Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

CIA SOG/SAD units

damn these guys are amazing looking? are you sure your not secretly working for BIS lol? but serously tho they look great!

You guys do know that most covert units wouldn't wear such bulky Body Armour don't you? Simple plate carriers like the Blackhawk one were more favoured as loose clothing could be worn over the top...

Nice work though ;)

You guys do know that most covert units wouldn't wear such bulky Body Armour don't you? Simple plate carriers like the Blackhawk one were more favoured as loose clothing could be worn over the top...

Nice work though ;)

I know I can't stand iba, but I assure you there will be ones without body armor.

Very Nice, Do you think about Multicam also ?

I know I can't stand iba, but I assure you there will be ones without body armor.

:ok:

Very Nice, Do you think about Multicam also ?

:ok:

No multicam, I think we are settled on keeping it woodland on the bdu guys to blend in with ANA and maybe a few guys with some dcu but not sure.

Molding the hood to rest on the bag. Ignore the shemagh that one is before my redo, too lazy to import the new one.

2ela82u.jpg

Chicom and bag straps incoming tomorrow along with new shemagh. Eh might redo everything actually, the hood is looking meh in that shot.

Man...This is so awesome. Can't wait for release.

Great modelling drmidnight.

Looking forward to the textures

Nice work though ;)

What he said...

Nice work though ;)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/shrek

one of our few sources, unless someone can link us to something better, then.. :)

and hey, at least they don't have side sapi pouches.

so if the iba is too heavy for the heavy guys, then what do you think they should wear that would differentiate them from the light units?

we still have RAV vests in bound for the majority of the heavies , the iba's will be mostly below chicom vests

Edited by Fox '09

one of our few sources' date=' unless someone can link us to something better, then.. :)

so if the iba is too heavy for the heavy guys, then what do you think they should wear that would differentiate them from the light units?

we still have RAV vests in bound for the majority of the heavies , the iba's will be mostly below chicom vests[/quote']

Great find! However, be mindful that many of those pics are pretty old and I can tell you that they wear lighter and more efficient body armor that most SOF operators wear today. It all depends on what era you want to represent with respect to your heavy units.

Edited by bugkill

one of our few sources' date=' unless someone can link us to something better, then.. :)

we still have RAV vests in bound for the majority of the heavies , the iba's will be mostly below chicom vests[/quote']Fox I hate to say it, but these look more like a mixture of SF and regular infantry as opposed to CIA SAD, but then again I'm not an expert I'm just going on my gut and what I see.

Without a actual SAD operator to talk to you're best bet is to go with what ya know and what you would wear if you were a member of a small team deep behind enemy lines where blending in is your best asset.

The team that Mike Spann was with were shown to be wearing a mixture of local clothes with jeans and high end hiking boots along with AKs. The pancake hat or shemaghs are your best bet and shy away from MICHs and the like, but in the end it is your mod and your call.

OT ,I am Argyll, one of the Moderators over at MP.Net ;)

DrMidnight, some of the guys that are giving you good info are knowledgeable and are BTDT's.. most SAD guys wore civvies and blended in and had low profile bodyarmour under shirts and jackets etc ...they're only trying to help mate .

Shrek was a member of the 19th Group and I believe he has been to Iraq as well as Afghanistan I don't think he's active anymore.

Edited by Road Runner

I appreciate all the suggestions and info and hope it continues, just tired of the same ones on every page. We are making civillian clothing based guys. Progress has been slow since Ive been busy, but I assure you they will be made at some point and hopefully people will be pleased.

I appreciate all the suggestions and info and hope it continues, just tired of the same ones on every page. We are making civillian clothing based guys. Progress has been slow since Ive been busy, but I assure you they will be made at some point and hopefully people will be pleased.

Sure that we'll be pleased. I've already a bunch of ideas of missions...

One suggestion which should be "easy", since it'll be a config matter : Maybe it should be possible to make a "local" CIA contact, with Takistani/Afghan/Irak Face/Identity, as I read somewhere that in Iraq (for instance), former Saddam's Intelligence service are working together with CIA (As "pentito" I guess)...

It should be possible to hunt down some insurgent leader assisted by this guy in the team (and his AK...) Or to protect him while speaking with some village Elders

Anyway, I'm particularly interested in this civilian clothing

Coming together nicely, good luck guys :)

But make sure it's ACE compatible!

The fact that I use and love ACE will probably mean they will be when they eventually get finished, not sure fox's stance though.

I'm going to spend this week working on stuff so expect some new updates, also going to give a try at texturing some things so we will see how that turns out.

EDIT:

illyx2.jpg

About 20% done, still have all the flaps and little wooden buckle things to do, but that is a long way off. Probably finish it up this weekend.

Edited by drmidnight

Awesome! :D

Fox, post up those pics you sent me earlier of the 1960s-1970s SOG guys. :D

Great stuff guys, keep it up.