Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Sure everyone has his own mind of how things should look and work.

If you don't like something then simply disable the feature you don't like in the settings of Group Link 4.

Critique isn't bad.

May you are right with the impact sparks of bullets they do not fit realism but for me there must not be everything 100% real.

The main reason why i play/mod games is to have fun and hell yeah thouse sparks are fun. :D

So it's up to you what you use and what not.

I already was working on a way to automatically add all "Man" classes which have a "Crew" or "Pilot" in the class name to the "GL4_Crew" array.

If you delete thouse parts of the "GL4_Unmount_F.sqf" then enemy A.I. in vehicles do never unmount the vehicles.

So enemy A.i. in Trucks for example will stay inside of the vehicle for ever.

Wow, it's so cool you work on that matter !

Anyway my workaround was just a placeholder, as my latest mission needed that the LAV25 crew stays onboard.

Your mod is a must have, as much as ACE2 in my opinion.

I don't want to start any flamewar or something this is only my opinion.

Let the army of fanbois (myself included!) go medieval on your a$$.

Seriously, there is constructive criticism then there is being rude. You were the latter.

As SNKMAN has said it is ENTIRELY customisable - don't like it ? don't use it.

In the meantime I'm loving using this and Zeus AI and ACE2 all together. Makes my life REALLY hard - as it SHOULD BE ! Keep up the good work mate.

I am sorry but I must say that I am little disapointed by your addon.

I agree with all posts referring to this one.

The thing you missed completely is you disappointed yourself becuase what you speak of is 20 percent of the point of it, you have mentioned the mod that you like over this for that feature, so use that :) Theres nothing that can disappoint when the modder has taken great care in flexible configs so the user can have what "they" wish to have.

Maybe look a little deeper into the readme first before posting a pretty negative post, all be it your opinion and people respect it etc.

But it was, lets be fair, a pretty cups half empty post.

Well in some points i really have to agree with Drasta. :)

A.I. is using smoke after every enemy choper or plane fart.

That's true. I noticed that too and after looking into the script the random value really could be a bit lower. ;)

Particles are weird (planks flying from exploded tanks)

If someone would create some single models of tank parts which i could use instead then i would love to use them.

But ArmA 2 do not have any... So i choosed this becouse it was the only one which was close to look like a part of a tank.

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude and I know that I can use what I choose to and I know that I don't have to use this addon at all. I only wanted to pinpoint some things. Peace

EDIT: I am looking at my first post here and yeah... it is very rude and negative... sorry for that

That's just me if I am disapointed by something that I really looked forward to... to be honnest my first posts about ArmA 2 was very very negative too and now I think it is the very best game :)

Edited by Drasta

Not a problem. ;)

It's your mind so it's ok and like you can see i was thinking about what you had said and found some points whery i had to agree with you.

So thanks and may you will enjoy Group Link 4 by disable things you don't like or in a later version. ;)

Peace.

Well in some points i really have to agree with Drasta. :)

That's true. I noticed that too and after looking into the script the random value really could be a bit lower. ;)

If someone would create some single models of tank parts which i could use instead then i would love to use them.

But ArmA 2 do not have any... So i choosed this becouse it was the only one which was close to look like a part of a tank.

Tanks never explode close enough to me for me to tell if those pieces are metal or wood...hehehehehe

Oh boy....poor SNK, everyone is keeping him sure busy--myself included, hehe.

Heya mate, just wanted to let you know me and Mark and another friend had a go today with testing and Mark had the same lag/weapon bug. However, me and our other friend did not and played fine. I think it would be safe to say that while we don't know what specifically is causing it, since 2 out of the group of 3 did not experience this, it more than likely isn't GL4 then. Although we were able to play when we all disabled GL4.

My guess is maybe when it's trying to load there is just a gap, plus with graphics settings maybe affecting FPS and other factors, its just too much for his current setup to handle for non-dedicated play. On our own in the editor, it runs great for us all, but when it comes to non-dedicated play, mark's system just keeps giving him grief. :(

Ah well, I'm sure we'll get something sorted down the road. Just wanted to let you know, not that I go making you think it's something with GL4.

