killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Just a question, but what would the load order for the three CBA folders be now? @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA or what?

That's what I've been using and it seems fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out then. Kinda questioning the new three folder system, but eh. I guess it's to make things easier for those with TOH I guess.

The only thing of note is that one should always keep the CBA_UI_Helper.pbo from the CBA folder corresponding with the game exe file you are using.

So for CO, you must keep CBA_OA's cba_ui_helper pbo.

How come i get this error when ive used six updater?

Edit:- Cracking! Now can't even start the game? Sry prob the cider kicking in! :D

Edit2:- Ignore my drunken ass!! Six Updater missed the update 1st time.all good now ;)

Edited by ck-claw

@Sickboy or anyone,

What do those whop are using the old 0.24.12 version which is a web-based interface for our game-servers update and get this all going? It will disable A2 and OA, and it currently does not have the current versions which is expected based on your comments.

@Sickboy or anyone,

What do those whop are using the old 0.24.12 version which is a web-based interface for our game-servers update and get this all going? It will disable A2 and OA, and it currently does not have the current versions which is expected based on your comments.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2136126#post2136126

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

And sorted: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2136126#post2136126

I'm using the normal @CBA folder for ARMA II + Operation Arrowhead. Everytime I try to load a saved or previous mission spot I get an error message, sayin something like: "mission cannot be loaded due to missing contant: acex_ bla bla bla severel acex_ things....."

I didn't load any other mods. Any ideas? :(

I'm using the normal @CBA folder for ARMA II + Operation Arrowhead. Everytime I try to load a saved or previous mission spot I get an error message, sayin something like: "mission cannot be loaded due to missing contant: acex_ bla bla bla severel acex_ things....."

I didn't load any other mods. Any ideas? :(

If the mission requires mods, they need to be loaded to be able to play them, but also if you save missions and campaigns with addons loaded you should also load these addons if you want to load the save-games, otherwise you have to revert.

For ACE support please find; http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Support

I'm not sure what you mean, if with auto-updater you mean Six Updater - then there's nothing for the user to do but make sure they have the latest SU version that comes down through auto-self-update, and run the usual Install/Update and Launch/Shortcut actions, otherwise the updated readme assists with manual launching etc.

This is precisely what I meant, so the quote below is null and void. :D

No, end-users who follow installation instructions they are also following for 100's of other mods on a near daily basis, should experience no issues. Neither do SU users when updated and synced.

____

So the fix at this time is to add all files from both CBA_A2&CBA_OA into the CBA folder? And the next time it updates we does this again, repetitively.

No, the first quote is about Six Updater, the second quote is about users who want to manually install things.

There is nothing to fix, as there is nothing broken at this time. Unless you can clear up what is supposedly broken according to you.

If you run CO, you should use @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA (or @CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA, dont matter), either automatically through SU, or manually.

If you prefer things differently, you have the ability to combine the files into a single folder, or whatever you desire - that's up to you.

We are still not convinced combining is useful or needed, but always open to actual arguments,

regardless, you are free to combine / use it how-ever you see fit, but the consequences, good or bad, are yours :)

Edited by Sickboy

I've been talking about using SU all this time, not once about a manual install, hence why I'm still replying to you :p

No, the first quote is about Six Updater, the second quote is about users who want to manually install things.

There is nothing to fix, as there is nothing broken at this time. Unless you can clear up what is supposedly broken according to you.

If you run CO, you should use @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA (or @CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA, dont matter), either automatically through SU, or manually.

The fact that up until a couple of days ago I was only using CBA without CBA_A2 & CBA_OA, this was defined in the six updater preset, so the game was working ok with just CBA, then I updated SU and had some more updates. Since then, it now says I need to use the standalone CBA's for a CO install. Completely opposite to what it previously was, so now there is a dependency on both standalone CBA_A2/OA to use CBA even if you have CO.

