he mean that the rpt have to be for Errors only and not (or not in a normal non-debug-mode) it have to use for regular outputs. :rolleyes:

I think the rpt gets very very huge if every addon do the same way. ;)

I'd agree but CBA is very important to a lot of addons/missions so IMO takes precedence.

You can disable with a simple addon:

diagnostic_disable_xeh_logging/config.cpp

It be useful to see part of the next release in an optional folder or outside the addons

folder and signed with the CBA key for people to be able to use it in MP too.

I think he mean that the rpt have to be for Errors only and not (or not in a normal non-debug-mode) it have to use for regular outputs. :rolleyes:

I think the rpt gets very very huge if every addon do the same way. ;)

We're talking about low level useful system information, and the rpt is the only place to write information to.

Perhaps instead write a CIT suggestion ticket to improve the rpt / logging capabilities in the game?

We already have too few info often in the RPT, now you get:

• Which mission and island
  • What type is the machine in the current mission (Dedicated Server, Dedicated Client or ingame server (Server+Client) etc)
  • Markers in the log that tell you when a state was started and exited (and thus indication at what stage an error occurred)
  • Indication of diag_tickTime, time and frames spent per state
  • Version numbers of mods (and in MP also the Server's list) - Anyone can enable this for their addon
  • Various CBA/XEH system info

This gives useful insight especially when tracing multiplayer issues.

Enabling such logging 'after the fact' is most of the time not helpful / meaningful.

A few lines in the rpt doesn't hurt anyone, and "If every addon do the same way" seems a rather useless statement, and "Huge" is relative.

Also there's the optional addon to disable it, if you really want to.

"Only for errors" seems incorrect too - there's plenty of info in the RPT that isn't an error. For instance, the path to exe, startup parameters, game version, etc.

:)

Edited by Sickboy

What are you trying to say with the report Gunter??

Never said it was a problem it just seems like alot going on, not sure if its a problem with CBA or what,

but Im getting that just from running vanilla Arma2.

I'm still learning more about the scripting and function of things in the game from behind the scenes.

I understand what some errors are and why they are generated, be it mission specific where there is a dependency or some other things.

As for Cba seeing alot of code just makes me wonder whats going on, and like the last time I reported there was something wrong,

so im just doing my part and reporting what i found thats all.

With regards to the CBA versioning, is it really as simple as those few lines in the CfgPatches entry?

With regards to the CBA versioning, is it really as simple as those few lines in the CfgPatches entry?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish with it. Some entries go to CfgPatches, some to CfgSettings : CBA.

Check out http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Versioning_System

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

I've cleaned the docu a little up, and added the optional "main_addon" property, which will be available at the next dev-build, and already available as seperate package and as hotfix on SU (need to run Verify and Repair on the CBA modfolder): http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25356#change-112825

I have a few questions about cba_fnc_taskDefend

What does "Building Size Threshold" mean in the script?

Does "can patrol" do something? When I put 1/true as a 5th variable soldiers still take positions in buildings and move nowhere from them

Is it possible to feed the script a form of a marker (like in UPSMON), not just radius from its central position?

I have a few questions about cba_fnc_taskDefend

What does "Building Size Threshold" mean in the script?

Does "can patrol" do something? When I put 1/true as a 5th variable soldiers still take positions in buildings and move nowhere from them

Is it possible to feed the script a form of a marker (like in UPSMON), not just radius from its central position?

Building must have at least that many positions to be considered (integer, default 2).

When "can patrol" param is true: if less than half of group's units have occupied static positions, they will patrol the zone instead. If you want a patrol, use the CBA patrol function instead.

Third question, no, but you can read position and marker size and feed those to the CBA function.

Edited by Robalo

Any chance someone could upload the latest CBA (Build 168) ?

As I can't seem to download it from the ACE 1.12 Update 2 page on DevHeaven and we don't use SixUpdater [fireproof suit/on]

Any chance someone could upload the latest CBA (Build 168) ?

As I can't seem to download it from the ACE 1.12 Update 2 page on DevHeaven and we don't use SixUpdater [fireproof suit/on]

Im sure at least one person can grab it from SU and distribute it to the rest.

Otherwise the next Stable is coming soon.