SNKMAN could you add a config option or, better yet, some command you can init from editor so your own squad in 'detached' of GL4 AI enhancements? I ask because sometimes your squads goes compelttlly nuts and ignores your orders due to GL4 Ai overriding your orders (I think this specially true if you have fireteam eladers in your composition, but haven't tested it much).

I would like to be able to use AI on friendlly units but not these udner my command. Is earched on readme but didn't find any option, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also just a question, there is any conflict with high command when using GL4? Not sure about that and would be usefull to know.

First off, superb work, SNKMan.

I've run into a "Script GL4\GL4_System\GL4_Groups.sqf not found" error a few times during quick battles on Utes (few groups of East vs few groups of West). Everything seems to function fine after dismissing the error prompt, but not sure what's going on behind the scenes.

Also run into a situation shortly after receiving that error, wherein an enemy killed me, and then mounted/garrisoned a locked civilian house and subsequently crashed A2 to desktop. Not sure how that happened, but wanted to point it out.

Thanks again for your amazing work!

Any chance to see the @GL4 hardcoding switch to userconfig soon? Thank you.

ive been running the most up to date GL4 with the newest ACE/CBA/Zeus AI/JTD, on a dedi server with no crashes at all tonight. id say it works...

check out the 159thcab.com server if you want to see it all in action.

@Betsalel

Oh boy....poor SNK, everyone is keeping him sure busy--myself included, hehe.

Don't worry i love to be busy and all the feedback really helps motivating me.

My guess is maybe when it's trying to load there is just a gap, plus with graphics settings maybe affecting FPS and other factors.

I think most ppl use A.C.E. 2, GL4, Zeus A.I. and many othe modifications at the same time.

So they really need way more resources like the default ArmA 2.

Thanks for keeping me up to date.

@KNac

The Friendly A.I. Enhancement do not use any commands which affects Friendly A.I. in any way.

May it is a ArmA 2 bug?

Also just a question, there is any conflict with high command when using GL4?

Sorry can't tell much about this becouse i never use the High Command feature.

@jasonnoguchi

Does the new CBA update affect 1.1.13?

Is there a new version of C.B.A. available?

Well if yes then they should still work.

@haelfire

Thanks. :)

I've run into a "Script GL4\GL4_System\GL4_Groups.sqf not found" error a few times during quick battles on Utes.

Hmm... I never get this error. But i will check it. Thanks for the information.

Also run into a situation shortly after receiving that error, wherein an enemy killed me, and then mounted/garrisoned a locked civilian house.

Thats strange becouse enemy A.I. should garrison walkable buildings only.

@kju

Yes it will be in the upcoming version.

@franklin

Thats nice to hear. Thank you.

@niQ®

with version 1.1.3 need CBA?

If you like to initialize all Group Link 4 features by "Default" then yes.

If you like to work with modules and initialize the features with the modules in the editor then you don't need them.

Received another error a few times, which is probably related:

"Get In Error: BIS_alice_emptydoor had not enough available cargo for..."

Should groups even be attempting to get into BIS_alice_emptydoor? Does my crash to desktop make sense if groups of AI are attempting to MoveInCargo on BIS_alice_emptydoor (I believe that's the civilian house, right)?

Hmm... Well this was already reported.

So there really is something wrong with the "Get In" function of Group Link 4.

By default all groups which are closer then 10 meters to a empty vehicle at mission start will mount the vehicle.

BIS_alice_emptydoor? What exactly is this?

May could you send me the mission?

Edit: It's some kind of car?

From "CfgVehicles":

Car

* BIS_alice_emptydoor
   * Bus
   * FoldChair_with_Cargo
   * hilux1_civil_1_open
         o hilux1_civil_2_covered
         o hilux1_civil_3_open 
   * HMMWV_Base
         o HMMWV 

Edited by SNKMAN

Actually, I can repro this pretty easily on Utes. Just start yourself in Strelka and add the Ambient Civilian Module. There's a good chance you'll see the error upon mission start (although I've encountered this error well into a mission).

