Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

C-17A Globemaster III-VX Addons

C17A Globemaster III

Hello gents, amongst my many projects soon to emerge is a C-17 Globemaster. The past month i have been working on this project along with one other that few know about.

So far everything is going well and looks nice. The main problem in the end will be textures which i will worry about later, I could also use help making some. However right now its got temp textures that look just as good. As of right now its in working status, is in-game and most of the animations work, its just a matter of getting them to work right. Here are some pics of it in-game and a few in Oxygen2. I was originally going to keep this under raps and have it for clan release, but thats pointless to waste time making something for 30 people to use when it could be for more and actually have purpose.

IMAGES OF UNAUTHORIZED PORT REMOVED.

Edited by Max Power

Glad to see this babe getting done. I just love this plane and going to DL it the day it's released. Looks pretty massive :) Thanks for making

jeebus that thing is huge!

any shots of the interior?

Thanks guys!

Since they were asked for here's a few shots of the interior through bulldozer this is whats really going to need work. I'm trying to make it to where you can run all inside it even into the upper deck sleeper cabin and peer into the cockpit. So far that idea is working, geometry and roadway just don't want to be my friend right now....

IMAGES OF UNAUTHORIZED PORT REMOVED

Edited by Max Power

Looks great, will create a transport script to load M1A1s etc

Yeah man, great job on this. Now we have another aircraft for these airborn guys to fall from. I guess it's time to make hundreds of HUMRAT packages to drop as well. Keep up the great work.

Thanks mates!

@R0adki11

Actually that wont be necessary, ive got scripts already that allow vehicles to be attached in the cargo space. It can fit the weight of 2.5 M1 abrams in it. However can fit (through a silly test) 2 LAV-25's and 4 humvees in the back no problem. I have yet to put a chopper in, but the choppers that do fold up there's no way to tow them in....at least that ive heard of.

As far as counter-measures and on-board realism, what will we be looking at?

Hopefully a fully functional cockpit? As in, every gauge moves correctly? Maybe even some moving Flaps/Gear controls?

We didn't call 'em the Cadilac's of the Sky for nothing. My ARMA Airborne dreams are now complete, I salute you good Sir!

@Cards525

There might be a little of this and that but as of right now the cockpit is a box with windows basically. I'm more focused on the cargo area. But i do plan on having gauges work and what MFDs the C-17 does have working to some extent.

The minute this is released the western armies in my mission will be riding in style!!!!

@Cards525

There might be a little of this and that but as of right now the cockpit is a box with windows basically. I'm more focused on the cargo area. But i do plan on having gauges work and what MFDs the C-17 does have working to some extent.

The cockpit doesn't need to be anything more than that in LOD 1. ;)

Also, what's the face and point count so far?

Haha yup its the same in the viewpilot LOD, so far its 15452 faces with 13569 points, this is excluding the static model that has all the stuff that makes the C-17 fancy on the inside, and has useless things such as antenna's and what not.

Pretty! :) Looking forward to crashing on takeoff with this thing!

I'd say it's pretty bird:) With short ArmA airstrips it will be useful.

As for the cargo - what do you think about two versions? One - for transporting vehicles, another - for soldiers? Or it will be able to do both (a small number of troopers together with tanks or APCs)?

Well right now the C-17 can fit 54 troops as is with its current arrangement and cargo(larger # than most clans I've been in). I was thinking of doing two versions but it seems almost pointless to me as of right now. As the project develops and things come up or i say to hell with it like i did with my F-14 and i may then add lots of different versions of it.

Also mate don't worry about the runways that's the main thing I've been testing in-game. It will take off just before the end of the standard bis or short runways.......with Flaps down. Otherwise you'll be driving on the ground for another 8 seconds. She can also stop pretty quick leaving almost 2/4 of the runway left. I was also thinking of adding reversers but that may be a later addition.

Do you plan on tackling the whole bird by yourself for the most part? Or would you be interested in 'outsourcing' to third party for certain parts? In this case, modelling the pilot LOD cockpit.

Why sure mate who's asking? However yeah i was considering tackling this huge block of marble with not even a chisel on my own, so far its gone well. I'll take any help i can get or get offered rather. These pictures of the C-17 are so deterring which is why i'm focusing on the cargo area it looks like the easiest part to do at the moment.

Me, I was wondering if you would be up for giving me a chance to model out your cockpit, with as much or as little detail as you want. It would be great practice and if it works out, help speed your project up as that is one less thing for you to worry about. If you are interested then all I need is the cockpit section (not the whole airframe) of the pilot LOD (having a reference to work with would speed placement substantially.