Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

I'm just really bad at placing the marker in the right place... Normally go off to the side by several 10's of meters.. I wait till I'm dead above the unit look in map mark the coordinates.. open the gps mark it and drop the bomb....

I'm just really bad at placing the marker in the right place... Normally go off to the side by several 10's of meters.. I wait till I'm dead above the unit look in map mark the coordinates.. open the gps mark it and drop the bomb....

max map's zoom in for more accuracy!

You also need to be able to make the connection between what you want to hit and where it is on the map, of course ;)

Its very hard against ships.... The sea is kinda flat on the maps lol

Myke,

Has anyone reported a problem (old version too) with the GPS/INS and not being able to Set Marker on Map in MFD when in MP, works fine in Editor but not in MP. All I can do is bring up MFD and Exit.

Using AV8B JDAM plane or any other JDAM plane.

Thanks

Myke,

Has anyone reported a problem (old version too) with the GPS/INS and not being able to Set Marker on Map in MFD when in MP, works fine in Editor but not in MP. All I can do is bring up MFD and Exit.

Using AV8B JDAM plane or any other JDAM plane.

Thanks

Hmmm...no problems reported so far and myself i was using GPS/INS system in MP this week without problems. Could you please check the rpt file if an error was reported there?

Could you also please tell me what additional mods you use (specially mods that might alter related planes like soundmods) and if possible test without them?

Thanks Myke!

MissileBox updated on Six Updater: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/8ef58618-4420-11e0-9b28-001517bd964c

sent 4.07M bytes received 88.56K bytes 489.43K bytes/sec

total size is 124.18M speedup is 29.85

RealAirWeapons added on Six Updater: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/ecefaac6-6817-11e0-ab08-001517bd964c

Myke;1899183']Hmmm...no problems reported so far and myself i was using GPS/INS system in MP this week without problems. Could you please check the rpt file if an error was reported there?

Could you also please tell me what additional mods you use (specially mods that might alter related planes like soundmods) and if possible test without them?

Thanks Myke, I am sure you're right and I have a lot of Mods but not using them all so I will spend some time eliminating them and report back. I was just hoping someone else had seen the conflict and save me a lot of time. I will also recheck the rpt file on the my Dedi Server.

Thanks for your help vengeance1. If you're able to pinpoint any incompatibilities i might be able to fix it. So far the only thing i know for sure is that i already used GPS/INS in MP without any issues so far.

Sent you a PM Myke.

Let us take this public as i really don't see where it fails. I hope Sickboy and Rock will join in here and hopefully help to locate the problem.

Description of the issue: the initscript for the GPS/INS system sometimes doesn't run. It is called by a postinit XEH in the config:

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {
   GLT_GPSINS_postinit="[_this] execVM '\glt_missilebox_config\scr\preInit.sqf'";
};

The script can be viewed here.

So far vengeance1 had success to reprduce the error by removing/adding several addons from RKSL but i highly doubt they are the cause.

Any ideas are welcome and i asked vengeance1 to post his infos here aswell.

PostInit should activate but depending on scripting load, it can be delayed at times, outside our control.

You could try moving it to preInit only using the following:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
  class GLT_GPSINS {
     // ClientInit only runs where !isDedicated
     clientInit = "call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\glt_missilebox_config\scr\preInit.sqf'";
  };
};

(You don't need the _this parameter, it has no meaning in Post or Pre Init, only at all the other eh's)

Then, inside the preInit.sqf, you can remove the if !(isDedicated) condition, and at line 206, wrap the waitUntil and later code into a spawn:

[] spawn {
  waitUntil {!isNull player};
  if (((vehicle player) iskindof "Air") and ((player == (driver (vehicle player))) or (player == (gunner (vehicle player))))) then {
_nul = [(vehicle player)] spawn glt_hideGPSobject;
  };
};

Edited by Sickboy

NP Myke, in the version you posted it seems you copied the waitUntil code and left the original in place, this will cause an error:

waitUntil {!isNull player};
if (((vehicle player) iskindof "Air") and ((player == (driver (vehicle player))) or (player == (gunner (vehicle player))))) then {
 _nul = [(vehicle player)] spawn glt_hideGPSobject;
};

Lines 216-219

Meh...forgot to outcomment that part...uploading fixed as we speak...same link as above anyway.

Myke,

Before I get to detailed here in the two days of rustling with this the Hotfix below says it is newer than the one you gave me earlier. So I better try that first.

Vengeance

UPDATE: Myke, this Hotfix seems to have resolved the issue, it now works with all my AddOns including RKSL, FDF and a lot more. I have started and restarted missions, JIP missions and tried several others with and without RKSL Aircraft and all works fine. Thanks!

Edited by vengeance1

Can someone confirm that the difference betweeen the GLT Missilebox 3.4 and GLT Real Air Weapons can be summarised as this?

GLT Missilebox : realistic performance, re-textured existing missiles, new loadouts for existing aircraft + new weapon system systems

GLT Real Air Weapons: realistic performance

Edited by domokun

Can someone confirm that the difference betweeen the GLT Missilebox 3.4 and GLT Real Air Weapons can be summarised as this?

GLT Missilebox : realistic performance, re-textured existing missiles, new loadouts for existing aircraft + new weapon system systems

GLT Real Air Weapons: realistic performance

More like this:

Missilebox: new weapon systems with realistic performance and some other stuff like better looking models for BIS weapons.

Real Air Weapons: adjusting BIS weapons to be comparable/competitive with Missilebox weapons, nothing else.

:EDITH:

Hotfix update:

Due to the previosly discussed problem, here is a hotfix.

Changelog:
- [fixed] GPS/INS system sometime didn't initialized correctly

I would to thank vengeance1 for reporting the bug and helping to track it down.

Also a big thanks to Sickboy and RKSL-Rock for assisting in fixing this bug.

Really appreciate it, mates.

If you already downloaded version 3.4 of the Missilebox you can download the hotfix separately which is far smaller than the whole pack:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_Missilebox_hotfix.7z

Also the full pack has been updated and the dropbox link in the first post already contains the latest version. Mirrors will be noted as soon they catched up.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Thanks for the updates Myke. Iam testing the Misslebox & Real Air Weapons

on our server. Iam not a good pilot so to me its hard to see the difference between vanilla. Can someone give me an example why its diffrent ?

I have some questions left maybe someone is so kind to answer.

1.Tunguska/Avenger/Linebacker/Stinger+Strela Infantrie/AA-Pods do use GLT Missles/Rockets ?

2.Does server and client both need to instal the addons ?