All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. In my opinion hints should be a last resort as so many scripts use them. Is it a viable option to have a fake LED on the radio interface that acts as the "Transmitting" light (long-range radio could have something on the LCD screen)? Or possibly a fake switch/button that gets pushed in whenever you're transmitting? Possibly not viable but I'm just trying to think of options. Also, does this mean you plan to readd the Support Channel becoming available for gunners, commanders etc.? If I may, could I request this feature be optional? Kind of removes the point of my 'Artillery & Pilots only' script. The way our missions play out I'd rather not have every tank able to have access to the Support channel. I think the only use our group has for the Global Channel is communicating with Zeus when he's changed sides. We usually do it over Discord, but sometimes its nicer to do it in-game (I know AFAR doesn't support Zeus yet). As such I'm content with losing access to that. I think the only other thing I can think of to mention is that it would be useful if we had a classname array we could add radios from mods to (like Radio Backpacks = long-range radio access; ACE radio; etc.). Probably not important at this point but something to think about. Anyway, don't rush the release!
  4. Description This was developed for one of my ARMA2 missions SEA, AIR, and LAND. I made a template with minimal mods for mission makers to be able to drop this in quickly. Features: Boat launch - Ability to launch a zodiac out before you jump. To disable just delete the boat from the mission. Recommended use is when all players are ready to jump, release and jump after it. I attached an IR strobe for night ops to make it easier to find and put a line in the script to switch out for a smoke on day time ops. IR strobe will delete once players enter the vehicle. Red light/Green light to simulate signal to jump - The template is set to 10 seconds when doors will open and green light to jump goes off. This can be changed via the trigger. To start with the doors open, copy the relevant code from the trigger into the init of the plane. ACE Arsenal Box in back for players to load gear - this is optional, completely up to mission makers to decide loadouts. Mods: ACE and CUP (there is an ace only version), working on a no mods version Credits Sarge660 for his youtube video/tutorial to refresh my memory. Known Issues Players/AI will sometimes start prone. This tends to have no negative effect. Players/AI will sometimes go into HALO animation in plane. Usually you recover and can run out again in a few seconds. Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/noukbxuzm2xr0fp/Halo_Template.7z?dl=0
  5. The problem is I don’t know how to do any of that lol I’ll try my best
  6. I'm pretty sure scripted chat commands will still go through, despite the channel they're being sent through is disabled. As far as I understand, it just disables your player unit from being able to type or use pushToTalk / VoiceOverNet. If I'm wrong, I'll look into it. One of the reasons why I made AFAR was because every public server I have ever played on has a bunch of morons flooding comms on either Global or Side chat. This will help filter the banter or at least that's the goal, while "enhancing" immersion. Enabling Side or Global on any server always inevitably results in everyone creating their own solo Rambo group and then talking on Side. I'm not interested in appeasing that crowd. As far as being able to communicate with your side members outside of your group, that's what Command and Support channels are for. And to clarify about my above post, Vehicle channel is enabled by default, I was just showing how you could dynamically change the variable/setting (must be done globally via debug window or remoteExec). To recap the channels: Direct Channel: The only channel, aside from Spectator, which doesn't require a radio to talk in. Projects voice in 3D proximity of your character, unless you are dead, isObjectHidden, or isNull (Hasn't spawned yet), or if you're underwater without a rebreather. Command Channel: If you're the leader of your group, you get access to Command channel to speak with other leaders. May make it so that at least 1 other player has to be in your group to get access to Command net, since you can technically just form your own group and magically get access to Command channel. Group Channel: Allows you to communicate with everyone in your group. Vehicle Channel: Allows you speak with everyone in your vehicle. Support Channel: Allows any player with Bob setUnitTrait ["RTO" , TRUE , TRUE ]; to communicate with others who have access to the Support channel, including pilots, copilots, gunners, commanders, and sometimes drivers, as long as they are in the right seat of the vehicle and vehicle type. Spectator Channel: If the Arma 3 Spectator revive respawn template is set in the mission, dead players can only talk in the Spectator channel until they respawn. [EDIT] Someone brought it to my attention that they feel the "Transmitting...", "----------------", and "^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^" hints when transmitting could interfere with certain missions which display critical objective info via hints, such as side missions. Should this become an optional feature or removed entirely?
  7. pierremgi

Static drop on map click

Did you search for HALO jump? It seems to me this topic is often discussed.
  8. Yesterday
  9. I would second Steam and a mirror download. Mirror downloads are useful for people running dedicated servers.
  10. I'm having difficulty finding the variable names of the USS Liberty parts. I'm trying to attach all the parts to another object, but I cannot find the names of the components of the liberty. How could I find the variable names? I found the class names though: Land_Destroyer_01_Boat_Rack_01_Base_F Land_Destroyer_01_Boat_Rack_01_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_01_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_02_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_03_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_04_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_05_F Land_Destroyer_01_hull_base_F Land_Destroyer_01_interior_02_F Land_Destroyer_01_interior_03_F Land_Destroyer_01_interior_04_F
  11. "Huge problem" indeed. If a Krystal ball should suffice, let's bet on side of your units.
  12. I could not possibly agree more. 😁
  13. - killing topic goes well withe the eventHandler "killed" or MEH "entityKilled" - you can use a "detectedBy" trigger instead of "present" one.
  14. Sweet mate. There also an error msg at mission start in editor preview regarding TPW Rain. Il take a screen shot later if i can. But its related to "Winter 2035" i believe thats a modded altis? Anyway disabling rain sounds removes the error. Have a good holiday with the family !
  15. evrik

3CB Factions

Possibly in the future. Depending on the uniform, there are anywhere between 3-6 different colour versions of the same uniform. Adding them all would add a considerable amount of scrolling to the arsenal. Also, it would require a lot of UI images to be created. It's not really priority at the moment, but I'll consider it for a future update.
  16. killzone_kid

Check Visibility Script

Just one, couldn’t find checkVisibility command anywhere in code 😉
  17. Mods: @CUP Terrains - Core, @Cytech industries
  18. ronin1979ca

Is combined arms PvP possible?

