Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

This has definitely caught my attention in a serious way. You guys are adding something the series has lacked since OFP times :cool:

I'd like to know, if its possible to set the loading times, for example by config file or something? I can see the use of instant loadings in TvT servers etc. But it would be interesting to be able to set longer (maybe even boringly realistic) loading times for some missions.

See, I'm visioning a desperate airfield type defence mission: the player has to leave his plane to be fueled & armed and take part in the defence. The enemy rolls closer, wave after wave and the missiles appear into the pylons so slooowly... Does the player wait for the full ordnance load or take off sooner?

You have to differ between usual rearming, done at any ammovehicle, and the process of changing the loadout. The first happens as usual and takes it's time as you know it from vanilla ArmA 2.

The other thing is to change the armament and this is it what's the picture about. Actually, my mostly favorized approach is the pilot to get out, step up to a (yet to be defined) service vehicle, change the loadout (pre-select, no ammo added yet) and the get back in and move to the next ammotruck to finally load up the selected missiles and bombs.

But as said, it is still under development and might change completely.

Maybe different procedures could be given at Missionmakers hand, really don't know yet.

But about your point of the player waiting for full load...well, he's free to load up just 2 Sidewinders quickly for a fast intervention and come back later to get a full loadout for the next dance. ;)

Another point that will get a little bit more attention: ammo does cost. Not by the meaning of money but of how many times you can rearm by a single ammotruck.

To elaborate a bit more: a ammotruck doesn't have unlimited ammo to rearm a vehicle. IIRC the default BIS value is 300000. Reloading a single BIS GBU12 actually costs 5000 points. This is already in the game, even if you never ran into a depleted ammotruck until now.

So, taking this, combined with different weapon variants (as example: AIM-7,AIM-9M, AIM-9X, AIM-120 and AIM-132) do have different effectiveness. A AIM-9M might be lower in cost compared to a AIM-120 but also is less effective. What do you prefer now? Having more missiles but less accurate or accurate missiles but less ammo to spend during a running mission?

I admit, it wont be revolutionary but one more point to think about when selecting your loadout. ;)

Myke;2120407']

Another point that will get a little bit more attention: ammo does cost. Not by the meaning of money but of how many times you can rearm by a single ammotruck.

To elaborate a bit more: a ammotruck doesn't have unlimited ammo to rearm a vehicle. IIRC the default BIS value is 300000. Reloading a single BIS GBU12 actually costs 5000 points. This is already in the game' date=' even if you never ran into a depleted ammotruck until now.

So, taking this, combined with different weapon variants (as example: AIM-7,AIM-9M, AIM-9X, AIM-120 and AIM-132) do have different effectiveness. [/quote']

Huh, never knew that... interesting....

also, BI have their own brand of iPad now? :D

EDIT: You end yo getting the loadout system to work?

Edited by Scarecrow398

'Ello

So 1st, Great add on. :) Please excuse my nublieness when it comes to modding / scripting as i honestly don't have much (any) experience in it :o

While using Missilebox in OA / CO with a few standard addons (CBA, Nimitz, F-14, F-16, F-18) I get error message "Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_gbu12\glt_gbu12flybis.p3d" at start up.

Then once i load a mission into the editor i get error "Cannot open object glt_missilebox\glt_kab500l\glt_kab500se_flybis.p3d"

And on the Nimitz if i approach an F-18 i get "cannot load texture glt_missilebox\tex\default_ti_ca.ppa."

Many of the missiles dont show up on planes.

Also, the MOAB doesnt show up at all :confused:

What am i doing wrong?? Help would be greatly appreciated

PS: With ONLY the Missilebox loaded up in CO i get no error. If i load Box and some jets (F-14,16,18) i get the glt_gbu12 error... Dunno if that helps

'Ello (...)

Are you using more than one missilebox pbo? Say, one that would come with the f-16, i believe on some release it came with it. Also, troubleshoot with all mods/addons you use, check if you don't have any repeated/outdated pbos that could overlap each other, and then only put the newest missilebox, which comes with the MOAB already, and steadily add your addons, its a tedious job, but it works, it surely does, i used it several times when i started using mods, and it fixed my issues.

Good hunting ;)

@Evil_Brownie

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Hit the nail on the head, the F-16 addon had a Box pbo, once removed everything is working perfectly :D

thx again!