Pretty sure the BIS_alice_emptydoor is the actual civilian house that civilians can mount/enter. I guess the civilians themselves are causing the Get In Error I'm seeing? Although there was still the one time when an OPFOR got into a civilian house during the mission and crashed A2.

Okay.

Many thanks i will test and fix it.

Would it be possible to kinda balance the ai part of this mod and the zeusAI together. I mean a kind of cooperation to make sure the updates work together flawless would be nice. I know they may represent different view here and there, but I am sure many of us use them both and enjoy it very much. (Actually I just about to do so after a very busy Xmas working period...) I write to Protegimus as well to get an answer here if no offense taken for this idea.

SNK? What do you think?

Yes of course i'm always ofen for new ways and i think Protegimus really is looking into fine tuning of the A.I.

The enemy A.I. enhancement of Group Link 4 really could use some more deep coding to let enemy A.I. react much more tactically to specific situations.

Like smoothed Protegimus already said "A.I. could choose formations given to the situation" which i so far did not use.

There still is a lot of potential to tweak the Group Link 4 A.I. to it's max.

I will look into Protegimus work and see what and how he do things.

So may i would really be interested in a cooperation with him to improve the A.I. ;)

hi snkman ;)

thx for ya great work on GL4.

maybe you can do some "fine tuning" via script, e.g.

initskill.sqf

//execute e.g:	{[_x,skill_set_n] call fskill} foreach units _xgroup1;

skill_set_0 = [ 0.2,  0.2,  0.2, 1,  0.2, 1,  0.2, 1,  0.2];	
skill_set_1 = [0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 1, 0.25, 1, 0.25, 1, 0.25]; 
skill_set_2 = [0.35, 0.35, 0.35, 1, 0.35, 1, 0.35, 1, 0.35];
skill_set_3 = [0.45, 0.45, 0.45, 1, 0.45, 1, 0.45, 1, 0.45];
skill_set_4 = [0.55, 0.55, 0.55, 1, 0.55, 1, 0.55, 1, 0.55];
skill_set_5 = [0.65, 0.65, 0.65, 1, 0.60, 1, 0.65, 1, 0.65];
skill_set_6 = [0.75, 0.75, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1, 0.75];
skill_set_7 = [0.85, 0.85, 0.85, 1, 0.80, 1, 0.85, 1, 0.85];
skill_set_8 = [0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1, 0.95, 1, 0.95, 1, 0.95];
skill_set_9 = [   1,    1,    1,     1,   1,   1,   1,   1,  1   ];

function: fskill.sqf

//execution in init.sqf:     fSkill	= compile preprocessFile "fskill.sqf";
private ["_unit","_skill"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_skill = _this select 1;
_unit  setskill ["aimingAccuracy",(_skill select 0)];
_unit  setskill ["aimingShake",(_skill select 1)];
_unit  setskill ["aimingSpeed",(_skill select 2)];
_unit  setskill ["commanding",(_skill select 3)];
_unit  setskill ["spotTime",(_skill select 4)];
_unit  setskill ["courage",(_skill select 5)];
_unit  setskill ["spotDistance",(_skill select 6)];
_unit  setskill ["endurance",(_skill select 7)];
_unit  setskill ["reloadSpeed",(_skill select 8)];

maybe that could be implemented and give ai more tuneable skillsettings?

i´ve a template mission for that, i´ll upload it soon somewhere;)

sorry for my poor english, school´s out since 1993 :p

regards

onkel bo

Edited by Onkel Bo

Hi Onkel Bo,

yes true the setskill array really could help a lot. ;)

Damn that i do not have enough free time to make a deep test with thouse arrays... But hey you guy's really give me a big support by posting your settings here. :thumbs-up:

In the next version of Group Link 4 i will add a readme which includes all custom setskill array settings i get from users.

So many thanks for sharing your settings.