Combined arms game play really depends on players. I could script and edit in a coy sized objective, but the scenario would be too limiting and uninteresting for most players. conversely a mission gen with recon, infantry, armor, artillery, air and jtac for example is possible if there is an interest. if you have enough people who want something i can make it, and I've done enough combined arms work to know what it all means. The two projects on my website, warkin.info include systems not normally available, and include rapid battle procedure within the ai. I could even add dynamic smesc orders if you wanted. To accomplish all arms you would need ai like i develop to undertake most roles while players swap in, and a system for coordination and planing. The KOTI gamemode I developed may suit this niche, but I need people playing to host it on my server. Without any coding, just plop down an objective, get some players for the roles you want and communicate like you're on a radio. frag o's shouldn't take you more than 45 min.
  19. I understand that AFAR currently limits itself to modifying the behaviour of the Group Channel but I don't understand completely disabling all of the other channels under all circumstances just because the script currently does not include the whole scope of communications. You see I've always imagined that each default Arma 3 Channel represented a different frequency and equipment used. So for example: 1) Player on foot without radio: Limited to Local (AKA mouth to mouth conversations) channel. 2) Player on foot with radio: Limited to Local and Group channels. 3) Player on vehicle (Supposing vehicle contains long range equipment and that the vehicular radio uses a frequency that is repeated using FOB antennas etc): Gains access to Side Channel. 4) Player on a radio specific installation or asset (Like a long range radio placed near a radio Antenna): Gains access to Global Channel. Sadly Arma 3 completely forgot to add those limitations and requirements for accessing each channel's benefits. Perhaps it would be in AFAR's interest and scope to do so... so instead of disabled channels we get: "You can communicate to your whole side but you need to be inside a vehicle with a much better equipment or inside a radio installation etc. I hope you get my point. Also disabling default Arma channels might lead to scripts and mods not communicating things correctly. Like: [unit1,"Kicked for cheating!"] remoteExec ["globalChat",0];
  20. Hi Guys, Not been on Arma III for a year, come back to it this weekend but have an issue. The server list in the launcher is extremely slow to populate and when it does all I can get is a list of about 20 servers or so, not even the ones im searching for. The search filter is clear. In game the server list from Multiplayer populates fine but is a real pain to setup mods for connection. Any ideas how to fix the launcher server list ?
  21. ronin1979ca

what do you want hosted?

I'm down with pretty much anything. I run a server I can host arma on and would really enjoy rallying together a small community. my specialization is integration of various code, ai systems, database systems and optimization / debugging. The server will be up regardless, but it would be wonderful to make more use of it, warkin.info is a personal site of mine, but it can easily be expanded into a full community, and the warkin discord is there as well, with a Empyrion community already present. failing that i have been discussing work with some existing communities.
  22. Hi to all. I'm new in scripts programming and I have some doubts. I'm working in a cooperative MP mission. A unit is infiltrated behind enemy lines. They use enemy uniforms and weapons. This unit can't fire in enemy territory because they enemy discovery him, except if they use a suppressed pistol. I used this code: player addEventHandler ["FiredMan",{ params ["_unit", "_weapon", "_muzzle", "_mode", "_ammo", "_magazine", "_projectile", "_vehicle"]; if (_weapon != "rhsusf_weap_glock17g4") then { hint "setCaptive false"; // Only the player //player setCaptive false; // All unit are undercover {[_x,false] remoteExec ["setCaptive",_x]} forEach units group player; } else { hint "setCaptive true"; }; }]; This code works right, but any player with a suppressed pistol can kill all the enemy without any restriction First question: Is possible restraint the distance to kill the enemy or that the player and the enemy are un the same room or the enemy died in certain time after the player fire or any realistic situation that you can think, to avoid that? second question: I use a trigger with an area to discover my group if the enter in this area. This is not too real. If my group go into the area and kill the enemies one by one, and the enemies that behind the walls don't see or listen that, the group must remain uncovered. They must have a time before a guard can alert to others, and if the guard is killed before this, the unit is safe even though is inside the prohibit zone. Can you imagine some code to do this?
  23. That's because you haven't actually port forwarded those ports. You need to either get into your router or a webpage that your ISP offers to open those ports. As I don't know who your ISP is or what router you're using you'll have to figure that one out yourself. I can tell you that you have to port forward the range of ports between 2302-2306 (both included) for UDP traffic.
  24. Fanatic72

3CB Factions

I have noticed the Hiker clothing has the NAPA flecktarn camo available, but its not visible in arsenal. Any way you could make it appear there with its classname?
  25. Hey all, i have updated the steam link and included all addons required to the mission on steam pls try out the mission 😃
  26. Matilda II Mk.II its posible download here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641305739
  27. RIP C4 Another group of West Coast frogmen getting their GWOT on in North Africa. Watching baddies before breakfast. Mods: All RHS Dev builds, MGP, FunnyNVG, Maritime Helmets, C.O.S., 75th RR, A3 Blastcore, 1st SFOD-D (A), RH-ACC, SMA3, ACE, S4G. http:// http:// http:// http://
  1. Load more activity