Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

So mike this will complete the MOAB then. It will be gps guided now? . Awesome work.

Hmmm...i think i have to think over about finishing/releasing the GPS/INS system. Or what do you think about hitting a target from 8km distance, bomb dropped from 15000feet? :D

I think i have to make 200% sure the system can't be abused for other weapons than the JDAM and the JSOW. ;)

Myke;1840535']Hmmm...i think i have to think over about finishing/releasing the GPS/INS system. Or what do you think about hitting a target from 8km distance' date=' bomb dropped from 15000feet? :D

I think i have to make 200% sure the system can't be abused for other weapons than the JDAM and the JSOW. ;)[/quote']

Any plans to get this working with your RKSL Eurofighter weapons pack? Would be a nice addition... maybe a proper detection radar for the ALARM missles too, currently they're useless vs AA threats if you can only manually target them.

Good work :).

Any plans to get this working with your RKSL Eurofighter weapons pack?

I guess you're landed in the wrong thread. I don't have a "RKSL Eurofighter weapons pack" but RKSL-Rock surely has. :D

i understand mike it would just make the moab complete and me very happy:D

Argh....apologies, forgot to answer your question: yes, the MOAB definately will receive the GPS/INS guidance system.

Myke;1840561']Argh....apologies' date=' forgot to answer your question: yes, the MOAB definately will receive the GPS/INS guidance system.[/quote']

very good....gonna kill with high precision with this new guidance system.

Talibans be aware!!!

Myke;1840542']I guess you're landed in the wrong thread. I don't have a "RKSL Eurofighter weapons pack" but RKSL-Rock surely has. :D

My apologies Myke' date=' I had it in my head that you worked on this:

[url']http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11187[/url]

Seems like something you'd do :). Good luck anyway with the system.

Edited by rexehuk

When is a release expected?

I have to add that I love your mod , one of my favorites :).

@rexehuk

no problem, i take it as a compliment. ;)

@Nikiforos

not that easy to say. Generally speaking, the GPS/INS system will (hopefully) be available during this week (aimed deadline is next weekend). However, it needs to be implemented into planes, be it missionside or addonside.

I try to make this as easy as possible, preferably by simply adding a single command into a planes initline (missionside) or a additional action menu entry (addonside).

I also think about to create a editorplaceable modul which can be synced with planes that should have the feature.

Also something i'm thinking about is to include the MOAB into the Missilebox. This way updates would be easier, downside, those who only want the Missilebox or the MOAB would need to have the full package.

Let me know what you (speaking to all now) think about:

- Keep Missilebox and MOAB separated or

- make a single weaponspack out of it.

Is it possible for the script to works with other addons?

@ray243

sure, thats the plan.

Maybe a few facts about it:

- the MOAB would stay as it is (besides the GPS/INS guidance), a editorplaceable object

- Probably i would inlcude variants of the A-10 and the AV-8B (with GBU-12) which also uses the GPS/INS guidance, although with the GBU12....not utterly realistic, i know but at least something to immediately play with. And they will be separate variants so the original planes stay untouched.

- the F-16 will definately use the GPS/INS together with JDAM and JSOW weapons which are already in the Missilebox.

- other weapons will need an additional config entry to make them compatible with the system. This is required to avoid exploiting the system with normal laserguided weapons.

- respecting those limits (which are made by design, mostly for balancing reasons), any addon can be fitted with the system very easy.

I was thinking so that the script can be implemented into artillery to make those GPS guided artillery.

GPS guided artillery is something completely different, in meanings how this would be implemented ingame. My approach works for aerial weapons but it wouldn't work for arty.

A quick glance on the GPS/INS dialogue.

gpsinsmfd.th.jpg

A big thanks to my Clanmate [GLT]Turrican which made a dialog template for me which i only had to adjust slightly to fit my needs.

Myke;1841404'

- Keep Missilebox and MOAB separated or

- make a single weaponspack out of it.

i say make it a single weapons pack it would just make thing easy i mean you know when u release your new f-16 everyone will download it and it needs the missilebox so u get the moab 2 and everyone wins . i mean if u worry about adding a few hundred megs of stuff to your hard drive then u probably should not play Arma2 anyways :D anyways keep up the awesome work.

@bwph4273

indeed, i tend to go that way. ;)

Little update: GPS/INS system is forming well. Scripts need some finetuning to make it 99.99% failsafe.

W_Sh4hGOvWc

Looks quite nice!

Can you mark multiple targets and fire 1 bomb at each?

Hmm, then is it possible to add the GPS to other planes as well?

Hmm, then is it possible to add the GPS to other planes as well?

Go back one page to page 37.