Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Yeah, I found it right after I replied earlier. Been playing with it all day, lol. I don't have a joystick, nor would I want to use one, and I fly with freelook on the entire time, unless I switch to cannon for a moment. I watch movies people post of flying and hardly any of the movies I see show players using freelook. It pains my eyes to watch. Not using freelook is like wearing a neck brace, lol. I wish there were more hilly maps to fly in. Takistan is the only good place for dogfights, because it gives the ability to dive behind hills quick when a missile is heading towards your tail pipe. I'm having a great time with the F16. Thanks Myke. Dancing banana.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I used to play infiltration too.

My friend is getting a message that says:

Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_aim120\glt_aim120.p3d

What is strange to me is... I made a mission and uploaded it to my server and included the addons needed in the zip as well. The mission worked fine for me and I was never aware that I needed @CBA enabled to use the F-16 and the Missilebox, and yet without @CBA enabled, everything worked fine for me, except the names of the missiles in the top right corner of my screen had full names, Like AMRAAM instead of AIM-120/C. But all the missiles worked fine, and left smoke trails and blew up enemy fighters, but then my friend joins using my exact addons enabled and he tells me he can't see or hear his AMRAAM's firing, but he could hear them blow up when he shot one at a hill. This is when I went back to armaholic and noticed that it said that CBA was required for the F-16, so I told him to enable CBA in his Arma 2 launcher and reconnect. Then he received a CBA version mismatch error. So we both downloaded and installed the latest CBA and we both enabled CBA in the Launcher and he receives the error shown above.

My friend is asleep right now, but I'm on teamviewer trying to fix the problem on his computer. I have his game open in a window mode right now, I've transferred my exact mod folders to his comp and enabled the required mods in his launcher and still this keeps occurring. The only thing left I can think of is maybe a computer restart, but if I restart his comp, I can't get reconnected on teamviewer, lol.

Any idea why he is getting this message?

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Again... I have teamviewer open and I made absolute certain that both computers have exactly the same mod folders installed and enabled to play the mission. I am running in window mode on both machines and I have both windows open side by side and at the main menu screen, both show that the same mods are loaded and the same version of the game is running. I tried hosting and made my friends computer connect to me and he gets the error:

Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_aim120\glt_aim120.p3d

Then I tried having his computer host and he gets the same message, yet I can join his game and I don't get any errors. This makes absolutely no sense to me. He is on a 64bit computer, besides that there really is no difference between our machines. Another friend joined and also got this same message, and he's on 32 bit Vista.

Why is this happening? I just wanna play this damn mission.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I found the problem. His mods were loaded in a different order down the side of his screen than on my screen. Does this matter? Yes, it does matter when the F16 mod folder already had missilebox mod files in it that had the same file name as the files inside the other missilebox mod folder. Obviously the older files were loading after the new files. So I deleted the missilebox files that resided in the F16 mod folder on both computers since there is already another missilebox mod folder being loaded that has newer files. Obviously the F16 Mod download used to contain it's own missilebox files. I still don't know why his Arma 2 launcher loaded the mods in a different order than my Arma 2 launcher does, but right now I just don't care anymore, as long as this stuff is working.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

@A-SUICIDAL

glad you figured it out yourself. Indeed, having a older version after the most actual would lead to the described problem. While the AIM-120 was already present in the old versions (and therefor didn't throwed a error about missing content) the folder structure has been changed during development. So it could find the AIM-120 in the config but couldn't find the model in the now changed folder structure.

So in fact the weapon was fully working it just missed the model.

About CBA (mainly the extended Eventhandler from CBA) is mainly used for some additional content in the Missilebox like the GPS/INS system.

News update.

F-16: please check my website for some exciting news: http://www.glt-addons.armaholic.eu/news.php

Also planned some updates for this weekend:

GLT Missilebox:

- [fixed] GBU-24 was missing proper GEO lod and weight resulting in inappropriate guiding (reported by eggbeast).

- [added] v2 signatures

GLT Missilebox / GLT Real Aerial Weapons

- [added] several config tweaks/additions donated by Xeno426 (thanks again mate)

- [added] v2 signatures

Edited by [FRL]Myke
Changed misleading parts.

Myke;1981237']

GLT Missilebox: probably a update this week:

- [fixed] GBU-24 was missing proper GEO lod and weight resulting in inappropriate guiding (reported by eggbeast).

- [added] v2 signatures

GLT Missilebox / GLT Real Aerial Weapons

- [added] several config tweaks/additions donated by Xeno426 (thanks again mate)

- [added] v2 signatures

Are the files updated on your site? The Missilebox version there is still 3.4

Sorry, no. My post was misleading: probably a update this weekend if real life doesn't bother me too much.

Can't wait! So since Rock's not including a cockpit yet, does that mean you'll be forced to use your over-previewed but never released F-16 cockpit? :P

Can't wait! So since Rock's not including a cockpit yet, does that mean you'll be forced to use your over-previewed but never released F-16 cockpit? :P

Well, i could drop the F-16 completely if you prefer this solution. ;)

Lads, i'm just making a joke, not being dramatic. :D

Myke;1990674']Well' date=' i could drop the F-16 completely if you prefer this solution. ;)

Lads, i'm just making a joke, not being dramatic. :D

[/quote']

you wont do it.....

release next week???? :yay:

release next week???? :yay:

you wont do it.....

