Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'port forwarding'.
Found 4 results
Just today me and another two friends were trying to play the Apex campaing, I hosted the server and checked the UPnP box, and we could play normally, we completed the first mission no problems. After a while Steam servers went into maintenance (you know, Tuesday's maintenance), so they lost connection. I hosted the game again and one of my friends was able to join, but the other one wasn't, it's just him. When he joins, there are messages saying "connecting", then "connected" and finally it disconnects with no error. We tried restarting Steam, our PCs, changing profiles, joining while playing the mission, we also tried other game modes. I tried port forwarding and opened the following ports: 2302 2303 2304 2305 27000 27050 3478 4379 4380 2344 2345 8766 Found all of those around internet, some are from steam and others from battleye, all of them were correctly opened and I checked it using a software, also my friends can now join without using UPnP so it clearly works. I also made a ping to his IP and the packets are successfully received. After all of this, he still can't join. Have any ideas? I really want to play the campaing and other modes co-op. Note: I don't have any mods loaded, neither does him
I'm trying to set up an Antistasi server for my friends (around 3 or so) and it says to port forward 2302 and 2303. So I go and type my IP in Firefox (my ISP is Virgin Media) and I go to the options screen. No option to port forward from what I can see. I do some research and I realize that I have an IPv6 DS-Lite connection. I have no clue what that is but all I know about it means that I can't make a server for me and my friends. I'd like if someone could give me a basic rundown of what this means and can I fix it?
I'm having trouble setting up my Arma 3 server to the internet on a Windows 10 Home pc. It works perfectly on LAN connection, as I can play the mission and such. However I can't find it in the server browser nor can I direct connect to it using my router IP and not the server's local IP. I'm using TADST v3.1.0 with an Antistasi mission file and 8 mods. I don't think this is an issue with TADST because I previously had an arma 3 server setup from BI's dedicated server article ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server ) that worked online on a previous router, but when I tried it on the router I'm currently using with proper port forwarding it wouldn't show up. What's also strange is that if I host a server on another PC via Arma 3 server browser and not a dedicated server, my friends can properly see and connect to it. I tried steam's GetServersAtAddress and it returned the text below for the TADST server, so I'm confused as to why steam can see it and the arma server browser cannot. I triple checked that my ports were forwarded on my router, and I also triple checked that the ports were open through my firewall. I have ports 2302-2306 UDP, 2344 TCP/UDP, and 2345 TCP forwarded on the router and allowed through the server's firewall. I also tried disabling all the mods as well as putting no mission file in it to see if it would show up then. I've played around with UPNP both on my router and on TADST, as well as trying autoInit, persistence, and toggling on and off battleye. I've also made sure all programs and mods have been up to date. I have the RPT file but I'm not sure if there's any sensitive info in it, if that would help.
Hello, I hate asking for help but I have no other ideas left what to do. I used to be able to host missions fine for the past 3 years I've been doing it and suddenly it stopped working. I've already done some troubleshooting of my own to figure it out but nothing yielded positive results. I've checked my port forwarding and it's done correctly via the router and my IP is static on the local side of things and the ports are correctly being forwarded to the correct local ip. I've checked windows firewall settings, even removed them to allow the thing to re-acquire permission. I've reinstalled Windows 10 and Arma 3, verified Arma 3 as well. Other steam games work doing this so this problem is exclusive to Arma 3, the invite to game options from steam just say "Server not responding." and even direct connecting doesn't work, nor does my server show in the launcher. I can connect to other servers fine however. I don't know how to fix this and have been looking for a fix for a while without yielding any positive results via google or forum posts. Edit: I resolved my issue, the issue was related to a modem change from my ISP, and the modem had its own firewall settings. Call your ISP if you have exhausted all troubleshooting guides and have correctly had port forwarding set up and your issue still persists.