Sign in to follow this  
VampyricTyrant

Chat system - killing reports reposition

One thought about the chat system and killings.

PLAYER1 was killed by PLAYER2

(PLAYER7): "Hello guys!"

PLAYER3 was killed by PLAYER2

PLAYER4 was killed by PLAYER2

OPFOR (PLAYER8): "Wow PLAYER2 is pwning!"

Player PLAYER1 disconnected

Player PLAYER3 disconnected

Player PLAYER4 disconnected

(PLAYER2): "Why did they all leave the server?"

Why not having the kill messages on the upper left corner, and maybe show by what each player was killed? (exclude killed bots ofc)

PLAYER4 was killed by PLAYER2 with M4A1

And maybe have like 5 as most kill-messages to be shown. I don't think it's hard, it's just a reposition some of the messages on the console.

+1 for kill report at other place from chat + Disable by server side +

All info about player / server must be in console no ?

Its very annoying to see in chat

Player..; conected...

Addons / arma2... /Arrowhead... / BAF:/ PMC/ ...:

Battleeye.....1.436

Battleye ...

... disconected

or something like:

PLAYER1 connected

PLAYER1 uses modified data file - ArmA 2;ArmA 2: British Armed Forces;ArmA 2: Private Military Company

(PLAYER7): "Hello guys!"

PLAYER3 was killed by PLAYER2

PLAYER4 was killed by PLAYER2

OPFOR (PLAYER8): "Wow PLAYER2 is pwning!"

Player PLAYER1 disconnected

Player PLAYER3 disconnected

Player PLAYER4 disconnected

(PLAYER2): "Why did they all leave the server?"

Just so that one line of BS / not useful to actual gameplay messages take up half as much space. ALSO. imagine that they do not have the background colours either. :)

Edited by Dead3yez

An option to turn the kill reports off server side, would be appreciated by a lot of administrators.

but I want to see kill reports.

Dead3yez idea could work too

An option to turn the kill reports off server side, would be appreciated by a lot of administrators.

Already possible

Going by the ToH preview, all HUD elemnts are customisable. Meaning you can now choose the colour scheme via RBG sliders so all colours are possible and you can move them anywhwere on screen you want, including the chat box etc.

Really handy on a triple monitor set up as I can dump the chat well out of the road.

I would think this level of customisation will make it over into A3 as well.

Custom kill messages are possible in A2 and no doubt will be possible in A3. I don't really see the point in time being spent on such a small feature. I think the team have bigger fish to fry.

Why would players be killing players? Teamkilling is lame! We should just remove the message entirely and silently kick people that kill other players automatically. :butbut:

Why would players be killing players? Teamkilling is lame! We should just remove the message entirely and silently kick people that kill other players automatically. :butbut:

Seconded. TK is lame.

Hmm... Guess you didn't know there are PVP modes. So it wouldn't be team killing (most of the time), it would just be killing reports from battles.

the chat system will be improved in ARMA 3 :) that's all i can say ;)

Why is it interesting to see who got killed by who and with wich weapon?

i like that this is not a CS style game where it says:

"Player got killed by a headshot from Player2s M4A1 fully customized weapon ... "!

if someone gets killed it shouldnt say anything.. you should be watching the terrain and try and figure it out for yourself :p

Showing what weapon you were killed by in ArmA would broadcast far too much tactical information that you or either team can take advantage of. Especially in PvP.

Before some one just try to shoot me, consider the option first.

My ideia, just change the kill message to the uper rigth corner of the screen like the others FPS. So the chat will stay clear.

Dont need to put all the weapon infos or if it was headshot, or a cock shot... Just Player1 Killed Player34

And put the option to disable it on server config like we already have; for the moar realistic servers ^^

Gentelmens, can i propose add my mod ACM? to admin chat controls module? Look and check please, tell what you think about this?! My point of view - ACM very actualy feature!

+ i propose to give admin ability to mute selected players in different channels...

And maby add function to on/off kill messages

Thinks?!

Or how about doing it like RO:OST did it. Not showing the gun, but the size of a bullet that killed the player.

My idea for a radio system that is also a bit "gamey":

1) Press key to activate "radio config screen".

2) Set which channels you can listen to and is available in the channel send list (, . keys).

3) Mission dictates for each player which ones he can activate (if more than default).

4) Server messages are sent on unique channel.

5) Admin may have own unique channel that goes to everyone.

6) Addons can create unique channels, or provide UI that lets you create, kill, and assign channels on the fly.

Idea is based on new TAKOH functionality, that is hopefully expanded later on to also include chat channels.

6) Addons can create unique channels, or provide UI that lets you create, kill, and assign channels on the fly.

Pls no addons. I want things out of the box, I never use addons.