You had it in the wrong order, fixed that for you. :p

I'm trying to create a device which explodes as the same compability of the MOAB.

I'm using the new defusal script

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=123621

but when I change to the classname of the moab, "1Rnd_GBU43_GLT", it does not work.

The creator of the addon says that Createvehicle does not work with Magazine typles on Cfgammo? Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to get it work.

if (_timer < 0) then {
_blast = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle (position dabomb);

where I just switch the Bo_GBU12_LGB with the MOAB classname.

GLT Missilebox 3.5 released!

It took me (way too) long but finally i found some time to update the Missilebox.

I would to thank to everyone who ever helped me on this project so far and contributed in any form (be it content or bug reports/suggestions).

Changelog:

- [fixed] GBU-24 couldn't hit anything (missing Geometry LOD)
- [changed] GBU-53 renamed to GBU-31 (classnames remain untouched, only displayname changed)
- [improved] several Mk-84 based guided bombs were weaker than the Mk-84 itself
- [added] LAU2 Dualrail model and magazines: GLT_2Rnd_DUALRAIL, GLT_4Rnd_DUALRAIL and GLT_6Rnd_DUALRAIL
- [added] several magazines to the M61A1 cannon:
		"480Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT", 	(F-22)
		"510Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-15)
		"500Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-16, has in fact 511 rounds but classname remained the same for compatibility)
		"578Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F/A-18C/D/E/F)
		"640Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-4E)
		"650Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-106)
		"675Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-14)
		"725Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-104)
		"940Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-15C)
		"1028Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(F-105)
		"1030Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(A-7D/E)
		"1100Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(M163)
		"1550Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT",	(Phalanx CIWS)
		"2050Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT"	(F-111)
suggestion made and round counts contributed by Xeno426
- [added] v2 signatures

Shouldn't GBU-31 (former 53) be named GBU-32, since it's built around Mk-83? At least that what's written on texture and it's definitely larger than GBU-12/Mk82 and smaller (I think) than GBU-24/Mk84.

And thanks for the work, been using Misslebox for ages :)

Edited by Max255[PL]

;2021482']Shouldn't GBU-31 (former 53) be named GBU-32' date=' since it's built around Mk-83? At least that what's written on texture and it's definitely larger than GBU-12/Mk82 and smaller (I think) than GBU-24/Mk84.

And thanks for the work, been using Misslebox for ages :)[/quote']

FPDR Please, can someone slap me?

Of course you're right. While looking over all bombs i've didn't re-checked the GBU-53/31 again and mistook it as MK-84 variant. I think i've lost overview over the weapons a bit.

However, unless someone says otherwise i don't consider this a serious bug so i wont update it now just because of that.

I'm sorry for that, will look better next time, promised.

*lowers head ashamed*

@Sickboy

added sixupdater link to the downloads page.

I would lost track of all this too, if I'd make anything that awesome, nothing to be ashamed ;)

But thinking just now - is it possible to add in some future update both GBU-31 and 38 to complete JDAM pack? Especially 38, cause 39 is lacking a bit of punch for me and 38 can still be loaded in "large" quantities (6).

Just a suggestion :D

Hell, i've just re-uploaded the Missilebox with correct designation of GBU-32, thanks to Max255[PL] for pointing my mistake.

About the GBU-38...erm, not quite sure but afaik the GBU-38JDAM uses the Mk82 as warhead while the GBU-39SDB is comparable to a Mk84 warhead, at least regarding direct hit damage.

Still, warhead weight (according to wiki at least) for 39 is 23kg and for Mk82 87kg.

Direct hit damage could be as high as Mk84 but that only counts if I want to destroy eg. tank or building.

Something with big(ger) indirect damage would be good for destroying many softer targets on larger area.

Yes, we have 32, but it's not possible (is it?) to load more than 1 on station of - let's say - F-16, while I can load 3 GBU-38s instead - configuration at least I consider important :rolleyes:

And sry for "bombing" you with suggestions and stuff :E

Edited by Max255[PL]

;2021511']Still' date=' warhead weight (according to wiki at least) for 39 is 23kg and for Mk82 87kg.[/quote']

True, but:

The SDB carries approximately 38 lb (17 kg) of AFX-757 high explosive, yet because of its design it has similar penetration capabilities as the 2,000-pound (910 kg) BLU-109.

According to this, my version of the GBU-39 has the same direct hit value as the Mk84 but reduced indirectHit damage and values similar (not exactly equal) to a Mk82 (GBU-12). I think this is a good compromise for ingame purpose.

Myke;2021420']It took me (way too) long but finally i found some time to update the Missilebox.

Thanks for all your hard work; it's much appreciated.

I read on Armaholic that you also updated GLT Real Air Weapons but on your forums I don't see any mention of an update. Am I missing something? Or did Foxhound jump the gun?

Sniper Pod?! Hell yeah, I guess the turbine's hot enough for releasing my @SniperPod mod! :)

Great job, testing them asap.