Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

beautiful, did you add the Napalm?

Nope, Napalm is quite down on my "Nice-to-have"-feature list. First i want those things already present to work correctly, this is my highest priority. Second is to add additional ammunition of already existing systems (like JDAM).

wow stunning work Myke i really appreciate your hard work will these come ready loaded or can we load our own plus can they also rearm the aircraft.thank you

wow stunning work Myke i really appreciate your hard work will these come ready loaded or can we load our own plus can they also rearm the aircraft.thank you

Thanks for the compliment.

They come already loaded but you can change the loadout with some limitations: the new weapons should have similar sizes as the actual, else the proxy positioning wont fit. Actually, the carts with the west AA missiles are the same with just different magazines loaded (yes, removeMagazine/addMagazine is your friend here), same goes for tha AGM and bomb carts, all the same with just different magazines.

And also they can rearm vehicles (would be illogical if they couldn't). I even thought about using the missiles as some kind of "remaining ammo indicator" where you could actually see if a cart has some ammo left to refill a vehicle or it is empty. Sadly there isn't any way to read out the actual ammocargo. If someone knows a way i would be happy to hear about it.

Had some fun with the MOAB today. Couldn't find the MOAB in VTS, so I had to improvise. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXt-ZaPq1Qc

this addMagazine "1Rnd_GBU43_GLT"; this addWeapon "GLT_MOAB_Launcher";

Works in ANY vehicle.

Edit:

Speaking of which, would it be possible to make the MOAB detonate at a certain height above ground? After all the AB stands for Air Burst. :p

Edited by b00ce

Haha, nice, i wonder if someone could write up something that would allow Re arming of the cart at one point and depleating off the cart when reloading the aircraft, something simmilar to the ACE reloading system (but something that actually works :P)

@b00ce

hehehe, nice area flatening. :D

Hell yes, addMagazine/addWeapon works basically with every weapon on every vehicle. You can (functionally, not visually) equip a Skoda with the M1A1 main gun, although you can only fire straight forward. :D

The system i used with the MOAB as you have to manually place it in the editor was intentional to prevent MOAB-spamming as it is a really powerful weapon. So players would have to think twice if a potential target is worth the use of the probably only MOAB they have.

Also, the MOAB does actually work as intended. "Air blast" doesn't mean it explodes high above ground, it just means it doesn't penetrate any target but explodes on the surface. Usually bombs do penetrate a potential target and detonate inside them to have maximum effect on destroying a single target.

Watch this: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2003/03/mil-030311-dod02.htm

@Scarecrow398

actually i tried to represent the remaining reammo cargo on the ammocarts but sadly there is no way to read out the remaining ammo load. Still investigating if and how this could be done but right now i don't think we will see this in A2.

Good video .... pity about the G-effects that ACE2 puts on .... otherwise great !

@ Myke

You're right... Kinda frustrating when you can have people inside the fireball but still manage to survive because they were behind a little hill/tank/picket fence, though. :p

@ Kremator, he wasn't playing as a Pilot class. I have to admit though, the blacking out WITH the pilot model should be moved to people without and the pilots should be able to withstand a lot more G's. If I could, I'd disable it entirely. That and wounding is buggy as hell, like being injured from getting shot in the tail. Otherwise, ACE is pretty amazing. Neither here nor there, I suppose.

Working on the IAWS GUI so planes and choppers can be loaded on a per-Pylon basis. This means, once this system is done and working, you're free to load whatever weapons on whichever pylon you want....although there will be a few restrictions:

- a plane/chopper will have a max payload capacity which can't be exceeded

- a single pylon has aswell a max payload capacity so a GBU-24 won't "fit" on a wingtip rail. ;)

- nationality does matter. A chilean air force might not have the same ordonance like the US.

- also size does matter, if a missile is too long or too wide, it might not fit into a F-35 or F-22 weapons bay.

- single pylons can be restricted to certain weapon systems or even a single weapon.

WIP screenshot of the GUI (just graphics, no function yet).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/iaws_gui_wip.jpg

(picture exceeds stone-age 100kb limit, therefor URL link).

Please take note that the GUI is meant to be a generic one-size-fits-all, so not all slots will be used depending on planes/choppers capacity.

Wow, looking great! This will definitely be useful.

Awesome I can't wait for the next version! The new name threw me a bit, took a while to find this thread.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Goooood projects,Im tested the jas39 grippen and i am proud to say man you make great addons goodluck !!!

Goooood projects,Im tested the jas39 grippen and i am proud to say man you make great addons goodluck !!!

Let me take this opportunity to point out again that none of the planes i've released are actually made by myself from scratch. Also the JAS-39 is a donation from GranQ and his Swedish Forces Pack for a standalone release. So please read the credits carefully and take note of these very generous community members. Without those, a lot wouldn't exist.

Are you gonna have different hellfire variants...ie L which is Fire and Forget, N which is thermobaric, and F which has like a double warhead...its like a foot or so bigger than the other hellfires. I remember seeing one for the first time in Iraq during the surge and I was like wtf is this thing? Tried to find a google image but i couldnt, nor do I have one on my PC. Cuz at the time all I had seen before were 114Cs cuz those were the ones we would use for training HF shoots.

Edited by islesfan186

Are you gonna have different hellfire variants...ie L which is Fire and Forget, N which is thermobaric, and F which has like a double warhead...its like a foot or so bigger than the other hellfires. I remember seeing one for the first time in Iraq during the surge and I was like wtf is this thing? Cuz at the time all I had seen before were 114Cs cuz those were the ones we would use for training HF shoots.

The Missilebox will have the L and the K variant.

Some more work done on the GUI graphics aswell a first attempt to fill it with content:

iaws_gui2_wip.jpg

Please take note that this pic has been truncated to fit into the 100kb rule.