Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

AI Real in-game Dialog System [DSAI]

Hi,

Here is a little conversion for ArmA II of the famous and well-coded [DSAI or Chatter System] by Wolfrug and Sickboy done for ArmA I.

This Addon makes soldiers talk like in real life and according to the situations, they will shout in combat as well as they will talk calmly in IDLE situations.

It includes per default English voices to US Troops (The CDF will also probably shout in english as they belong to the same side than the US, haven't check that out yet).

Whereas, russians will obviously get russian voices.

The installation is simple, just create a MOD folder, make an 'Addons' folder within the MOD folder and put the Addon there.

Don't forget to create a shortcut.

This is a BETA so it will undoubtedly not work in MP, and the Addons aren't signed.

After all, it is meant to be played with the default campaign.

--------------------------

Download

--------------------------

All credits go to Sickboy and Wolfrug, I just converted the Addon to make it fit with the new engine.

Regards,

TB

Hey, this looks great. Just one question on the install, 'Don't forget to create a shortcut'. What shortcut should this be?

Cheers for the conversion (Y)

cheers man. I enjoy this kind of added ambiance.

Cheers for this - still haven't got the game (apparently they're not going to sell boxed versions in the nordic countries at all, the bastards, and I -want- my goddamned DVD!) so I haven't had a chance to try the conversion myself. Great to know it wasn't that hard (and thanks for doing all the hard work :p)

If signature checking works the same as in ArmA, I'll be sure to create a signed version...once I get my hands on Arma 2 from someplace. :mad: Bah!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Great idea with this addon. Thx Thunderbird :)

Put it on our modification section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

AI Real Ingame Dialog System [DSAI] by Thunderbird

Hey, this looks great. Just one question on the install, 'Don't forget to create a shortcut'. What shortcut should this be?

Cheers for the conversion (Y)

He means adding the -mod= parameter to your ARMAII shortcut.

I can't wait to try this when I get home. Thanks for the port, TB.

Abs

great ambiance again! but i feel almost dirty using it.. makes locating hidden enemy AI in urban areas really really easy :D

I JUST WET MY PANTS! I've been waiting for this since I bought ArmA2 days ago! I can't believe you converted this essential addon so quickly!

thank you, thunderbird!

Great idea with this addon. Thx Thunderbird :)

Put it on our modification section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

AI Real Ingame Dialog System [DSAI] by Thunderbird

Hey there,

Checked out your download and you list Thunderbird as the author. Might want to change that - not that I'm slavering after attention or anything, but it does help prevent confusion and misunderstanding if everything is labelled and credited correctly. So, for the record, a good author description might be:

Wolfrug & Sickboy (Port by ThunderBird)

That is all. Once again, all thanks to TB for the quick port. Will be fun to check it out myself in-game :D

Regards,

Wolfrug

Ok no problem. Is fixed.

Wonder if we need the "No-Voice" addon as well like in ArmA1? The one that removed all radio chatter voices. There is a RADIO voume slider ofcourse but ArmA1 had it too and yet we needed the addon. Does the RADIO slider set to "0" also mess with something else?

Bit confused. We all in my team used it in ArmA1 though when doing MP to only have the radio chatter as text so we could hear eachother.

Anyhoo - thanks for porting this. ;)

Alex

I remember the other version having a DTA config so you could change the cycle rate / the rate at which voices would trigger. For me they are a little frequent and not sure how to slow/spread out the timings.

Seems to be missing from this version?

dammet! I just tried to use this in the DEMO...

I dont think the DEMO allows Mod folders or anything other than stock addons in the Addons folder.

I get a message : Corrupt data detected :pet5:

thanks for this port

is there a reason you couldn't wait for and use the extended eventhandlers?

not using them causes any other addon using eventhandlers to fail

even if you add it later on, not everyone keeps an eye on the latest release of an addon and soon people are wondering why they have broken addons left and right

this is why i said no to people asking to port my nvg addon and am holding up on it

releasing an addon with behaviour that breaks stuff should atleast be mentioned in the original post so users can keep an eye on updates for when the issue gets fixed

Thanks for the mirrors, and again, I would like to point out that Wolfrug and Sickboy are the original authors of the Addon, I just ported it to ArmA II.

releasing an addon with behaviour that breaks stuff should atleast be mentioned in the original post so users can keep an eye on updates for when the issue gets fixed

There is actually almost no Addon that uses scripts, and thus Eventhandlers, therefore I didn't see the need to also convert Killswitch Extended Eventhandlers for the moment.

This will be done in an upcoming version, though.

Regards,

TB

i have installed the mod but im not sure what it does.

is it the extra chatter that u can hear OUTSIDE the comm? like men talking but not in the earpiece you wear?

cuz i think that's new to me.

Is it possible to make all the commands u hear and all the chatter u hear in the ear piece come out of soldier's mouths? so if u r not a part of a group u can still hear them talking but from afar, or even hear the enemy shouting stuff if u r close enough...

No its all the radio chatter. It removes a lot of spoken radio chatter. Read the chat to not miss anything.

Im used to the no-radio-at-all addon in ArmA1 so we can talk over VOIP or TS without haing AI shout in our ears all the bloody time.