Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 76973

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[76973] Fixed: AI units sometimes walking in circles (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16081)

[76955] Fix: Flooding of RPT file by "Cannot find Object" and similar messages after client disconnection.

[76955] FIX: Engine crash with diag_log versus % r. 76245 - Replicated fix 73479 (fixed crash when no clutter shape)

* include improved VRAM detection fix^2

Edited by Dwarden

Man, 3 days after New Year's and you're already back working at full steam. Thanks as always, BIS! :D

New Year brings new patches.

Thanks alot guys.

But will i ever relive the day where the lipsync is back in the program ?

:butbut:

I just hope the crazy texture downscaling issue was looked into at least

Should be fixed. It was probably caused by the new VRam detection being faulty - which according to Suma has been fixed with this beta. :)

Give it a try. If the problem persists, try renaming your Arma2OA.cfg file and letting the game generate a new one.

Should be fixed. It was probably caused by the new VRam detection being faulty - which according to Suma has been fixed with this beta. :)

Give it a try. If the problem persists, try renaming your Arma2OA.cfg file and letting the game generate a new one.

It's working for me with an ATI HD5970 on catalyst 10.12. Low textures are gone!

With previous versions of the game, around 300 KB of VRAM would be detected with any driver newer than Catalyst 10.4, and now 2 GB is detected, the amount of memory for both GPUs together.

Nice... with this beta now i can put video memory settup on very high without texture lating or eny problems with my 1 gb card.

that is awesome. thanks bis!

Brief testing shows superb performance over previous builds with high VRAM. VRAM is indeed correctly set as well. :)

Tested driving and looking around villages in Takistan with much vegetation and the performance was at top on highest. No LOD switching noticed so far. Stuttering when zooming in/out even seems less although there.

All in all very good impression of this beta. Great work BIS - thank you.

Man, 3 days after New Year's and you're already back working at full steam.

Yeh! lol .... no rest for the wicked eh !;)

Thanks again guys !

This beta fixed almost nothing. The downscaling is still there, but about 5% less annoying.

http://i55.tinypic.com/apij5w.jpg

The ground texture isn't downscaling as hard anymore, but everything else is.

Settings are: video memory - v. high, textures - high. GTX260. Before 1.57 it was fine.

Where can I see how much memory is reported? I remember arma2.cfg had it previously (way back before OA), but I can't seem to find it there anymore.

EDIT: on the other hand I need to test this more with texture memory set to default.

Edited by metalcraze

arma2oa.cfg

check if you dont have it read only

Nah I was deleting it as per that instruction so it's definitely not read-only.

How is that variable called?

Also I've set video memory to default and it seems that it almost cured an issue (but I need to test more) - note that in previous beta it was making it only worse.

Trees still seem to lose 1 texture LOD 10 meters away but it isn't as annoying by far.

Edited by metalcraze

Try setting your Negative LOD clamp in your Nvidia 3D settings?

This beta is a huge step forward;

keep da pace BIS ;)

I was not having the issue with the VRAM, will I be seeing improvements in video memory as well with this patch?

My video card has 2Gb memory. What is best video memory settings for me - Default or Very High?

EDIT:

I have tested with Video Memory set to Very High -> LOD switching, low speed textures loading.

Video Memory set to Default -> Correct VRAM size detected, no LOD switching, good performance.

Thanks for this beta!

Edited by Vipera

The sound volume bug when playing A2 scenario Trial by Fire (Combined Operations), CIT ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13530, is still present, and...

The chopper wobbling is present during the insert ride on the Venom in the same scenario. :eek:

Edited by KaBoNG

Myne still detects this with 2 x gtx285 1gb SLI and 8GB of ram. Windows 7 64bit

localVRAM=1046151168;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

I have been setting it to

localVRAM=1073741824;
nonlocalVRAM=8589934592;

I am now wondering if maybe I should set it to

localVRAM=2147483647;
nonlocalVRAM=8589934592;

If the nonlocalVRAM is not my ram and is infact the pagefile, it should still be 8GB as my pagefile is manually set. Is the localVRAM the total of both cards or just a single card? I dont think it is auto detecting properly I am wondering what setting I should use...Can I get a BIS answer on this?

Myne still detects this with 2 x gtx285 1gb SLI and 8GB of ram. Windows 7 64bit

localVRAM=1046151168;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

I am now wondering if maybe I should set it to

localVRAM=2147483647;
nonlocalVRAM=8589934592;

The 1 GB is correct. In the SLI setup you cannot sum the memory, as all resources need to replicated to both GPUs.

As for 2 GB vs 8 GB, yes, this is incorrect, but this is given by the fact we do all computations in 32b and the value is clamped to 2^31 to prevent overflows. In the end this should not matter much, as non-local VRAM usage is kept low anyway.

Really great support, BIS!

Also for me, after deleting the armaoa.cfg, all values for '(non)localVRAM' are detected correctly with the latest beta.

Also much thanks for fixing [76955]. Makes it a lot easier to read the .rpt now.