I haven't played or booted SU up in a good while, so I don't know maybe this change has been round for sometime...

;2136372']The fact that up until a couple of days ago I was only using CBA without CBA_A2 & CBA_OA' date=' this was defined in the six updater preset, so the game was working ok with just CBA, then I updated SU and had some more updates. Since then, it now says I need to use the standalone CBA's for a CO install. Completely opposite to what it previously was, so now there is a dependency on both standalone CBA_A2/OA to use CBA even if you have CO.

I haven't played or booted SU up in a good while, so I don't know maybe this change has been round for sometime...[/quote']Now explain to me where you exposed a problem?

So previous months only @CBA was needed. Now @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA are needed. Whoopy, a requirement has changed :)

SU Automatically enabled them for you through the dependency management, and when you started the game through SU all 3 required modfolders were loaded,

and you can enjoy the game like you have always been able to all those months.

- Please point me to what is the problem to fix here? :)

There was a change in dependencies/requirements, SU was updated to support it, has updated your modfolders and startup parameters to support it, and everything's peachy.

Sounds like SU did it's job: the user has been comfortably migrated to the new requirements, without having to do anything else than hit update.

Edited by Sickboy

Now explain to me where you exposed a problem?

So previous months only @CBA was needed. Now @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA are needed. Whoopy, a requirement has changed :)

SU Automatically enabled them for you through the dependency management, and when you started the game through SU all 3 required modfolders were loaded,

and you can enjoy the game like you have always been able to all those months.

- Please point me to what is the problem to fix here? :)

There was a change in dependencies/requirements, SU was updated to support it, has updated your modfolders and startup parameters to support it, and everything's peachy.

Sounds like SU did it's job: the user has been comfortably migrated to the new requirements, without having to do anything else than hit update.

I guess there isn't a problem on the whole, just the dependency on two independent cba's for the original cba :p, and I don't boot up through SU, I use a mod launcher (alpinestars), which requires me to pick and choose the mods I want to use on any given day, so I can join any server, and not be kicked off for using stuff like ACE etc ;) hence I had the whole issue of not being able to start up the game, for a while.

Right, then there seems to be no actual problem

There was a change, SU supported it, showed it, updated/installed it, the readme was updated, the thread was updated with information as well, There was even an early test version release with announcement about the changes, 2 days before.

And you are free to deal with it any way you please, incl fiddling with files, merging folders and the lot :)

IMO that concludes our part :)

Lastly, if you weren't able to join "any server", and not be kicked off for running ACE, then you aren't using SU properly ;D

We can let that slide on account of SU2's 'complexity' though ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Is cba_ui_helper.pbo in CBA_OA any different from cba_ui_helper.pbo in CBA_A2?

If they are it'd be nice if they were named differently so I can merge my CBA folders and not have to change my dozens of shortcuts.

*edit*

According to hash check they are not the same.

Edited by NouberNou

They are all 3 different to coop with the different requirements for each game.

PboPrefixes are equal - only one is actually active at a time.

Merge instructions at Page 49; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=2135922&viewfull=1#post2135922

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy

I get this error with my own created mission, so I always have loaded the equal mods ;) I also tried creating a very simpel mission without any mods exapt for CBA and still get that error when trying to load or revert to a saved game :( I can't get behind why it's asking for acex_* stuff though as I don't even installed nore loaded ACE, so.....

@Sickboy

I get this error with my own created mission, so I always have loaded the equal mods ;) I also tried creating a very simpel mission without any mods exapt for CBA and still get that error when trying to load or revert to a saved game :( I can't get behind why it's asking for acex_* stuff though as I don't even installed nore loaded ACE, so.....

Would it be possible to send the Mission?

I've used the current version of Six Updater to update my @CBA folders. When starting Any mod needing @CBA, it would tell me "cannot find cba_ui_helper", then it would show the (mod's) loading screen, then CTD, with different error messages each time.......this puzzled me, so I had a look in the @CBA folder......"cba_ui_helper" wasn't in the addons folder.....looked into in the @CBA_A2 addons folder, sure enough: the "missing" .pbo(in TITLE anyway)....copy, paste....@cba enabled mod launches successfully.....dunno why....?

