British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I can promise you if there will be 20mil sold copies of OA, you'll get 4, maybe 5, DLCs for free. And more!!!... You can vote for their content! :-D

Ummmm well I must have got 8 people into it so far so that's

8xARAM2

8xOA

:)

come on people sell sell sell hahahahaha.

So how many would we need to buy in order to hit the 20mil mark? ;)

My thoughts exactly. Time to scheme to get people buying this game....>:)

I've played several rounds of Domination on a server using the BAF addons (I'm using BAF Lite) and things were pretty damn good. Took a couple extra seconds to confirm friendly from enemy at 1200m (M107) but I'm very happy.

I'll likely be buying the DLC directly from Merdian4.

Bohemia took a risk on DLC, came up with a solution for the non DLC purchaers

and scored a pretty decent win in my opinion.

do hope Bohemia does take a serious look the the other suggestions for income. (IE. More increased advertising expoiting the free options...youtube....Gametrailers...etc)

Consider getting video makers like RichieSpeed on board...... Blow the competion away!

A tour of the Bohemia studios (CZ and Australia) with interviews of the developers would be an excellent way to connect with gamers.

show us your love of the ART of developing games.....

Ivan Buchta and Jan Prazak are excellent at showing off Arma and showing their sincerity for the business of making games.

Edited by jblackrupert

We should all give BIS free assistance I for one am up for that maybe get them to send out posters to us and I will post them around my town :) obviously I will keep one for my self :P.

I can promise you if there will be 20mil sold copies of OA, you'll get 4, maybe 5, DLCs for free. And more!!!... You can vote for their content! :-D

OK, i believe you. :) unfortunately, we will never find out. :(

ArmA 2 has an edge over MW2, though: it has a much longer life span. this is the kind of game that sits on your hard disc drive for years, and people will keep playing and buying as long as new content is made available. :) i'd love to see a second expansion pack like OA, perhaps even entirely disconnected from the present-day ArmAversum, for example in the Vietnam War. ;)

I'd buy Arma 2 and Arrowhead posters. $10 sound like a fair price (Higher quality prints are more of course)

There are several online companies that handle the printing, sales and shipping

all Bohemia has to do is provide the graphic files.

A 5 second search came up with http://www.zazzle.ca. and http://www.cafepress.ca/index.aspx I know there are many more

who's name I can't remember.

A local computer store in my city is even doing it.

Linus works in the warehouse and does tech video, built himself a good following.

Even though he works for NCIX he doesn't bullshit the viewer and will openly

say a product is kinda sucky.

He trashed a USB shaver product a few months back even though NCIX sells it.

Edited by jblackrupert

Ivan Buchta and Jan Prazak are excellent at showing off Arma and showing their sincerity for the business of making games.

Got to say it's also great to see so many of the BI devs popping into this forum - the impression it gives me is that BIS are still proud of what they are doing and still engaged with the ArmA series.

Art before money.

Once upon a time EA was like that.

I miss the days of 64K....

Edited by jblackrupert

One thing I have noticed about the BAF DLC is that the sights on all the grenade launcher variants of the new BAF weapons are still folded down, making them useless if you play without crosshairs. :(

Yup. I almost killed my own guys because i fired over an enemy village rather than into it lol.

This game is great!

But we want the Challenger 2 tank!

pleaseeee

well you may not sell 20 million copies but there are some people trying to help

Either that or he stole them :P.

I guess he bought it for his whole ArmA2 clan... ;)

Who would print out fake covers just so he can make a movie? Makes no sense.

well you may not sell 20 million copies but there are some people trying to help

Either that or he stole them :P.

hahah that's crazy!

75 copies of OA? wow.. either he is planning to sell it or he is 1 BIG fan.

75 copies of OA? wow.. either he is planning to sell it or he is 1 BIG fan.

I like the cut of his jib.

Now if 20 million sold copys make 4-5 free DLC, what does Jerry get for his 75 copys ... personal ingame hairstyle? :D

You guys realize that is Jerry, right? :p

I think for buying 75 copies of OA, BIS should at least put Jerrys hair and face into the game as a profile option...´;)

Make Jerry the official BIS distributor for Netherlands and give him an full ACU w gear as the spokesperson for BIS there. For 75 copies... it might more copies stored there than the whole of Asia.

Just paid for this via the sprocket site, to be honest i would have rather bought it from Steam but both my Arma copy's are retail DVD.

Getting horrible intermittent download rates though, had 7 mins to go just before, now its saying 1 hour 44mins, totally crap!, the sprocket setup does not seam very polished?

Attempted to pay via Paypal, followed the link, not transfer, had to go back into the sprocket account, which said my BAF was pending payment, and then use the Paypal link again, this time it worked.

Dont think i will bother with the Sprocket route again to be honest, its not filling me with much confidence at all.

I pre-ordered from Sprocket via PayPal and had no errors. I downloaded morning it was released at 400KB/s. I'm really thinking it's your internet connection (or something between you and Sprocket's servers) that's more likely to be causing problems than anything with Sprocket.

Has any one tried the SP missions yet? i had a go but in the first scene when the helo it hit with a Missile, the helo just spin out of control and stays that way and keep spinning in the air, or just hits the dirt and we all die! any ideas