killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Yes if i put that in a trigger or init line of the unit it reports type script, expected nothing.

I don't understand how i'm supposed to use it, for me it would make sense to use the call command instead of spawn.

Use a dummy variable like so:

dummy = [someGroup] spawn CBA_fnc_searchNearby;

hummm should i put a handler there?

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

ah ok

lol

my bad thanks sickboy

Not sure what you mean.

For generic scripting assistance perhaps write a thread in the Editing section with an overview of what you want to achieve.

Update; oh ok :)

I have not tested yet, but do you use v2 signatures?

I want to move over to v2 on my dedicated servers, but this is depending on the addons.

And is 0.7.5 a long way to be finished?

Dev releases on SU already have v2 yep.

RC4 will be out tomorrow, hopefully turning into Stable.

~300 byte signs is v1, and ~500 byte signs is v2.

Latest CBA stable build is available with the just released ACE 1.11 Stable; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122193

The build is equal to the ongoing development build available on Six Updater.

(Changelog @ http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/changelog/973db6b6-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d)

Official CBA package will soon follow, but content is equal.

Edited by Sickboy

Brilliant!

Been waiting months for this to go stable.

Anyone got a direct download? e.g. devheaven, Armaholic, Armed Assault, etc.

Yea took a while, wanted to release previous versions but everytime we came across some important fixes/changes that needed to be included :)

As said, it's available with ACE 1.11; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_11#Downloads and on Six Updater (CBA_OA and A2 haven't changed),

until the official CBA package is ready, later today / tomorrow.

Edited by Sickboy

CBA v0.7.6 officially released!

http://dev-heaven.net/news/622

Note: This version is equal to the version released with ACE 1.11 Stable (CBA was wrongly tagged 0.7.5 instead of 0.7.6),

in addition this release contains official CBA_0-7-6 bikey and bisigns.

Thanks and congratz :)

Hi - quick question on the CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction command...

If I call addaction using a regular add action...

ammoBoxAction = _target addAction ["Drop Ammo", "JedScripts\dropAmmoBox.sqf"];

Then, in the called script (dropAmmoBox.sqf) I have target, caller, ID and arguments available to me using _this select 0 etc. I need to know some of these values in my called script.

If I make the same call but using CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction...

ammoBoxAction = [["Drop Ammo", "JedScripts\dropAmmoBox.sqf"]] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction;

Are any values passed to my SQF by the CBA function? The docs don't mention that any are passed, but then again they don't say that none are!

I was looking for a smart way of avoiding having to set up Actions after a re-spawn in a multiplayer mission I am building at the moment. But I really need to know the target, caller and ID of the action in some of the actions I am setting up.

Cheers in advance...

EDIT ----->

Ok, some quick hints and I have answered my own question. It seems the values are passed, however the _id is not the same as the id returned by the CBA function. Is this correct?

Edited by Jedra
Update to Question

Works just the same Jedra:

actionIndex = [["List favorite things", "yummy.sqf", ["cookies","milk"]]] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction;

hint format["Obj: %1 User: %2 Act: %3 array: %4",_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3];

Result:

Obj: myunit User: myunit Act: 1 array: ["cookies","milk"]

Works just the same Jedra:

actionIndex = [["List favorite things", "yummy.sqf", ["cookies","milk"]]] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction;

hint format["Obj: %1 User: %2 Act: %3 array: %4",_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3];

Result:

Cool thanks for the confirmation. I guess that the ID of the CBA function was never going to be the same as that passed through to the called code. I have it working now, so that's great.

CBA v0.7.6 officially released!

http://dev-heaven.net/news/622

Note: This version is equal to the version released with ACE 1.11 Stable (CBA was wrongly tagged 0.7.5 instead of 0.7.6),

in addition this release contains official CBA_0-7-6 bikey and bisigns.

Thanks mate!

Hi Sickboy

Could you explain to me what really happens if the server and some clients rund CBA, but lets say, 2 clients DON'T use CBA?

What does it do to missions and addons?

I just want to know if that "destroy" the missions we are playing?

Shouldn't destroy the mission, but the users will just receive an informational message about the missing addon.

Only if you use addons/missions that require CBA network functionality, somethings might not work well for the users without it.

ok, so it's ONLY going to affect those that don't have CBA loaded and not all others?

I'm I correct?

Yep. And only if there is CBA network functionality required by used mission/addons.