killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

If you have a new CBA version right for you install type it should work (see readme.txt in cba folder for details). What might happen is that certain modpacks you use have CBA inside but these versions get outdated, maybe searching these folders and removing all CBA files inside and only running a seperate CBA folder might solve this problem?

Thanks for your suggestion, I searched my root folder for "cba" and couldn't find any outside of the main CBA folder.

Incidentally, everything seems to run fine after the error happens, as far as I can tell. It's just annoying.

Could you remove all addons other than CBA and see what happens. Then add the addons back one at a time until the error happens.

i need a link as the one on the first page gives an error 403 or something simlar and says im not authorised to access it

I got the same 'Error 403' message as Big Man, and Lonestar's link gives the screen below, but when I click on 7.3 it won't give me a 'download' button so I'm stuck-

dfg.jpg

0.7.3 loads w/error msg in vanilla Arma2. (CBA&CBA_A2)

unsure with what impact on CBA-related aspect of gameplay.

Edited by BasileyOne

0.7.4 planned for coming week.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17470

If still issues, please create a ticket with exact details like your rpt file, error message etc.

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

I got the same 'Error 403' message as Big Man, and Lonestar's link gives the screen below, but when I click on 7.3 it won't give me a 'download' button so I'm stuck-

Clicked on the actual archives? Works fine here?

Otherwise here's a mirror; http://www.multiupload.com/CJMABWBZWM

Edited by Sickboy

Anyone with power to edit the CBA wiki:

Fixed - the documentation page will be updated when we build 0.7.4.
i need a link as the one on the first page gives an error 403 or something simlar and says im not authorised to access

it

The download link broke during a recent dev-heaven.net upgrade. Fixed now.

What the fuck?

I'm trying to play on the Kellys heroes Invasion 1944 server and if I have CBA at the newest version installed correctly I can't join.

If I take it away I can join the server but get booted out.

How do I install CBA so this shit doesn't happen?

I downloaded it from Armaholic, not up to date maybe?

Also, I get lots of CBA errors on different servers.

Edit. Is 0.7.4 the newest version?

Anyone know if KH runs on an older version?

Edited by Archosaurusrev

From the I44 thread, you can join their server correctly with Six Updater: sixupdater://dl.kellys-heroes.eu/i44_server.yml (link works after installing and starting the updater at least once)

For questions/details contact Kellys-Heroes.

There's no official 0.7.4 release yet - only dev-builds, KH runs latest dev-build from Six Updater.

Will be released as official 0.7.4 in some days.

Edited by Sickboy

Yeah, I did that. Works perfect now.

I went on the damn server with no CBA to ask :D.

Thanks for answering anyways.

Hi CBA team,

I'm posting here to ask you for some help.

I'm working on improving my All Round Defence addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111092 and want to add in a reloading script, so that all player controlled units reload their primary weapon and any secondary weapons & backpacks.

I've wrote the script and it works fine under all conditions without CBA. With CBA enabled, the script won't work correctly. The units will go to the required ammo source as they should, but the TAKEMAGAZINE action does not function normally. A magazine will be deleted from the ammocrate, but will not be added to the units inventory. The unit will exhaust any available mags in the ammocrate and then scan for more ammocrates. Then it's rinse and repeat until there are no magazines available in range.

I have tried various permutations like varying the ammocrates, number of units to run the script on, types of units, starting amount of ammo and player side (BLUFOR/INDY/OPOFR) but the same result occurs every time. I am only running CBA and do not need to run my own ARD addon as the reloading function is just a script I am executing from a trigger. I have tried with 1.59 and the most recent beta xx600.

I have tried call, spawn and execVM for the script, but this does not seem to influence the result.

I have looked all through here http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/overview-txt.html to see if there was something that could help, but I couldn't spot anything.

I am reticent to post the script up at this stage so that is why I didn't want to open a ticket over at DH. If you could give me some pointers or need more info, please post here/PM me.

Thanks, DA

Edited by Das Attorney

The units will go to the required ammo source as they should, but the TAKEMAGAZINE action does not function normally. A magazine will be deleted from the ammocrate, but will not be added to the units inventory. The unit will exhaust any available mags in the ammocrate and then scan for more ammocrates. Then it's rinse and repeat until there are no magazines available in range.

Would you be so nice and open a ticket at dev-heaven CBA tracker and add the script and a testmission ?

I've just checked TAKEMAGAZINE action with just OA and CBA and it was working fine, the magazine was in the inventory of the test AI after the action.

Xeno

Thanks for checking Xeno. I just tried deleting CBA and downloading fresh from six-updater in case my CBA was corrupt, but no change there.

I'll put together a sample mission and get it on DH for you. (Probably tomorrow as I'm not at my Arma computer for much longer tonight).

Edited by Das Attorney

Just found this (possibly related) issue. This user is not running CBA though, and seems to have these issues.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18810

Will check my code again before submitting a ticket. (At work now so will have to be when I get in tonight).

I have a strange issue?

I can't start Arma up as i get a error saying? :- there is an issue with the cba_help.pbo

So i re-down load cba again to see if that helps but it just won't let me delete my old cba folder or overwrite with the new one?

Any ideas?

ck

I have a strange issue?

I can't start Arma up as i get a error saying? :- there is an issue with the cba_help.pbo

So i re-down load cba again to see if that helps but it just won't let me delete my old cba folder or overwrite with the new one?

Any ideas?

ck

Did you have ArmA running when that happened? Shut down ArmA before removing files from it. (ArmA will lock the files it has opened when running, stopping you from deleting or overwriting them)

Thanks,but arma was never running :confused:

Edit:- says,

Cannot delete cba_help.pbo: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
Edited by ck-claw

Thanks,but arma was never running :confused:

Edit:- says,

Cannot delete cba_help.pbo: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

That looks like a file system error on your hard drive. (Google on the "Data error..." message and you'll find more info, then run a disk check ("chkdsk") on your computer.

That got the fooker!

Many thanks Killswitch,just did a chkdsk on my arma drive,found no errors but seem to fix it! :D

Thanks again.

ck

Thanks. Please check out the responses + workaround, thanks.

Damn you guys work fast. I added the new cba common pbo and tested it with the full script. Working great, no issues here :)

Thanks for looking into that one Sickboy et all. Much appreciated :)