Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

CIA SOG/SAD units

Drmidnight and I have decided on CIA SOG/SAD units to make.

first of all, they will be done when they are... done. We've only just begun, as you can see in the following WIP shots.

F.A.Q.

Q. why CIA SAD/SOG guys?

A. they're cool. if you think otherwise click this button here.

Q. why are you giving him X instead of ISSUED Y

A. post why. Photos and info regarding SFOD-D and also CIA SAD tells me they'll get whatever they want.

We'll be giving them a variety of vests , chest rigs, radios , sacks , hats, caps, wraps , you name it. Beards too for the light guys.

Our plan is to have light guys, which consist of people running around with pakuls, caps , kameez , really just local clothing.. chicom vests for sure..

and heavy guys. still undecided , but talked about .

the era may be 2001-2005 or so , we will think about it more.

suggest away!

;)

Edited by Fox '09

Best of luck with it, but there's not really enough there right now to pass comment. More camo based gear will differentiate from the Tier 1 SF units

http://i52.tinypic.com/2r6zbwp.jpg

well we have stuff like this that we will throw on in probably coyote tan and / or ranger green. Grenade pouches, and maybe a few early 2000 style mag pouches. maybe LBV's LBE's could be seen on these units.

I'm / we're not looking to differentiate from any units , we're here to represent CIA SOG soldiers in a specific time period. I can assure these will not be too similar to them anyway, mcnools was working with small set of models where we have no limits. Every (and i mean every) unit in this addon will be different to the other. ( not trying to poke at ya mc nools)

F.A.Q.

Q. why CIA SAD/SOG guys?

A. they're cool. if you think otherwise click this button here.

An error occurred while attempting to log you out.

Fail troll is fail.

I rike the texture detair.

Seems like a nice idea. :) Just be careful that you don't get too stressed out with all these projects going on!

Oh, and I like the beard.

Hmmmm! o_0! Looks like some interesting project is going on round here... Good job so far.

Awesome guys.

Can't wait to see more.

i got the new arm model weighted (mind you still wip, it looks bulky as hell) and stuff set up. probably only 1 guy is going to use the IBA, and few will use this particular arm model. i will try to smooth out the shoulder pocket sooner or later ..

HW0Sr.png

HWaR0.png

HWdl9.png

we have a ways to go.

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/shrek/atu

maybe one other guy but with a chicom vest http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/shrek/asa

i know they're probably not SAD but they're just examples.

Shot from the wip thread, vest is insanely early wip and admin pouch is going to be redone.

And it's insanely awsome.

@Fox: Is the arm pouch modeled? Or is it a super good normal? It looks like it's modeled. Anyway, the new arms look great. :)

Edited by Nixo

Just finished a new mag pouch base, going to sculpt it tomorrow since I'm sleepy.

Vest is also about done, same with the headset and some headgear options, expect an updated shot of everything together tomorrow if I get around to it.

25qeosk.jpg

Misunderstanding ^^ Looking great

Edited by Nixo