Hi Myke not sure if its been asked but do you know if the Glt_realair weapons conflict with bd hellfire mod at all,

I had this report on my COWarMod thread recently:

the top attack mode for hellfires (BD_Hellfire) to not be functioning properly? Using direct fire mode works fine, but top attack, it's wildly random where the missile actually lands. Usually seems to be hitting 100-300m (random direction) off the lase point. This is at 1km distance. Only fired once at 2km, and it fell 500m short of the lase point. Fired 36 missiles, only 1 was within 5m of the target point. Running BD_Hellfire outside this pack works no issue.

glt_realairweapons is the only mod I can think of that effects the missile flight amongsted the many (213) addons and mods in CoWarMod,

other then the other glt_missilebox, and glt_missilebox_config.

Nothing heard so far and i can't imagine how the GLT RAW addon could affect BD Hellfire mod. The only thing that RAW changes is this:

class M_Hellfire_AT: MissileBase
{
 thrust = 43;
 thrusttime = 17;
 timetolive = 60;
};

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Ya we found it to be the culprit,

without GLT RAW the hellfires just for the top attack hit dead on, the direct attack work with our without GLT RAW np.

I noticed this myself when I was testing the other day, direct attack works np, but top attack will not go where the laser is at, its like it flies 500+ further from the target, I've yet to try without GLT RAW but a COWarMod user on my thread reported his results, and is apparently doing some other test to gather info for just BD hellfire as it seems it dont fly right or something.

I like GLt Raw when your flying fighters, it just seems more realistic or stable.

Maybe already asked did you do some research for GLtRaw to determine the flight values, for missile type set on a fighter?

We got a fix for BD hellfire now, just needed to make some adjustments in BD hellfires script so it will work with GLT RAW, thanks to the Baron!

We got a fix for BD hellfire now, just needed to make some adjustments in BD hellfires script so it will work with GLT RAW, thanks to the Baron!

If there's something that would need adjustment in the GLT RAW config, let me know.

Maybe already asked did you do some research for GLtRaw to determine the flight values, for missile type set on a fighter?

Not exactly sure what you mean but i did indeed some research about flight characteristics (top speed, range) and tried to apply these to the BI weapons to make them more realistic. It bugged me that you got hit by a missile just a second after the RWR warned you. No real chance to react properly. With the RAW you can outturn a incoming missile if you're good enough. ;)

We fixed it so it works now, GLT Raw works fine.

Not exactly sure what you mean but i did indeed some research about flight characteristics

ya thats what i meant didn't know how else to word it. :)

With the RAW you can outturn a incoming missile if you're good enough.

ya that is cool, and i have outrun missiles before not all but if your not paying attention they will get you, alot of them are hard, but i found the key is to be moving fast already, and then dont fly straight but on sharp turns around hills and valleys they'd never catch you, but having distance already does help no matter how fast your going if the missile is almost apon you then you better start turning into those valleys.

Hey myke did you ever release that script to allow TIR to be read for gun control on the AH-1?

I'm trying to set up the Republic of China mod, but it requires these files. Are they available anywhere? Already tried at the Armaholic.eu website, and it looks dead.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to set up the Republic of China mod, but it requires these files. Are they available anywhere? Already tried at the Armaholic.eu website, and it looks dead.

Any ideas?

As noted in this post, it was removed due to an issue with ANZAC Steve.

Hey Myke what about the New F-16C model that was said to be given to you and Wld from the PRACS Mod? Has any progress happened on that?

Dave,

@dmh0667

as Xeno426 already said, i had to disable all downloads i could reach.

@soldier2390

i know nothing about a model from PRACS mod. I have a new model but it needs a lot of work. No ETA, don't ask about release date. Personally i would prefer "yesterday", be assured.

Myke;2252560']@dmh0667

as Xeno426 already said' date=' i had to disable all downloads i could reach.

Thank you, Myke, that's all I needed to know. I hope you will be able to release these downloads in the near future, especially for those, like me, who were not around to enjoy them. From perusing the many threads on them, I can see that they were quite special.

Edited by dmh0667

To save some time, i'll ask then search the pages.

Has anyone had a problem with duplicate bombs appearing on the aircraft in different places where they don't belong? like it's normal armament plus a little extra in odd places on the aircraft. It happens on the grippen for sure, and a few others. I think they all have misslebox in common.

I will search too, but i won't be able toget online for a while so thats why im asking and searching, in case it's been answered already. If so , i apologize.

IIRC? is that for me? I am using a beta now, but I wasn't before 2 weeks ago. I was usingthe regular after buying ACR. but noticed it before that.

IIRC this happened after a certain beta patch. Are you using the betas?

It not down to a BETA , its an issue still in 1.62 Final. :(