1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Which company is that?

Meridian4/Element5, something to that effect. :(

EDIT: Cancelled order with Meridian4/Element5; decided to purchase the BAF DLC from SprocketIDEA. No waiting period! :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Has anyone else noticed that the scope on the LRR says "Zoid Berg" and "Made in Bohemia?"

Just finished the campaign; a wee bit short for my tastes, but it was good nonetheless. My only real gripe with the campaign was the voice acting *shudders* and the length, again, was pretty short. Other than that, it was amazing. :D

Just finished the campaign; a wee bit short for my tastes, but it was good nonetheless. My only real gripe with the campaign was the voice acting *shudders* and the length, again, was pretty short. Other than that, it was amazing. :D

dont miss these 9 standalone missions + 1(showcase)

dont miss these 9 standalone missions + 1(showcase)

Ah yes, those missions were great too. ;)

Especially the mission where you had to destroy the SCUD launcher; was a quick mission, but there was so much action packed into it! :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Ah yes, those missions were great too. ;)

Especially the mission where you had to destroy the SCUD launcher; was a quick mission, but there was so much action packed into it! :D

Yea loved it from start to finish, especially the stereotypical SAS comms. chatter (wittering as I call it :D); spot on.

Only one little nag, is that the AI is a little too 'combat mode-ey', so they stay put when you finish the objective and head to extract.

I would love to see more missions like this, maybe in a DLC-extension along with the chally :rolleyes:

A Challenger tank would've been nice, along with some more Land Rover Defender variants.

So I was going to buy the dlc and I noticed that sprocket has the price at 12.67 USD while everywhere else has it at 9.99 USD. Is this correct? The euro conversion on the sprocket site is 11.44 USD.

If this is the case, can I get it from another service even though I only have the retail cd version? I know I can't get it from steam.

I Finished the Campain a few days ago and must say i enjoyed it very much, i am now looking forward to working throught the standalone missions :).

The Jackel is amazing, however in the second mission "Spoiler Alert"

After you kill the trigger guy, you speak to the doctor. The doctor asks for help and if you agree he says the gunmen went west into the hills, whereas they are in fact to the east. Leaving me wasting half an hour in the hills above the village lol :D

Oh yeah and i HATE the small rocks:mad:!! Damn My Driving lol the amount of times ive fliped my Jackel is mind blowing ha ha.

After you kill the trigger guy, you speak to the doctor. The doctor asks for help and if you agree he says the gunmen went west into the hills, whereas they are in fact to the east. Leaving me wasting half an hour in the hills above the village lol :D

Haha, yeah I almost did the same. Good thing I checked the map before heading off. ;)

LOL yeah well i did but not over the right area, The worst thing was i hit a rock and flipped the jackal :mad: then i had to heal eveyone and search on foot.

Did you get killed by the chap near the car in a bush?

LOL yeah well i did but not over the right area, The worst thing was i hit a rock and flipped the jackal :mad: then i had to heal eveyone and search on foot.

Nah,

switch to driver then set your team to fire at will, point the Jackal at the car and watch your team tear the car theifs a new one.

I was killed on the first try, but not sure by whom. On the second attempt I managed to pick all of them off from a distance. From my perspective they were all "near the car in (or close to) a bush". ;)

Well after some time I have gotten around to playing all aspects of the DLC and Im completely happy with it.

The Campaign all be it short in numbers (IE how many in the campaign list) I think is the reason people say its short. To me mission 2/3 have quite a few tasks and sub tasks that actual "length in real time" Is the thing it should be based on, and for me playing it how I like and retrying different approaches it ended up being a some hours of gameplay.

Very tightly put together with voice acting, voice triggers, dialogue and authentic voices. The only one is "Mr poshboy" that is a bit tongue in cheek as regards a brit accent, but more funny than annoying. Some funny moments through the campaign too, cant quote off hand but mr poshboy says some funny things on the comms in a few places .. made me smile.