-baz-

edit: okay, it starts BUT there are some other warning messages, not being able to find OA content, using A2 instead....oh well!

edit: in retrospect, my post dOES look dumb....derp, and thanks

Edited by bazza_1964

Delete all the @CBA modfolders, reinstall them in SU, and launch with the correct folders enabled; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=2135662&viewfull=1#post2135662

Thank you Sickboy, I hadn't realized I had to run all 3 now(@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA), found that out last night!

thanks again

-nosplah -mod=@baz

Perhaps you haven't imagined the following scenario, which just happened to me. I use SU only for mod version management and some specific servers with custom repos. Otherwise, I launch the game by normal shortcut, and select and choose mods from in-game expansion menu... Now, after updated CBA (whose readme inside SU didn't mention anything about reversing the old way of what folders are needed for CO/A2/OA) inside SU, the game crashes when not launched from inside SU, just because in that way it only loads CBA but not the other folders now. Trying to launch the game as normal for like 5 times wondering what went wrong, studying the forums for a while to look it up, then finally finding the answer buried somewhere in page 50 of 52 page thread... So while I can perfectly understand you have changed the way so it's more convenient for you programmers writing all those really indispensable mods like CBA, please also understand that people can get kinda frustrated if suddenly their game shortcut outside of SU stops working with game crashing because of CBA error. Perhaps it shouldn't have been set to auto update in SU or optional or should be clearly told in the CBA_A2 and CBA_OA readme? Because now some of us have wasted good 30 minutes figuring what went wrong in a simple update. Mind you, the readme in SU is outdated for CBA.

No offence, of course, I am glad you all keep the excellent work of maintaining CBA and SU and such, but please if you do a such a "game changer" of reversing the old behaviour, it should be communicated more clearly, especially in the official documentation. Because the new way broke the new official BI way of launching mods (Expansion menu).

Also, now I am left with launching the game through SU only, because any other way crashes the game. And launched from SU, I can't change the Expansions ingame to include CBA_A2 and _OA which are now needed, because if using -mods (as SU does) they are greyed out... Please help. I don't want to run SU everytime I want to just run the game...

Regards!

Edited by fraczek

I was unaware of the Readme file being out of date on SU, terribly sorry for that, and perhaps explains some of the other complaints a little better.

Had I known, I would've fixed the problem on the spot. I have done so now, the readme in all modfolders has been fixed.

To retrieve, either wait for the next update, or run Verify and Repair.

Thanks for the quick response, Sickboy :-) That's a mark of good support :) I have also found where is the official Expansion menu items stored, so now I have cleared out the entries manually in notepad, and my game works as before - either through SU or normally!

NP - if anything else comes up, be sure to let us know!

Glad you sorted things out, enjoy :-)

Quick question as I'm still confused. I'm using Combined Ops (Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead). So do I need to use the @CBA folder AND the @CBA_A2 folder AND the @CBA_OA folder now? Because if that is the case, the first post in this thread needs to be updated. Also, I just downloaded CBA v0.8.3 from this page (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files) and the readme still says:

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this aswell, but only if you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation.

@CBA_A2 => Copy this if you have ArmA II but not Arrowhead.

@CBA/store/wiki.tar => Tar archive of the online wiki. This is a copy of the DevHeaven wiki at the time of release.

@CBA/store/function_library.tar => Tar archive of the the function/macro reference.

@CBA/store/keys/ => Server keys for addons.

@CBA/store/source/ => Source files for all addons.

Thank you very much in advance for the clarification. :)

EDIT: I am now realizing that Build 179 is the latest build which is currently not available on the aforementioned web page. (I do not use Six Updater)

Edited by Feint