Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Some ArmA II UH-1Y Venom in-game screenshots

... it's already too late!

Maruk here - project lead of Flashpoint since 1998 (which we signed with Codemasters in September 2000 to finally bring you our Operation Flashpoint in June 2001) and now after years, with some more grey hair on my head, project lead of ArmA II.

We were quite silent in recent months and I guess that will not change much anytime soon - busy working on ArmA II to make it as good as we can. We know ArmA was often a rough experience, especially from the beginning but we worked as hard as we could to bring you what it is now: ArmA 1.14. ArmA II development is going well and it is in many aspects a similar experience to that of developing Flashpoint - and that's also the reason why we need a bit more time so ArmA II definitely will not be released this year in any territory. Hopefully, this time will not only help us to create a much better game but also will allow the ArmA community to produce some more great content for ArmA.

It's a very exciting and challenging time for us. Please wish us luck!

Attached are some brand new ArmA II screenshots for your reference (screen grabbed on my gold old rig: Core2Duo 6750 2.66 GHz + GF8800GT/512 + 2 GB RAM):

uh1a.jpg

uh1b.jpg

hi,

thanks for your statement.

looking forward to the gc coverage and later ArmA2.

good luck.  smile_o.gif

I'm very happy to hear from BI personally again. I wish you guys best of luck for the coming months!  wink_o.gif

Thanks Maruk, It's good to know that BI are taking their time to bring out a game that looks much better than any previous game of the genre.

Wow, you took those screens on a Dual core 2.66 with a 8800GT, Thats amazing, I have just one question, Which probably shouldn't be posted here, But..

..Will ArmA 2 Take full advantage of Dual Cores unlike ArmA which only took advantage of Single cores?

I think it's been stated that a dual core is a minimum req, and is dual and quad core optimized.

I think it's been stated that a dual core is a minimum req, and is dual and quad core optimized.

Thanks Mehman. I was quite dissapointed that ArmA didn't use two cores as it came out in a time which most games were using Dual and a few Quads, But anyway..at least ArmA 2 will be taking advantage of all four cores..

Just take your time. wink_o.gif

Your last several screens look superb I have to admit. smile_o.gif

with some more grey hair on my head

You still have hair on your head ? biggrin_o.gif

(not ripped off while reading forums, or developping Arma2 ^^ ?)

Anyway, Nice shiny metal, nice game, nice team, good luck wink_o.gif

Thanks for the info Maruk!

I love the distant landscape and the 'fog' in between.

Is that soft-shadow I see in the forest or just satellite map?

The contrast on the UH-1Y is looking life-like I really love it!

Thanks for the info Maruk. It's nice to get in touch with the developers. smile_o.gif

By the way, the second screenshot looks awesome.

It's a very exciting and challenging time for us. Please wish us luck!

I know you don't really need it, with all the great support and experience you guys have.allgood.gif

Thanks for the great shots of the ArmA II UH-1Y Venom, this is my most anticipated game.

I wish you all the best!!!

You can and will make it!  wink_o.gif

But please consider some more PR! So you can attract more people into that niche genre and finally sell more units...

Regards, Christian

That Seahawk is so awesome, its funny because the recent OPF 2 preview talked about how they made exactly that model on request, and now BI shows the same model, also for the first time. A coincidence? tounge2.gif

Good luck BI.

That's not a Seahawk (a navalised Blackhawk), it's a 'Venom'; the newest version of the UH-1 used by the US Marines.

Anyway BIS, great to see some new ArmA2 shots and thanks for the statement about the release date being pushed back. Personally I think there's still a load more life I can get out of ArmA now that it's matured so much, and I'm sort of glad we have more time to develop community content before ArmA2 since some of us are just getting into the swing of things; so no hard feelings about the delay.

Good luck with development.

Thats the one replacing the Twin Hueys right? Still havent seen one myself.

But yea blow off my conspiracy theory then smile_o.gif

Best of luck to you! BIS has already proven being capable of producing great games. No doubt ArmA II will be a testament to this ability.

I post in another thread how happy i was about the info but i'll keep it short this time and say good luck!!! thumbs-up.gif

Im very happy for the new info and pr you guys have given us.

Keep on rocking! wink_o.gif

It's an exciting time for all of us, watching the screenshots and seeing ArmA 2 unfold before us, it looks fantastic, and i'm sure with the level of dedication and attention to detail that is evident in the ingame pictures of various models, we're in for a real treat!

Hey Maruk, this is the first time that I say this about the delay of a game: smile_o.gif

Well done!!!!!

Finish it! Polish it and eliminate the bugs! And you will hopefully write history a second time!