Radio voiced I realy like, poshboy (again) is the one I dont like so much ut find it funny. I prefer the northern preset personaly, much better flow with this voice set. My only niggle is no facility to overider stock american in some way. Would be very nice if BIS or someone supplied an ovveride config for SP only play so us BAF owners could have the voice profiles priority on any units at some stage (hint, hint).

Models are very nice, legs have far more meat on them, not so much pigeon legs when crouched up steep hills like other models, bit more Brittish beef :)

Vehicles are great, helis fly like a dream, the only thing it leaves is wanting more which I know can be gotten from modders and things already asked for that seemed "missing", but thats been noted to death already here.

Scenarios I enjoyed, quick and to the point, like the mission objective lists on briefing a good read, and objectives and triggers are well thought through with radio comms replied and nothing too silly.

I like the stealthy hunting for the car papers mission love those types of missions, Merlin scenario is especialy welcomed, need more of these for other fixed wing and rotarry BIS!

All in all a happy purchaser wanting more :)

BTW Im not a perfectionist within the modelling scene and dont know the ins and outs of every nut & bolt, so I cant speak of authentic models in such depths as others, but I guess those who spot these things are right in making points, but for us not so clued up people in this area everything is fine as it is, and can only be enhanced from this level.

Edited by mrcash2009

May favorite scenario from the BAF is Grand Theft Info (although I think Grand Theft Intel would have been a better name :)), even though it doesn't actually feature the Brits.

It has a lot of replay value and makes me feel quite nostalgic about the old "Steal the car" mission from OFP.

Merlin scenario is especialy welcomed, need more of these for other fixed wing and rotarry BIS!

I am just curious, but have You found all the special transports in this mission? :icon_twisted:

I am just curious, but have You found all the special transports in this mission? :icon_twisted:

How would one go about "finding" a special transport? :confused:

I thought you just got a sequence of pick-up and drop-off points you had to fly to? Although admittedly, I didn't play the mission for very long, because I'm not much of a transport pilot.

I havent had time to run through it fully, I have had to have fits and starts with playing, so I can only assume thats a negative and I have some suprise enjoyments to come and I guess I will be eating my words :)

Drop a hint for me :)

@MaddogX ... yes that mission was the one I refered to (all be it long winded of me to explain) .. blatantly a steal the car style mission, great.

(BTW on a side not a steal the car mission was remade in the user missions section)

Edited by mrcash2009

I was killed on the first try, but not sure by whom. On the second attempt I managed to pick all of them off from a distance. From my perspective they were all "near the car in (or close to) a bush". ;)

I managed to get killed twise from the same guy, on the third try i got in the Grenade machine gun turret, Need i say more . . .

Actualy i do cause i blew the car to kindomcome, SO.. .

Forth time lucky.:D

How would one go about "finding" a special transport? :confused:

Lets say even my question is a bit of spoiler.

There are ten transports in this mission, you get three or four of them randomly (or at least it seems so). And some of them are a bit special. You know, Easter eggs and such things are everywhere, even in Merlin :icon_twisted:

Thanks Pettka will check it out further, I need to realy focus time on that mission a little more, this weekend should do the trick.

Lets say even my question is a bit of spoiler.

There are ten transports in this mission, you get three or four of them randomly (or at least it seems so). And some of them are a bit special. You know, Easter eggs and such things are everywhere, even in Merlin :icon_twisted:

Thanks a lot for this hint pettka. I will play this mission again.

Just thought of something. Back in the Ofp days AI that had scoped weapons had a massive advantage over un-scoped weapons. For example 12 m21 wielding men would decimate a normal 12 man squad since the distance they could engage was far longer.

What im wondering is whether, since all the para's (well most) have ACOG scopes would this give a large advantage at range?

Also the PARA's should rince everything since they are Utrinque Parato

What im wondering is whether, since all the para's (well most) have ACOG scopes would this give a large advantage at range?

Also the PARA's should rince everything since they are Utrinque Parato

The advantage is not as large as you have depicted it, but there is some. Even more if you have a marksman with LRR in your team.